Perpetual Ghetto Dungeon - AKA The Snake Farm

I will select one male for breeding and place it in my music room way away from the grow. The rest will be chopped and discarded. Then I hope for the male to release pollen before the girls are past 6 weeks of flower and pollinate a branch on a selected female. I have had good success in making seeds this way in the past. I even had a "sticky" for this method years ago on another forum. I will document it here as I go.

Edit: Hey Stage, I posted a thread in the Seed, Clones and Strains section of my bean making method. Find the link in my sig.

came here by reading your sticky about seeds :bravo:
what did you do with them? and one more, i have some fresh seeds do i have to dry them or can i just germ them fresh???

I will select one male for breeding and place it in my music room way away from the grow. The rest will be chopped and discarded. Then I hope for the male to release pollen before the girls are past 6 weeks of flower and pollinate a branch on a selected female. I have had good success in making seeds this way in the past. I even had a "sticky" for this method years ago on another forum. I will document it here as I go.

Edit: Hey Stage, I posted a thread in the Seed, Clones and Strains section of my bean making method. Find the link in my sig.

GG,
I visited and commented.
Sticky worthy post so I bookmarked it.
Great way to save money on seeds. Your process is solid. Respect!

Thanks Stage!

Hi veinz, I let the seeds dry i a cool, dark dry place for a months or so before I put them in an air-tight jar. I would imagine that a fresh seed just trimmed out should germinate. If it were not ready I suppose it just may take a few days longer to pop?

I made those seed in about 2007. I grew out about a couple dozen in some following grows with 100% germ rate. But, I stored them in a little cool dry nook under the house when I should have put them in the fridge. I shut down the grow from about 2009 until last year. When I went to grow some of them I only got 7 seeds to pop out of about 100. I even tried sanding the edges, soaking etc... Sucked :(

I now have a brand new pack of AK47 waiting in the wings and ready to go after this THC Bomb :thumb:

Subbed. I can't wait to see what you end up with. They look good. I'm hoping to get THC B on seeds soon. Any tips on growing and or obtaining a few at a good price? How is it with cfls?

Hi Mr. A! you are my first "Thank" click. What's up with that!?! The big light comes on in about an hour. I have one more confirmed girl as of yesterday and two confirmed males. I will be checking in on them shortly and hopefully repotting more girls and giving an update. I love this stage of the game when growing seeds,

Well the plants in veg were very dry and thirsty tonight so I watered and put off any transplanting until the next couple days. Humididty has been low here the last few days for a change. I have one girl and three males in veg still. 'three are still unknown.

Will update when I re-pot for flower by the weekend.

Welcome applegate and thanks for the kind words.

Your sticky is AWESOME! I'm fascinated with some of the genetic backgrounds of many of the strains and admit I have a secret desire to play around with some breeding. Your process is totally doable for the small grower. I'm off to see if I can find my old book on Gregor Mendel and Luther Burbank. I'm inspired!

I agree with applegate awesome journal and I love the seed sticky. :Namaste:

I gave you a like & a thank..............I wanted to be your first to do both at the same time. :cheesygrinsmiley:

As soon as I saw the way you train your plants that Fat Joe song came into my head... "Lean back, now Lean back!" haha

Fantastically healthy looking plants! I look forward to seeing these babies grow! :thumb:

Grow Update - Day 44

I have been busy and running behind as usual. At least I had work this weekend. The plants are still growing like crazy on the veg table. I have one confirmed girl still in veg and should be repotting it and any others that may sex in the next few days. I am vegging longer in case I don't get but a couple more girls. The plants in flower are looking very hungry. They will be ready for water by tomorrow and I plan to give them a heavy feeding. This is the first time I have used the AN nutrients and I obviously haven't been feeding enough. Anyone out there familiar with the AN nutes in a soilless (Promix BH) mix help me out here. Maybe it is just this strain that is very hungry? I will add a little Cal/Mag to the mix too.

The Veg station:
veg-44days.jpg

The Flower Tent:
girl1-10days-flower.jpg

girl2-10days-flower.jpg

girl3-10days-flower.jpg

Here's what I do when the pimp-hand still isn't working and the step-son has lost my drill.

Rock Training:
gravity1.jpg

~giggles~

~GG

Looking good GG, I feel you on the freeloader got a buddy staying on the couch, when I say buddy I mean the girlfriends annoying boston accent having friend, good she's killing a mans GreenCrack :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom