SweetLeef's Gone Muy Loco! Tijuana EbbnFlow - 4 Autos in Supersoil

Hey Dr Bob!

This journal is just starting. I harvested three autos in my last journal, and now I have three more going that just popped. I will be getting a rooted clone of Obama Kush from a buddy. Should be ready sometime this week. Glad to have you along for the ride. This is my second grow, but everything is so new to me this round(hydro, LED, photo plant, training, scrog) I have a definite learning curve, but there are so many wonderful growers It's just gotta be a success! At least, a small one :) This is going to be fun, Once the autos are gone I want the single kush plant to fill my entire 5x5 tent with a beautiful canopy of colas ;) I'm shooting for the start on this one, but will be elated if I make it over the moon :goof:

Now that sounds like serious fun right there. Glad I got in early enough to watch to whole show. I did a bunch of autos over the last year and they are sure a handfull. Can't really do anything with them, so to speak, but you have to watch them like a hawk. They sure are insta fun though.

Can't wait to see you grow a 5x5 tree! I might give one of those a try next with some serious training to do the same. I only have a 4x2x7 but I also only have myself to worry about digging in the jars! I agree on the thecaptn's stuff, great info.

:thumb:

Nice little spoutling you got there Sweet

Thanks dude! I love my little girls!

Seriously, I love growing these plants! It's the coolest thing I do. I love how I come home after a long day at work and they have grown. So awesome! I cant get enough of it. I am very fortunate to be one of the relatively few people who can do this, for the most part, without fear of consequences.

Thanks dude! I love my little girls!

Seriously, I love growing these plants! It's the coolest thing I do. I love how I come home after a long day at work and they have grown. So awesome! I cant get enough of it. I am very fortunate to be one of the relatively few people who can do this, for the most part, without fear of consequences.

I envy you, especially after OZ BRIT. Let's hope things are looking up for him. :peace:

I envy you, especially after OZ BRIT. Let's hope things are looking up for him. :peace:

Thanks MsBadger. Yes I am super lucky to live where I do. The fact that people are still getting sent up because of this little plant is awful. It's amazing how many lives have been ruined, how much hardship has been placed on families and how much money has been wasted incarcerating people for growing a stupid plant. A PLANT!! WTF, a plant?

I know I'm preaching o the choir here, but man it really upsets me how cautious we have to be. Even where I am, if it's not the cops it's the robbers you have to worry about. It can really bum me out if I let my mind go there, so I'm gonna cut the rant now.

MsBadger, is the enemy territory you are in at least having a discussion about changing the laws? No medical loop hole?

Nice one MsBadger :)
Hey Sweet hows it a growin my friend? Frosty and Dank I hope! :)

Hey Light! Thanks for stopping by, it's very nice to see you this morning. Stay tuned. I am gonna burn on and then attempt an update before I have to go to work. :)

Hey SweetLeef, a little late to the show but sub'd! Looks like the action is just getting started. This is going to be good.

Hey AllSmiles! Welcome to the journal. You are not late at all, things are just getting rolling, the first part of the journal was a warm up. I think page 8 is when it officially starts... I think ;)

Alright gonna snap some pics and it's update time

Update TIme Y'All!

The three girls in my lair at the moment have all been named.

Smurfberry, shall be named after the king's niece from the tv show, The Smurfs. Please say hello to.....

Princess Savina
PS7.jpg

Auto Pounder With Cheese: The name was a suggestion from my sis. I think it's funny. Please give a warm welcome to.......

Lindy Berger
LB7.jpg

The Hobbit: Named after the love of Samwise Gamgee. Please meet and get to know.....

Rosie Cotton
RC.jpg

Savina and Lindy have been transplanted into their final homes. 5gallon smart pots with TGA Super Soil. I didn't have enough soil to fill both pots, so they are both at about 4 gallons. So, my next round will have the true 5 gallon pots. Oh well.

Anyway, I think the transplant went smoothly. Princess Savina started showing a phosphorus deficiency just like Steph and Dawnie did in my first grow. That's how I knew it was time to go. Otherwise I would have let them get just a tad more root bound.

I think I will give my dirty girls compost tea as well. I hadn't thought about it before but since I'll be brewing and feeding to the hydro girls, why wouldn't I give it to the soil girls, too? Make it super-duper soil. Especially as the plants get bigger.

Now, onto Rosie.

It took me longer to get everything set up and rolling, but Rosie is Flowing right now and should Ebb in a few minutes. When I got it all set up and went to bed I didn't realize I had set up my timer the wrong way.

It's a mechanical timer that has 20minute intervals. I went to bed thinking I had set the timer to run the flow for 20minutes every two hours. In fact, I set the timer to shut the water off for 20 minute eveery two hours. So Rosie got one hell of an introduction to the EnF system :laughtwo:

Skybound, I don't think asphyxiation is too big of a concern. The rockwool holds onto a lot of o2. I'm glad it had those 20minute breaks, because I think it would be a different story in that case, but she got a lot of water for a long time and seems no worse for the ware.

She seems fine though, she doesn't look over watered or droopy. I also upped the nutes to a full 1/4 dose. I was feeding her 130ppm which is less than 1/4 of the maxibloom powder. Even with the increased nutes, she's looking good so far :)

Here is a pic of her in action
Flowin.jpg

Here is a closer look at the drain hole. The way the tube is in the res, it causes backpressure or something and the tube starts jerking and then there is this constant gurgling sound that is too loud to try and sleep next to. I took a little air hose and stuck it in there, always allowing the tube to breath and having the air come from above the water level eliminated the gurgling.
gurgle_tube.jpg

A few more tweaks no doubt, but the system is now running pretty much the way I want it to. Hoping to go grab my Obama Kush plant tomorrow if she's ready.

That's all for today. Hope all is great green and frosty in your worlds :)

Girls look great! So good that you are growing again. :cheer:

Thanks, sis! I'm so happy things are rolling again!! :high-five::thumb::Namaste::love::love:

Fantastic update and pics! Thanks for the explanation of things on the hydro side. It is very cool stuff and I love to hear about it. Thanks!

Thanks Dr. Bob, Hydro is very cool stuff. It's really what inspired e to grow, but the start up cost for this hobby is decent. As such, I wwas able to get started with soil before I could afford the go hydro. I wanted this to be my first journal, but I'm actually glad it's my second. The start up costs of this hobby are considerable, and I was able to start much sooner than I would have been able to with hydro. Also, the amount I learned during my first grow.... I cant imagine also having to deal with ph and ppm on top of that.

I am glad you are learning with me! I hope we can learn much more together along this journey, and I'm sure we will. ;)

Cool Sweet Looking good too Great Weekend to you

Thanks Chronic! Do you think I could get an occasional old school greeting? once in a while? I never know what day it is anymore :) ;) :laughtwo: :bong:

Looking good SL! Hydro and soil all in one journal. :popcorn:

A dumb question for you man or anyone else. Since Savina and Lindy are transplanted into 5 gals (or 4) do you need to water the entire pot or just the area around the plant since they are so young? Was just wondering since nute expenses can add up. I plan on using 5 gal on my 2nd grow. On my 1st grow I watered the entire pot for 3 gal.

I'm very interested to watch Rosie and her progression. First hydro grow I'm following from beginning.

Looking good SL! Hydro and soil all in one journal. :popcorn:

A dumb question for you man or anyone else. Since Savina and Lindy are transplanted into 5 gals (or 4) do you need to water the entire pot or just the area around the plant since they are so young? Was just wondering since nute expenses can add up. I plan on using 5 gal on my 2nd grow. On my 1st grow I watered the entire pot for 3 gal.

I'm very interested to watch Rosie and her progression. First hydro grow I'm following from beginning.

I water the whole pot, but I don't add nutes to my soil girls because I a using the TGA Super Soil. So it's just water for the girls fro start to finish. I think I will feed them some compost tea this round though.

Please note: This next part is pure speculation, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would venture to guess, that you could probably get away with feeding the area for a little while. But, it is hard to tell where your roots are. Also, I feel like you want to water the whole pot to encourage your roots to move toward the sides and bottom. But perhaps they'll do that anyway. I think you also want to get your soil fed so it's ready to feed your plant. I'm not sure I said that the way it sounds in my head. I just woke up, perhaps I can be more articulate later.

I too am very excited about Rosie. I am having a blast with hydro so far. Many problems to be solved when figuring out how to put it all together :)

The girls just had their first dark period last night. I cant wait to see them, but might have to head out to work before they wake up. Oh, well. I am only going in for a few hours. :)

Thanks for the question AllSmiles, I feel like I totally didn't answer it. Hopefully someone much better equipped to answer your question will come along soon. Otherwise, give it a shot. If they still look thirsty give em some more.

Hey there sweetleaf, how's life my friend?
Exciting watching you tackle growing a beast plant in hydro!

For allsmiles: a thought I had was we're talking seedling into a 3-5 gal container here I think, so, water with just water, whole container. It will be a long while till the pot needs watering again. Let the little plant get established and use up the existing nutrients in the soil. Then, when its bigger, pot is dry, feed the thing however u want to.

Helpful I hope. I'm used to photos not autos but the very basics have to be same.

Thanks MsBadger. Yes I am super lucky to live where I do. The fact that people are still getting sent up because of this little plant is awful. It's amazing how many lives have been ruined, how much hardship has been placed on families and how much money has been wasted incarcerating people for growing a stupid plant. A PLANT!! WTF, a plant?

I agree totally with you, An individual in my state convicted of mere possession of less than an ounce of marijuana faces a sentence of up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. The governor has been bought and paid for by the Koch brothers. Time to leave, as soon as we can. :peace::green_heart:

But, it is hard to tell where your roots are. Also, I feel like you want to water the whole pot to encourage your roots to move toward the sides and bottom.

Good points. That totally makes perfect sense. Thanks.

For allsmiles: a thought I had was we're talking seedling into a 3-5 gal container here I think, so, water with just water, whole container. It will be a long while till the pot needs watering again. Let the little plant get established and use up the existing nutrients in the soil. Then, when its bigger, pot is dry, feed the thing however u want to.

Helpful I hope. I'm used to photos not autos but the very basics have to be same.

That is helpful. Thanks COorganics! Now that I reflect back on my current grow (also first) it was long between waterings when I transplanted. Like 7 days. Plus I didn't get on a regular nute schedule til after a few weeks since soil was pretty good for awhile. This is not a good sign if I didn't learn from my first grow. I will water the entire pot!

You are going to rock this hydro grow SweetLeef!

Hey there sweetleaf, how's life my friend?
Exciting watching you tackle growing a beast plant in hydro!

Hey COorganics :)

Life is pretty good right now, I hope you are feeling the same. Depending on what time my buddy gets off work, I am hoping to go pick up my photo and get her going!

I agree totally with you, An individual in my state convicted of mere possession of less than an ounce of marijuana faces a sentence of up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. The governor has been bought and paid for by the Koch brothers. Time to leave, as soon as we can. :peace::green_heart:

Damn, that is harsh sentencing. I hope you can get moved quickly or things change for the better. Keep your eyes up and your wits about you, MsBadger!

Good Lord Sweetleef, am I late for this or what??? Maybe I lost the subscribed thread or something. I am so sorry.
Anyway, I"m subbed up and going back for reading today! :circle-of-love:

Hey Canna!

I just checked the schedule, and you are right on time ;) You know I wouldn't have let anything that cool happen without coming to get you first! Besides, you are a busy lady! I am way behind on a lot of journals. I just found out that Broke Ass Reg has a new journal, and it's like I'm years behind!

Good points. That totally makes perfect sense. Thanks.

That is helpful. Thanks COorganics! Now that I reflect back on my current grow (also first) it was long between waterings when I transplanted. Like 7 days. Plus I didn't get on a regular nute schedule til after a few weeks since soil was pretty good for awhile. This is not a good sign if I didn't learn from my first grow. I will water the entire pot!

You are going to rock this hydro grow SweetLeef!

Thanks AllSmiles! I sure hope so! At the very least, I am having a great time trying it out :)

Back
Top Bottom