Vick's - Organic Triple Strain'ed Sea Of Green - Wiw!

well done on another GREAT journal Vick! i would consider your journals a MUSt view for all growers- tight, educational, great presentation and clear with astounding pics. just a question for ya Vick, what would you consider to be the most effective system of SOGging? if you could choose one above any other? im seriously considering aeroponic SOG in 100L totes.. say approx 50 per tote. but i can't get away from the ease and simplicity of a good ole soil SOG- as ive done in the past...

hoping life is treating you and your famz kindly good Sir /|\

oh one more question for ya Vick!

i have a 3mwide tent.. 1.5m deep and 2m high... with your light mover, do you think my 600W would be adequate to cover that width?? it takes about 60sec to get from one end to the other.. purely a question on savings on the ole bill bro, but if i have to up to a single 1000W hps i'll do it, either way, would one light be enough to cover that area?

cheers dude

p.s. i currently have 2x 600HPS lights running on my light mover in that space...

Thanks man,
I was using Liquid Koolbloom all the way through flower, then used Koolbloom dry at I think 2.5ml's per gallon in the last few weeks before flush. I wouldn't recommend using it though (koolbloom dry). It's so high in P that it stresses the plant out to try and produce more fruits in its final weeks. In my case, and I'm sure with many people that have used it, it hermied some of the plants near the end. Plus I didn't really see any explosive growth as they say.
Not what I want to do to my plants.. I want to give them what they need, not freak them out.
If you already have some and are planning on using it, I'd suggest using it at half dose around week 3 after stretch. It will help the plants explode with early pistil development, and help build a good foundation for some big solid buds. Then flush hard and continue with your normal flowering nutes. But go easy on it. If your plants are nute sensitive, go 1/4 strength to start.
For me? I wont be using anymore of GH's flora line.
I've been getting better results with GH's organic line, and brewing my own teas.
Bigger buds, more trich development, and the the smells and tastes of the organic flowers are what really changed everything for me..

Thanks!! Great info. I always try and learn from th best and is really thankful. I'm trying to grow 9 plants under 1000 watt in a 5 by 5. I'm trying to get the biggest yield. I'm growing Girl Scout cookies indica.
So I took your advice I will fee look bloom half strength 1.25 after the first 3 weeks and use it till the 6th week then do a flush. As far as topping how many times should it too it and what weeks and size. Any tips??

well done on another GREAT journal Vick! i would consider your journals a MUSt view for all growers- tight, educational, great presentation and clear with astounding pics. just a question for ya Vick, what would you consider to be the most effective system of SOGging? if you could choose one above any other? im seriously considering aeroponic SOG in 100L totes.. say approx 50 per tote. but i can't get away from the ease and simplicity of a good ole soil SOG- as ive done in the past...

hoping life is treating you and your famz kindly good Sir /|\

oh one more question for ya Vick!

i have a 3mwide tent.. 1.5m deep and 2m high... with your light mover, do you think my 600W would be adequate to cover that width?? it takes about 60sec to get from one end to the other.. purely a question on savings on the ole bill bro, but if i have to up to a single 1000W hps i'll do it, either way, would one light be enough to cover that area?

cheers dude

p.s. i currently have 2x 600HPS lights running on my light mover in that space...

Thanks bro!
Missed your super positive approach to journals!
Your comments are flattering to say the least.
Been getting so burned out with work and life, and with so many trips planned, I had to shut down shop until May when we get back from a vacation. I had to let all my strains go, as I wouldn't have had time to keep clones going. Kinda bummed about it, as since I went Organic this last grow has been my best yet. Ambrosia, Diamond OG, and Comatose Kush are all strains I wont be able to get again unless I buy more seeds. And that's just not in the cards. Going to try and source out some clones locally, grow out a mother and clone her out for a small indoor grow and prepare some for outside too. Bla Bla.. I'm rambling..

Dude with your hydro experience, you would do really well with an aeroponic SOG!
50 short tight bud sticks per tote is pretty exciting to think about.
Although a soil or CoCo SOG you would kick ass with as well, especially since you've done one before.
If I was to do one again, I would go with minerilized Coco again in 2 gallon pots. All in trays, or gutters like I had.
Top them once then flip the switch and let them go. All one strain, or all indica doms. Would be sweet to rig up a top feed system because watering 100 plus plants really takes a while with a watering wand. And they dry out so quickly in small pots. Would be awesome to have lines setup to each pot. Come in, mix your nutes in the res, and throw on the pump. Breakfast is served! Runnoff can either be chucked our re routed to the res to recycle.
Either way you do it, I'm sure it will be extremely successful.

I'm planning my next grow now. I want to do 8 huge multi headed monsters in 20 gallon pots, in that same space. Vegged for 2 months.
But I'm going to rig up a drain to waste top feeding system.:cheesygrinsmiley:

So 9.6ft wide x 4.8ft deep x 6.4ft high.
That's a few feet bigger than what I'm working with in my space.
But I think one 600 won't really be enough to take care of them all in that space and would be more inclined to use a 1000 watter.
If you have a nice wide hood, then you should be ok for coverage. And with a sog they should be pretty compact in that space making it seem a bit smaller, and not using every inch as a normal grow would.
I'm guessing you have the same mover as mine so you can adjust the pause at the ends? (3.5 intelladrive) With only a 600 and no pause you'd have some stretchy plants at the ends.
Hopefully that will save you some on the old Juice bill.
Excited to see what you'll come up brother, and be sure to drop me a line when you get a journal up and running!
:high-five:

Thanks!! Great info. I always try and learn from th best and is really thankful. I'm trying to grow 9 plants under 1000 watt in a 5 by 5. I'm trying to get the biggest yield. I'm growing Girl Scout cookies indica.
So I took your advice I will fee look bloom half strength 1.25 after the first 3 weeks and use it till the 6th week then do a flush. As far as topping how many times should it too it and what weeks and size. Any tips??

Not sure I really understood you there.
You're going to use Liquid Koolbloom after 3rd week? or Koolbloom dry?
Like I said, Liquid Koolbloom is ok to use throughout the whole flowering cycle, but if you're going to use Koolbloom dry after the 3rd week, only use it once. Discontinue using liquid Koolbloom during this time (or the plants will be getting too much P), then flush well, then continue on with using Liquid Koolbloom for the rest of the grow with your other nutrients.

I would have them topped twice by the time they are 12-16 inches high to give you roughly 6-8 heads each plant. Use LST (low stress training) to keep your branches the same heights and maintain an even canopy going into 12/12. I would recommend using tomato cages on each plant to help with maintaining canopy height. The cages make for excellent anchor points to tie to.
I have done the exact same grow with a 1000 watt HPS with 9 plants in a 5x5 and came out with just over a LB. You should be able to get roughly the same if everything runs smoothly.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry about that. Had too much to drink last night. I think I will skip the koolbloom dry and only use liquid.
What week should I start using it and stop using it at what week?? Would u recommend me only using half strength which is 1.25 or should I use 2.5 like the instruction saids. What do u prefer?
I want mines to be killer like yours hopefully. Lol.

Thanks for all your help. I will do what you say.

Sorry about that. Had too much to drink last night. I think I will skip the koolbloom dry and only use liquid.
What week should I start using it and stop using it at what week?? Would u recommend me only using half strength which is 1.25 or should I use 2.5 like the instruction saids. What do u prefer?
I want mines to be killer like yours hopefully. Lol.

Thanks for all your help. I will do what you say.

Ha!
No worries brother.
If you are using the flora line (grow, micro, bloom) then use liquid koolbloom as directed with 2.0 ml's per gallon starting at week 5 or second week after flip. Up to 2.5 mls per gallon in late stages of bloom.
I would really suggest running floralicious plus with your feeding program at 1 ml per gallon right after flip all the way through flower.
And I would also suggest feeding some extra carbs all the way through flower. Molasses at 15 ml's per gallon with every second feeding will help with needed sugars and trich development.

Here's a feeding chart from GH that would be a good start to follow.
I've used up to 5ml's per gallon of Liquid Koolbloom, and up to 3ml's of floralicious plus per gallon with minimal nute burn.
Just watch your plants, start off at either half strength and work your way up if you're worried the strain can't handle it.
Hope this helps!
:tokin:

Screen_Shot_2014-03-02_at_11_45_33_AM.png

Thanks bro!
Missed your super positive approach to journals!
Your comments are flattering to say the least.
Been getting so burned out with work and life, and with so many trips planned, I had to shut down shop until May when we get back from a vacation. I had to let all my strains go, as I wouldn't have had time to keep clones going. Kinda bummed about it, as since I went Organic this last grow has been my best yet. Ambrosia, Diamond OG, and Comatose Kush are all strains I wont be able to get again unless I buy more seeds. And that's just not in the cards. Going to try and source out some clones locally, grow out a mother and clone her out for a small indoor grow and prepare some for outside too. Bla Bla.. I'm rambling..

Dude with your hydro experience, you would do really well with an aeroponic SOG!
50 short tight bud sticks per tote is pretty exciting to think about.
Although a soil or CoCo SOG you would kick ass with as well, especially since you've done one before.
If I was to do one again, I would go with minerilized Coco again in 2 gallon pots. All in trays, or gutters like I had.
Top them once then flip the switch and let them go. All one strain, or all indica doms. Would be sweet to rig up a top feed system because watering 100 plus plants really takes a while with a watering wand. And they dry out so quickly in small pots. Would be awesome to have lines setup to each pot. Come in, mix your nutes in the res, and throw on the pump. Breakfast is served! Runnoff can either be chucked our re routed to the res to recycle.
Either way you do it, I'm sure it will be extremely successful.

I'm planning my next grow now. I want to do 8 huge multi headed monsters in 20 gallon pots, in that same space. Vegged for 2 months.
But I'm going to rig up a drain to waste top feeding system.:cheesygrinsmiley:

So 9.6ft wide x 4.8ft deep x 6.4ft high.
That's a few feet bigger than what I'm working with in my space.
But I think one 600 won't really be enough to take care of them all in that space and would be more inclined to use a 1000 watter.
If you have a nice wide hood, then you should be ok for coverage. And with a sog they should be pretty compact in that space making it seem a bit smaller, and not using every inch as a normal grow would.
I'm guessing you have the same mover as mine so you can adjust the pause at the ends? (3.5 intelladrive) With only a 600 and no pause you'd have some stretchy plants at the ends.
Hopefully that will save you some on the old Juice bill.
Excited to see what you'll come up brother, and be sure to drop me a line when you get a journal up and running!
:high-five:

thanks for the reply Vick!
i certainly hear ya regarding the vacation thing bro, i took end of december and january off and have started back at a late summer job i've been helping a hort manager mate out with the last few years... but after 14 days continuous work im starting to feel like another vacation period!! loL i hope you and the famz have a well deserved vacation ma man!

sad to hear you'll be letting your strains go! maybe leaving a couple of clone-mothers go to a friend to maintain until you get back and start pumping again? but i have a feeling, whatever strain you choose to go with in your next grow will be well grown and end up polished and dripping with sexy as F#*K trichs :)

i think i may go with the aeroponic SOG set-up.. as ive been contemplating it for sometime now.. and coco scares the big geebus outta me, if im honest loL, yeah i like the idea of an easy and self serving delivery system too *chuckles*... hmmms alot of things to consider still, thank you for your advice and insights bro, muchly appreciated /|\

oooo yeah! i'd be eager as a beaver to see those huge plants you're talking about! something i have kinda been forced into currently, my potted gurls were destined for another space but that falling through ended up in my humble little abode.. which im quite happy about though :) that has been me in the past too.. either fewer and bigger or more and smaller.

ah, i do have the exact same model.. 3.5 intellidrive.. i was wandering what would be the best with the delay at each end! great, now i know! i'll resume the pause for 60secs at each end :]] i was thinking that having no delay would allow for more light across the board and hence better spread and canopy.. but now that you mentioned having stretchier plants at the ends with no delay has convinced me to go with that.. awesome, thanks again Vick!

again, thanking you kindly for taking the time to reply Vick, i greatly appreciate it. i think i will stick with the 2 600 HPS's for the time being and upgrade to the 1000HPS with the next grow and cut down on 200W's.

take care mate, and you better bloody enjoy your vacation!! loL :peace: :ganjamon:
ttyl dude

Thank you so much. I wrote everything you told me in my note pad. I will go organic gh as soon as I'm done with this. Take care buddy. U r the man!!

So I haven't been posting here much as I don't really have much to update.
I got the itch from not being involved with anything for the past few months. So I decided to buy some beans of a strain which I will be announcing soon. 6 of the 6 have since germed, and are almost ready to go into medium.
Also waiting on a few clones from a pal.
Getting pretty excited to get back in the swing of things, and especially to set up the new room, AND to be working with some new strains!! All B.C. originals baby!
Will probably be starting a new journal in the next few weeks.

stay tuned!!
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Im looking forward to looking forward with yas vick. hahaha.

Ya see, it's that kind of forward thinking, that brings us both to a Coco top feed grow bro.
And I'm most definitely looking forward too!

wiw!

Thanks for your kind words Vick :) The style makes it easy to hit big numbers so I didn't do much lol.
Sooo looking forward to your new adventures green. Ill reserve a seat now if I may, a comfy beanbag chair will do as I dont plan on getting up once set! :)
Best of buds my friend!

You're on the list bro!

Nothing too special going down as of yet.
I'll be sending out invites once I have enough going on to make it interesting.

Come on seedlings!! hurry up!
:yummy:

I'm doing better man :high-five::Namaste:

Look at how far you've come bro…:yikes:

I always knew you were a smart dude with a green thumb but to see your still around here, pulling off flawless grows and getting even better? Wow bro, I really do admire you man. :adore:

I'm so excited to be back and reunite with you guys, I seriously felt as if a part was missing. :bitingnails::phew:

Please keep doing what you do Vick, if your an inspiration to me, I can't imagine how many people you've impacted that have stopped by your journals:Namaste::bravo::high-five:

Oh my..:bigblush:

Those were some extremely kinds words my friend.
:Namaste:

I am truly flattered to know that I have been an inspiration to you UG.
It's great to have you back!
I must admit, I'm pretty damn excited to see what you're going to do this year.
Green pastures are all I see in front of you bro.
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom