420 Magazine's Official Seedsman Comparative Grow Featuring Banana Jealousy

They are feminized seed, so we would like that they all make it to the end.

Feminized isn’t the issue for me. I spend a lot of time and effort preparing soil for grows. If a plant is sickly and weak it’s not worth it for me to flower it out. It’s a very rare strain that has every seed a strong grower.

Thanks for the response! I’ll watch a few of these grows and see what the results are.

Yes, all 5. But we are open to making adjustments in certain circumstances.
Thanks for your answer and being a 420 Magazine Sponsor but especially for your Comparative Grows. Unfortunately due to space limitations it leaves me out. CL🍀 :morenutes: :thanks:

I would like to ask @SeedsMan which different known phenos does the Banana Jealousy throw, and if they have terpene profiles for the known phenos. I'm only interested in growing phenos that are highly resistant to bud rot and leaf mold, in my outdoor greenhouse grow in the tropics. 🌦️🙏
No reply from @SeedsMan.

No reply from @SeedsMan.

I found this on @SeedsMan website. It says Mold resistance - medium, nothing that I could see about Terpenes, good luck & Happy Growing!

Description​

Banana Jealousy is a three-way hybrid cross of Banana Cream, Jealousy and Gelato 41 strains. This is a high-yielding strain that is relatively easy to grow such that even complete novices can have great success with it in all environments.
Banana Jealousy plants grow tall and can exceed 200cm. in height, especially when grown outdoors. Indoors, flowering takes between 8 - 10 weeks with high production between 450 - 600 gr/m2. Outdoors, or in a greenhouse, each plant can produce up to 750 gr. in ideal conditions. Suitable climates for outdoor cultivation include temperate, warm and hot regions. Northern hemisphere harvests will be ready in late September / early October while those in the southern hemisphere should be ready to harvest in March. While resistance to mould is fairly high these plants are very loud and indoor growers are advised to use good carbon air filters.
Plants produce plenty of resin and are therefore excellent for extract production. Growers can expect fruity scents and flavours (sweet, banana, Skunk) with THC levels of up to 28% while CBD is low at less than 1%, making this a very potent strain.

Characteristics​

SKU​

SMAN-BAJE-FEM​

Brand/breeder​

Seedsman

Parental lines​

Banana Cream X Jealousy X Gelato 41​

Variety​

Hybrid​

Color​

Purple | Light Green​

Flowering type​

Photoperiod​

Sex​

Feminized​

THC content​

Very High (25%+)​

CBD content​

Low (0-1%)​

Yield outdoor​

High (450-750gr/Plant)​

Yield indoor​

High (450-600gr/M2)​

Plant height​

Tall (>200cm)​

Photoperiod flowering time​

8 To 10 Weeks​

Northern hemisphere harvest​

September | October​

Southern hemisphere harvest​

March​

Suitable climates​

Cool | Dry | Hot | Warm​

Odor​

High​

Mold resistance​

Medium​

Bud density (1=loose & leafy, 5=ultra dense)​

4​

Good for extracts​

High​

Aroma​

Fruity | Skunky​

Germination Promise​

I found this on @SeedsMan website. It says Mold resistance - medium, nothing that I could see about Terpenes, good luck & Happy Growing!

Description​

Banana Jealousy is a three-way hybrid cross of Banana Cream, Jealousy and Gelato 41 strains. This is a high-yielding strain that is relatively easy to grow such that even complete novices can have great success with it in all environments.
Banana Jealousy plants grow tall and can exceed 200cm. in height, especially when grown outdoors. Indoors, flowering takes between 8 - 10 weeks with high production between 450 - 600 gr/m2. Outdoors, or in a greenhouse, each plant can produce up to 750 gr. in ideal conditions. Suitable climates for outdoor cultivation include temperate, warm and hot regions. Northern hemisphere harvests will be ready in late September / early October while those in the southern hemisphere should be ready to harvest in March. While resistance to mould is fairly high these plants are very loud and indoor growers are advised to use good carbon air filters.
Plants produce plenty of resin and are therefore excellent for extract production. Growers can expect fruity scents and flavours (sweet, banana, Skunk) with THC levels of up to 28% while CBD is low at less than 1%, making this a very potent strain.

Characteristics​

SKU​

SMAN-BAJE-FEM​

Brand/breeder​

Seedsman

Parental lines​

Banana Cream X Jealousy X Gelato 41​

Variety​

Hybrid​

Color​

Purple | Light Green​

Flowering type​

Photoperiod​

Sex​

Feminized​

THC content​

Very High (25%+)​

CBD content​

Low (0-1%)​

Yield outdoor​

High (450-750gr/Plant)​

Yield indoor​

High (450-600gr/M2)​

Plant height​

Tall (>200cm)​

Photoperiod flowering time​

8 To 10 Weeks​

Northern hemisphere harvest​

September | October​

Southern hemisphere harvest​

March​

Suitable climates​

Cool | Dry | Hot | Warm​

Odor​

High​

Mold resistance​

Medium​

Bud density (1=loose & leafy, 5=ultra dense)​

4​

Good for extracts​

High​

Aroma​

Fruity | Skunky​

Germination Promise​

Thanks!

Sounds potentially good, due to high resin production and skunky odor (pine terps).

To my knowledge, all hybrids no matter how stable will throw at least 2 phenotypes. It's important to know the phenos, because different phenos can have different terpene profiles. One terpene profile may imply high resistance to bud rot, while another terpene profile (from the same strain) may not. One pheno may be sativa dominant, while another could be indica dominant. I have also discovered from my experience that the term "mold resistance" is too generalized. A pheno that shows high resistance to bud rot may not have high resistance to various leaf molds. This makes sense, because the fungi/molds grow on two different plant surface environments, and they are different organisms, i.e. botrytis vs. PM and septoria leaf spot, for example.

So, my question to @SeedsMan again... what are the known phenotypes of Banana Jealousy, and can you supply terpene profiles for the phenos?

:thanks: for the tag Rob, but this requirement makes it impossible for me:

I'm not sure when I'll be able to drop my next round of seeds. :(

Sort of related but, my brain immediately turns me off the minute “requirements” come into play 😂

It’s the same as when someone tells me I can’t do something, then magically, I want to do it more than anything in the world. The minute I HAVE to do something even if I’m in the middle of doing it I’m annoyed. You may as well have offered me a poop platter. Brains can be such scumbags some times 🤣

I would like to ask @SeedsMan which different known phenos does the Banana Jealousy throw, and if they have terpene profiles for the known phenos. I'm only interested in growing phenos that are highly resistant to bud rot and leaf mold, in my outdoor greenhouse grow in the tropics. 🌦️🙏
  • Banana Jealousy // generally 2 phenos. 1 green, sweeter + very fruity with little gas + no funk, 1 purple not as strong as the green on the fruit aroma with a bit more funk, more gelato/creamy. I had no issues of bud rot or mildew when I grew last outdoor season. I live in Virginia near the coast so we get hot temps and high humidity the whole season.

How many plants do sponsors expect us to run during a comparative?

For example, if we’re sent 5 seeds, how many plants are expected to reach harvest?
Clarification for all. We would love for you all to plant all five. We usually shoot for 3-5 plants grown but also understand that sometimes space is not available. Still reach out and apply as we still will allow for growers to do one plant if their logs show they are a consistent grower and keep up on their postings.

Back
Top Bottom