OldMedMans's 3rd Grow AirPots and 6 Strains

Wait a minute! I just left your site and it was all different! What? A second grow? Has the man gone completely off his rocker@? Call out the men and get the woman and children off the streets! OMM is having a mid life crisis! Some men have flings, some get motor cycles or corvettes, others buy Jeep Wranglers, hey what's wrong with that..... But nooooo.... You got to make us all look bad! Your trying to be in two places at the same time. Do you have a license to speed my fine Hawaiian Filipino nurse chasing fiend! Just to impress the ladies I take it and all in the name of world peace :peace: Well well, I'll have to keep a better eye on you Mr OldMedMan, I bet that's not even your real name! I'll be watching, no sudden steps mister, or we'll have to get the fps (female patrol squad) out there to hold you down and .......... Hey they're employed by Mountain, I have nothing to do with this! :grinjoint:

I better go to bed my friend, I forgot to take my pills!:Rasta:

Excuse me while I peel my top eyelid from the bottom one.....:peace: Good luck with the dual grows!

Hey Woodsman! you think it's confusing to you, you should see it from my side! :) You just reminded me to make an appointment to see that big TaTa'ed nurse. It's been a while since she smothered me with those things.:smokin: Mid life crisis was long ago! I forget what that was all about!:grinjoint: No! Mountain High is in charge of them! What's happened to him now!:smokin: I can't stand all this change, you guys are out of control!! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Now on a very serious note. I really want to Thank You for the wonderful present you sent me!!!!! Folks, Woodsman is a fine crafter of Hickory Hand Made Pipes and he has given me one of them. :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:
Look at his present grow to see them, They are beautiful!

Buddy, I don't know if I want to use it or not! It's too beautiful to use!
My deepest THANKS partner!

Buenas Nachas! lol

Hey mi Compadre! Very cool start with all the females:bravo: You can count me in bro!

And good evening to you too sisco! I always count you in my buddy:grinjoint: Place wouldn't be the same with out you. :cheer:

Good thing I go back and look to see I missed anyone. I missed you! :welcome:

Aloha again my friend. There is a Holistic kind of place on N. King street. It's on the right hand side on the street going Diamond Head. Has compost tea and many other things to make tea out of. Bat Guano and tons of other stuff. Really nice woman runs it. Have forgotten the name of the place and it has a web page too. Do a search for compost tea and you should find it!:bravo:

Thanks again OMM. I had no clue what the word was for the "tea" haha. But i will definetly look up the compost tea. :ganjamon: Do you personally use a tea during veg. and a different in flower?

Thanks again OMM. I had no clue what the word was for the "tea" haha. But i will definetly look up the compost tea. :ganjamon: Do you personally use a tea during veg. and a different in flower?

Hi sWAGG No, I haven't yet. I have tea bags of worm shells, but haven't used it yet. Bought it on eBay from a really nice lady. She included a whole how to do it sheet too.

sonzor and several folks grow with tea only and have great luck with it. I haven't progressed that far yet.:grinjoint: Look in the how to grow section and you will find recipes for different kinds of teas.

Here's one!

There are more there too. The compost tea place on N. King has most of the strange stuff that goes in the tea! :)

Hi Again All:cheer:

I said I would show you my grow cabs. I built both of these cabs last summer out of old Stereo Cabnets. Quit laughing, I am terrible at DIY.
A little history is needed here. My first grow was a disaster....I had jumped in without enough planing. First there was no way to get air in and out of my room. Can't make changes to the house.
If nothing else, I learned about my cabs and what I could, in reality, expect from them.

I used them in the second grow exactly as I am now. It works very well. I only use them to veg. I only use them at night when temps are down. I also use them for the 6 hours of darkness at night. So they work out well once I knew what they could do.

The first 2 pictures are of the big :rollingeyes: cabinet. It is 7.3 sq. ft.
I can veg a plant to about 30". Usually I go 2', so the flower stretch shouldn't grow over 6'. You see my wonderful DIY work with the lights.

Let me say this about my lights. They cover the full spectrum, but that is not what I go by. I really don't care much for watts either. What I do care about is lumens. The more the better per sq ft. 30,000 is a good average amount.
My cab is 38,000. Many people will tell you this isn't a good way to do it. There are even more lights in there higher up.:) However it works quite well for me.

Sorry for the bad pictures. It's tight squeeze :smokin:
Those are 8 or 10" plants in there at the moment.

cab15.jpg

ca2.jpg

This is cab 2 the small one. It is 5.8 sq ft. I can grow a plant maybe 18" tall in it.

Once again CFLs, but this time I have an old 90 Watt UFO LED with only 2 spectrums. This one does not have the lumens I want, but it does veg well. The plants in this one are around 6". I raised the UFO to take the picture.
cabS1.jpg

Bare with me. Lemon Skunk is making this very s l o w going.

The big cab has 4 120 mm and 2 90 mm computer fans in it. The are powered by a computer power supply. The little cab has 3 90 mm fans and a computer power supply too.

This has probably been information overload.....I do tend to ramble on :peace:

Hi OMM, couple of days down with computer troubles but I made it finally. This is gonna be another fun grow, I can feel it.

A quick thought about your nute list, the epsom salts might be a little much if you are already using Cal/Mag. Don't want to hit them too hard.

Good luck my friend. I'm in.:cheer:

Of course I started at the end and read backwards, lol. Plants are all growing great OMM. That widow must want a more radical shift in sunlight to get serious, gonna have to move her to the north a thousand miles or so. heheh.

Hey buddy, enjoy that pipe, it has a nice taste to it. Kind of a cooler taste. You sent me a practically bran new camera on my last grow just to help me out, That was a very very kind gesture and a wonderful gift. This is the least I could do to show my gratitude. :peace:

Hiya! You tricked me. I didn't notice the new journal. Another very cool start.

Have you thought about doing a plant in ground? With your laws, it seems that a few trees would be good for you. I know you like those airpots, but they seem a little small for your grows at this point. But you like to move your plants so that's a big factor.

Anyways - its already another fantastic journal and happy to be along for the ride.

:nicethread::bravo::peace:

Good thing I go back and look to see I missed anyone. I missed you! :welcome:[/QUOTE]

I know... little guys like me just get lost in the crowd. lol

OMG another Jo! wait... oh, OK your just gonna chopp and start over again:reading420magazine: Yes! Kill it infront of the others...tell them, if they get out of line... "SNAP"

Just read George W. Bushes autobiography...feeling :grinjoint: evil :riskybusiness:

ok omm,
i found you...you thought you could hide...hahhhh...about the w.w., i dont know what to say, i have 3 l.a.conf. that are 14" tall and thats it....i have tried it all, repot, more nitrogen, less, more light, farther, then closer, i even cked the roots...the dang plant did the same thing last time....midgets, i think i'll send them to j.l., he has a thing aabout midgets...these arent wrestling but i think they could be taught...wow...if you find out the cure, let me know....my o.j. has been in the bud room for 15wks....not kidding, thats just on 12/12, not counting veg....she has nice buds, and they just keep growing, shes been on mollassas for 3 wks now, the leaves are finally turning a little yellow, i even clear x her again, thinking she was getting nutz from the neighbors....she is just slow i guess....she will be d/c'd for a while, but "i have the seed"....so not too worried....the s.l.h. is sitting an inch away from the lights which are above and around her in the phototron, so dont know what her problem is...whoops, wrong journal...
the babes look wonderful....know how you feel about the w.w., but wait her out, i bet she will have a small root system....sometimes my smaller ones do...i started giving them roots, oregonism.....works for all the others...just messy to deal with....like mixing dark grey greasy chalk...ugh...which brand of white widow is she, mine was green house....and it was hugh....smoking the last of her now....great flavor....all for now....glad i found this...lavendar

Hi OMM, couple of days down with computer troubles but I made it finally. This is gonna be another fun grow, I can feel it.

A quick thought about your nute list, the epsom salts might be a little much if you are already using Cal/Mag. Don't want to hit them too hard.

Good luck my friend. I'm in.:cheer:

Of course I started at the end and read backwards, lol. Plants are all growing great OMM. That widow must want a more radical shift in sunlight to get serious, gonna have to move her to the north a thousand miles or so. heheh.

Hi Mmmmick I can relate to computer problems quite well! Some of us were worried about you! Glad your back! :bravo:

Thanks for the tip on epsom salts. I will watch my step then. Some times the brain does not remember things like it should. I have no clue why I do that, I'll have smoke some more Lemon Skunk and think it over. You don't think Lemon Skunk caused it do you? Naaaa has to be something else! :grinjoint:

Actually the WW looked good today....some signs of new growth.....crazy plant! I'm glad, I couldn't afford to ship her anywhere.:smokin:

Hey buddy, enjoy that pipe, it has a nice taste to it. Kind of a cooler taste. You sent me a practically bran new camera on my last grow just to help me out, That was a very very kind gesture and a wonderful gift. This is the least I could do to show my gratitude. :peace:

Hi Woodsman Just looking at the pictures you post with that camera was enough for me. The picture tutorial you just did on your awful worm problem was just perfect. Professional! :cheer:

Bud, I don't know if I will ever use the pipe!:grinjoint: It is setting right in front of me and it's a handmade work of art! I just can't bring myself to use it!
To me it's worth 2 or 3 cameras! The fact that you made it, is good enough for me! :bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

Hiya! You tricked me. I didn't notice the new journal. Another very cool start.

Have you thought about doing a plant in ground? With your laws, it seems that a few trees would be good for you. I know you like those airpots, but they seem a little small for your grows at this point. But you like to move your plants so that's a big factor.

Anyways - its already another fantastic journal and happy to be along for the ride.

:nicethread::bravo::peace:

Hello My Friend Papa;) Thanks for finding it. Can't sneak by you!

I have thought about in the ground, however, when Jo and I made her flower garden we discovered some really bad info on our soil. We looked in some history books and this is what we found: Where we live was once the the shore line. It was a beach. Then about 100 years ago it was a Horse racing track. The shore line is now less than a quarter away.

We planted a couple of fruit trees and as I dug I discovered the the soil was maybe 6" deep, then I hit very fine beach sand and at 2' I hit water. Salt water! Sooooo no in the ground growing!:smokin::smokin:

Don't think mj would like sand and salt water.:yahoo:

So glad you'll be riding along with this grow. I always learn things from you Buddy.:cheer:

i know... little guys like me just get lost in the crowd. lol

OMG another Jo! wait... oh, OK your just gonna chopp and start over again:reading420magazine: Yes! Kill it infront of the others...tell them, if they get out of line... "SNAP"

Just read George W. Bushes autobiography...feeling :grinjoint: evil :riskybusiness:

Take my word for it sisco, you would never be lost in the crowd:):):):)

The WW must have heard you....she was showing a bit of new growth today!
Scared hell out of her! :grinjoint:

Please don't join forces with Mountain High you guys could take over the world! Put that Bush book down!:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

ok omm,
i found you...you thought you could hide...hahhhh...about the w.w., i dont know what to say, i have 3 l.a.conf. that are 14" tall and thats it....i have tried it all, repot, more nitrogen, less, more light, farther, then closer, i even cked the roots...the dang plant did the same thing last time....midgets, i think i'll send them to j.l., he has a thing aabout midgets...these arent wrestling but i think they could be taught...wow...if you find out the cure, let me know....my o.j. has been in the bud room for 15wks....not kidding, thats just on 12/12, not counting veg....she has nice buds, and they just keep growing, shes been on mollassas for 3 wks now, the leaves are finally turning a little yellow, i even clear x her again, thinking she was getting nutz from the neighbors....she is just slow i guess....she will be d/c'd for a while, but "i have the seed"....so not too worried....the s.l.h. is sitting an inch away from the lights which are above and around her in the phototron, so dont know what her problem is...whoops, wrong journal...
the babes look wonderful....know how you feel about the w.w., but wait her out, i bet she will have a small root system....sometimes my smaller ones do...i started giving them roots, oregonism.....works for all the others...just messy to deal with....like mixing dark grey greasy chalk...ugh...which brand of white widow is she, mine was green house....and it was hugh....smoking the last of her now....great flavor....all for now....glad i found this...lavendar

High Lavendar:cheer:
Glad you found the journal.....wouldn't be complete...without you!:cheer:

That o. j. sounds familiar. I had a BlackJack like that in my first grow. She just wouldn't finish. She ate all her leaves and still keep going. When she finally did finish she was easy to trim. I still have some of her,,,,she is for special occasions.......your Hubby would love her.:)
Thump that SLH and tell her to straighten out, well better not tell her that she already does that, just tell her to get some leaves going! :):)

The WW is a KCBrains. It has been through a bit of breeding and I was looking forward to growing her. I have yet to smoke any ww and am/was looking forward to trying her. She has short leash, she better do something soon or the Guillotine !;)
Glad your sweet self will be along for the ride!:bravo:

Hi Mmmmick I can relate to computer problems quite well! Some of us were worried about you! Glad your back! :bravo:

Thanks for the tip on epsom salts. I will watch my step then. Some times the brain does not remember things like it should. I have no clue why I do that, I'll have smoke some more Lemon Skunk and think it over. You don't think Lemon Skunk caused it do you? Naaaa has to be something else! :grinjoint:
Actually the WW looked good today....some signs of new growth.....crazy plant! I'm glad, I couldn't afford to ship her anywhere.:smokin:

No worries OMM, but I appreciate your concern. :cool:
Well if it's the Lemon Skunk thats causing a bit of short term loss it might be a fair trade, heheh.
Some of the widow phenos might go long, you never know how the traits will show. I think you'll be happy with the smoke and pleased you let her finish.:grinjoint:

No worries OMM, but I appreciate your concern. :cool:
Well if it's the Lemon Skunk thats causing a bit of short term loss it might be a fair trade, heheh.
Some of the widow phenos might go long, you never know how the traits will show. I think you'll be happy with the smoke and pleased you let her finish.:grinjoint:

Hi Mmmmick,:)
She looks better today, so I'll ride along with her a bit more. I would like to see how she smokes. Thanks!:peace:

Day 31 of veg

A Group shot of the little ones looking pretty:)

gp1.jpg

The beautiful Super Lemon Haze :)
SLH11.jpg

The great looking Church :)
church12.jpg

Old days Columbia Gold :)
columb1.jpg

Another of the Columbian :)
columb3.jpg

A healthy Moby Dick :)
moby1.jpg

The striking Super Silver Haze :)
ssh4.jpg

Last, but not least, the White Widow. :)
ww128.jpg

Well, there's the quick update. The White Widow is in day 75 of limbo! :)

Back
Top Bottom