Perpetual Multi-Strain Indoor/Outdoor Grow

Hey RS, when I saw that shot of the mites literally pilling onto eachother the only thing I could think was FIRE!!!
Glad you are knockin' em down and keeping those bastards under control, those before and afters are something else great job!

With the visible issues on the plants & nutrient talk, I would not count out the number of mites you had & the stress it put on the plants. I'm sure the plants took a hard hit after encountering that many mites which could be some the leaf issues you are seeing at the moment. I am only saying this due to last outdoor season when my garden was getting attacked, I noticed that multiple sprayings being continually applied attempting to break the reproductive cycle can actually cause some leaf issues (burns, deficient looking spots). Just some thoughts :)

Another thing, like you said maybe the plants want more Mg than Ca, and with Cal Mag they could be getting continual higher calcium doses?

Hiya CA! Thank's so much for the compliment. I am still seeing a few here and there, but hopefully they are on the way out. You made a very good point about the sprays and mites stressing the plants. That school stuff is working! I think you are spot on. I think they could very well be getting too much Ca, especially since I have been using tap water. Thank's for the tips :) :circle-of-love:

Hey Rain, you going to do another outdoor grow this year? :popcorn:

Hope all is well in your world :Namaste:

It is funny you should say that ;)...yes sir! I am excited for a summer outdoor grow. I have big plans. Possibly putting out large clones in a greenhouse if everything goes well.

Happy Tokerday Rain :thumb:

Hi Cron! Thank's man, I hope all is well in your neck of the woods too :)

Hey Rain Its been raining :rofl: seriously all day and tonight too
Chronic Weekend to ya man I just jarred up my chemdawg pic on journal :thumb:

Well things took a strange direction because our power bill was crazy, almost twice what it is normally. I am confident that it is because of roommates and us running 1k and 1.5k heater fans too much. I decided to put the indoor plants outside to flower then, so nobody can give me a hard time for running the 400w t5. So far the outdoors is going amazingly well. The plants look the best they have looked in ages. I think they are really liking the new light. I put some EWC and Bat guano (high P I think) in the bottoms of the holes. I am super excited! I also have some p4 clones inside under 18/6 using a much weaker light. I want to have these genetics around for my summer grow too! The plants look a little less perky because I took these pics after transplanting. The rootballs looked very good too.

2 days in flower Broke B. Clona (white diamond og kush) on right, Adonia (P4) on left. Girls are looking a lovely shade of green to me, If I can get 4oz total I will be extatic. Do you guys think this is possible? I am in Southern CA just in case some of you are new to the journal.
04584.jpg
04686.jpg
042108.jpg
04787.jpg

As always any advice or questions are most welcome!
:surf:

That looks good! Nice work :thumb: They should finish by the June solstice.
Looks like they are directly into the ground so that is cool! :high-five:
And I think you could pull 4 ounces off them both.
:popcorn:

PS, We don't want too much P right now, at this stage I like to use the 4-5-4 bat guano by Dr Earth or potentially the 10-3-1 if they yellowed too quick on me.

Only thing I got is, watch the rH around those girlies. My drying room for my herb is currently 70%rH which is causing me to fret abit :bitingnails:
I have had a little hog plant outdoors since the beginning of the year, she is still alive but is very slow growing, im sure she doesn't like the frozen rootzone. But she is still continuing to push out purple pistils.

Anticipating your outdoor session this year RS :high-five:

back to the great outdoors

...and it feels so good. Growing indoors has proven much more demanding. I will give it another go when I have a tent and a decent light, but for now I am relieved they are outside.

That looks good! Nice work :thumb: They should finish by the June solstice.
Looks like they are directly into the ground so that is cool! :high-five:
And I think you could pull 4 ounces off them both.
:popcorn:

PS, We don't want too much P right now, at this stage I like to use the 4-5-4 bat guano by Dr Earth or potentially the 10-3-1 if they yellowed too quick on me.

Finish by June!!? These things will be giant by then. I really hope I am dumb and you are joking! But the days are getting longer, so maybe you are serious. If that is the case It may be wise for me to force flower :) The tomato plant I grew in this corner last year grew taller than the fence at 7' tall, and yielded over 200 fruits. I can only imagine the smell from a cannabis plant that large!

It was only a pinch of guano really, but I think it was the one for flower. I will look and post the exact one. I hope there are no caterpillars out there this time of year.

I will be so excited if I get 4oz each!! :thumb:

Only thing I got is, watch the rH around those girlies. My drying room for my herb is currently 70%rH which is causing me to fret abit :bitingnails:
I have had a little hog plant outdoors since the beginning of the year, she is still alive but is very slow growing, im sure she doesn't like the frozen rootzone. But she is still continuing to push out purple pistils.

Anticipating your outdoor session this year RS :high-five:

I was kind of pondering that too. I was thinking the high humidity and cold could kill the mites, but could also cause PM. I want to keep the greenhouse closed to keep the warmth in, but I know they need to get fresh air too. Hopefully I can find a happy balance.

I will have to come check out your little hog. She sounds very cute!

They look amazing....:circle-of-love:

Thank you Dennise! It is just astounding how resilient these plants are! I am so excited to see them happy again :) Thank's so much for popping in!

:yahoo: Hurray! Back outside! Fresh air, real sunshine, real breezes and moonbeams to dance in! They're going to love you Rain! I will be checking back for sure.
I got my SNS spider mite spray, when I get my outdoor grow going...I'll be ready for them! Rat basterds....LOL
Sure hope that helps out the power bill, I did some "condensing" on my grow today too. That power bill is killing me!

...and it feels so good. Growing indoors has proven much more demanding. I will give it another go when I have a tent and a decent light, but for now I am relieved they are outside.

Finish by June!!? These things will be giant by then. I really hope I am dumb and you are joking! But the days are getting longer, so maybe you are serious. If that is the case It may be wise for me to force flower :) The tomato plant I grew in this corner last year grew taller than the fence at 7' tall, and yielded over 200 fruits. I can only imagine the smell from a cannabis plant that large!

It was only a pinch of guano really, but I think it was the one for flower. I will look and post the exact one. I hope there are no caterpillars out there this time of year.

I will be so excited if I get 4oz each!! :thumb:

I'm sure growing indoors is demanding, but I think growing outdoors is potentially much more demanding IMHO :Namaste: So many more insects and possible environmental inconsistencies and variances that contribute to the plants life cycle and end-result. You know, there is a type of dessert wine I like to drink, they use botrytis mold on the stems of the grape trees to suck out the moisture from the grapes and condense the sugars, and when fermented yields a beautifully sweet and pleasant sweet wine. Ones years crop may be better than the next, or vice versa based off our weather, which is demanding in itself, just how it goes... ;) I demand good weather!! :rofl:

Yeah, you aren't dumb, and I am being serious. Unless they are autoflowers I suspect they will veg for another ~45 days and begin to flower hard until the June solstice, if they are not done by the June solstice they will go into-reveg and grow until September. Like you said, you could just force flower them now, and I believe you could pull 4 ounces off them with their current growth. What is their current flowering status, I wonder? Because you could probably double the size of these plants and harvest 8-10 ounces if we get a good heat spurt here pretty soon. And of course you could just force flower them if need be, but it is a lot of working putting on a tarp, removing a tarp on exact schedule each day based off the plant's needs. If they were mine, I would probably feed them 10-3-1 bat guano in a tea to stimulate some more vegetative growth, hence the higher yield. These things will be big ass bushes as long as there are no big tree roots coming from outside your house, or any big rocks down below. Since you mentioned having the very large tomato plant in that exact area last year, I assume you have composted the area heavily with macro nutrients, I'm sure there will have been a depletion of certain immobile metals used by the tomatos, so may need to having something on hand incase something happens. I don't expect you'll have a big caterpillar problem this time of year, but there is Peak Flight Time #1 occuring in June/July but are subject to temperatures and environmental conditions as to when that exact time will be.

Anyway, I can definitely tell they look happy outside, I am excited to see them grow, thank you for updating us. :thumb:

You outdoor growers make me sick! Literally. Not sick at you but sick to my stomach that I can't grow outside. I guess that's called jealousy. LOL... If I ever leave the city that's going to be the first thing I do.
Stacks, Those dolls are looking good. Make sure you read my signature everyone.

You outdoor growers make me sick! Literally. Not sick at you but sick to my stomach that I can't grow outside. I guess that's called jealousy. LOL... If I ever leave the city that's going to be the first thing I do.
Stacks, Those dolls are looking good. Make sure you read my signature everyone.

:green_heart:

too many people too many houses too close to do anything outdoor in my neighborhood
Happy Skunkday Rain :thumb:

Thank's so much for all the love guys. Lester it was High P guano :/. The P4 seems to be having a slight averse reaction to the new soil/conditions as the petioles are mostly facing down (with turgidity in them). The White Diamond seems to be doing better than ever.

I will have no choice but to force flower if these plants would grow for months otherwise, I think I am seeing flowers on the P4. I should be able to tell for sure within the next 24 hours.

5 days in flower Adonia (P4) and Broke B. Clona (White Diamond OG Kush):
86110.jpg
8601.jpg
8591.jpg
8631.jpg
8621.jpg

:surf:

Time for the Big boys...

Rainstacks my man :) awesome indeed! Nice big blooming huge bushes of joy! :) Now ill be stopping in to check up more often, wasn't aware you were all under way etc. My bad! Best of buds!!!

No need to apologize my friend! This has been a very rag tag operation here ;) I am honored to have you here!

Time for the Big boys...

I hope so! Even if I only get a little bit of medicine, I will be very happy to have some variety in the cabinet. :high-five:

id put one of those up but I don't want to go there I may post one in omm's off topic
Looks good rain Happy Tokerday :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom