Thank you for stopping by @2Water and @NickHardy

This grow has been slightly delayed, and soon to be corrected.
I harvested one plant yesterday, and two plants today.
One more to harvest tomorrow, then clean up and set up.

These will be under @ViparSpectra KS5000 bar LED rated at 500 watts.
The KS5000 uses the new Samsung LM301H LEDs chips, the H meaning horticulture (for plants) :yahoo: , I think.
I find this to be the prefect light for me in a 4x4 tent.

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

The KS5000 uses the new Samsung LM301H LEDs chips, the H meaning horticulture (for plants) :yahoo: , I think.
Not quite this:

But yeah H is best from Samsung atm value wise - there’s “Evo” H as well but more buck not much more bang. Where the value is? In the “bin” number. They’re sorta grown. Same as CPU chips. “Top bin” is the best grown.

LM301b like most LED firms use might well be better from the top bins than the lower “bin” newer lm301h - that’s even before “Let’s talk about Kelvin?”

I’m a bit of a light junkie 😂

Thank you for stopping by @2Water and @NickHardy

This grow has been slightly delayed, and soon to be corrected.
I harvested one plant yesterday, and two plants today.
One more to harvest tomorrow, then clean up and set up.

These will be under @ViparSpectra KS5000 bar LED rated at 500 watts.
I find this to be the prefect light for me in a 4x4 tent.

Tok..
I'm jealous! Viparspectra outdid themselves the their KS line. I'm stuck with my amazon specials, lol!

I have been fortuned to get this from @ViparSpectra Valerie last July, and I love it. I have a 720 watt LED, but that is more for a 5x5 than a 4x4. It also put out more heat because the ballast compartment is mounted to the frame.

For some time to come, the @ViparSpectra KS5000 is going to be my main LED. There is a lot to like about this light, and the price is very reasonable, for the product you get. You infinitely get a bang for your money with this light.

I also have two XS1500 PRO's that I use in my 2x4 tent.

Now, I have a new 3x3, I Have a light for the tent already.
Hopefully I get the tent up this afternoon.

I started doing some training on the @Canuk Seeds Blue Dream. I will be doing a qualling is another name for dividing a plant into 4 section by training.
and I will be using the current information availably on 420 Magazine.

So training class in now open. I will be using a couple different types of training for these ladies. I will explain and give references, and images to what I am doing. All of the training techniques I will be using can be found on 420 Magazine.

First up Quailliing Cannabis. First objective is to top after the fourth node, and a couple days later remove node one and two, leaving me node three and four for the training. The reason for the couple day waiting period between topping and removing the bottom two nodes is to reduce the stress the plant is enduring.

Here are some images of the training, where it has been topped and the bottom two nodes removed.

That's all for now more to come.

Be safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Thank you for stopping by and your kind words @2Water and @InTheShed

Quallining isn't that hard to do but the strain can make it easy or hard. I will be doing this same process in my other journal which is a Indica dominated strain.

On one of the plants I will use just 90 degrees LST clips and the last one, I will use a combination of both. If use correctly, the LST clips work very well manipulating the direction of growth.

The three @Canuk Seeds Blue Dreams are now in their final home in my 4x4 tent under @ViparSpectra KS5000 LED set at 25% at a height of 48 inches. They are currently being fed with week three of @Prescription Blend nutrients. Between feedings, she will receive a watering with 5ml of silica, 5ml of cal-mag, and 2.5 grams of Sweet Candy per gallon of RO water.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, about this grow or something else.

Time for some current images.

Tok..

Good morning 420 Magazine.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

No, images today, but I will get some a little later; after I remove some of the larger fan leaves.
All the ladies seem to love it under the @ViparSpectra KS5000 and look like they are ready to take off.

One of the plants that I decided to qualline is coming along very nicely.
Tomorrow they will start on week 4 of @Prescription Blend nutrient schedule. I will be only vegging for maybe 6 to 7 weeks. Depending on how big they get in the next few weeks.

Back to work.

Tok..

Thank you for stopping by and your kind words @2Water and @InTheShed

Quallining isn't that hard to do but the strain can make it easy or hard. I will be doing this same process in my other journal which is a Indica dominated strain.

On one of the plants I will use just 90 degrees LST clips and the last one, I will use a combination of both. If use correctly, the LST clips work very well manipulating the direction of growth.

The three @Canuk Seeds Blue Dreams are now in their final home in my 4x4 tent under @ViparSpectra KS5000 LED set at 25% at a height of 48 inches. They are currently being fed with week three of @Prescription Blend nutrients. Between feedings, she will receive a watering with 5ml of silica, 5ml of cal-mag, and 2.5 grams of Sweet Candy per gallon of RO water.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, about this grow or something else.

Time for some current images.

Tok..
I thought PB was a pretty complete nutrient but does recommend cal-mag when needed. Why the other stuff? CL🍀

Thank you for stopping by @CaptainLucky

Prescription Blend is a complete nutrient line, but I am not feeding her twice a week and I rarely feed just RO water.

I only feed her once a week with @Prescription Blend nutrients, and my mid week watering is a deference solution.

My mid week solution or when needing watered between feeds is 5ml silica - 0 - ppm's, 5 ml of calmag - about 250 ppm's, and 1 to 1.5 gr of Sweet Candy for one gallon of RO water. I forgot to measure the ppm's on the final solution.

Hope this helps

TR

Thanks for stopping by @The70’s

The word qual comes from a word meaning four. This training technique that divides the plant up into four main quadrants / sections. In doing so, the first and second nodes are removed. I normally top her after the 4 node first and wait a couple days for recover before removing the bottom two node.

That is the start, next you will see four branches at 90, 180, 270, 360 degrees. These branches will need to be secured to train them to grow horizontally during the veg cycle. By doing so, the plant will start growing side branches off the sides of the four main branches that will turn into cola's. Many of PotM have used this technic and others. If done correctly it is impressive in flower.

@InTheShed had ask me what type of training I was going to use and I though it would be a good time to do qauliling. I have not use this training in quite some time, so I am a little rusty. This type of training does not require a lot of knowledge to do; just a plan on how you are going to proceed.

Hope this helped.

Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @CaptainLucky

Prescription Blend is a complete nutrient line, but I am not feeding her twice a week and I rarely feed just RO water.

I only feed her once a week with @Prescription Blend nutrients, and my mid week watering is a deference solution.

My mid week solution or when needing watered between feeds is 5ml silica - 0 - ppm's, 5 ml of calmag - about 250 ppm's, and 1 to 1.5 gr of Sweet Candy for one gallon of RO water. I forgot to measure the ppm's on the final solution.

Hope this helps

TR
Not sure I’m understanding why you don’t just follow PBs suggested feeding throughout the grow? CL🍀

Not sure I’m understanding why you don’t just follow PBs suggested feeding throughout the grow? CL🍀
Thats what I did feed, feed, feed. It sucks you cannot get PB anymore. It worked great for me.

Thats what I did feed, feed, feed. It sucks you cannot get PB anymore. It worked great for me.
Hey Keith have you considered using @GeoFlora Nutrients ? Supposed to be super ez and lots of members say they are happy with them. CL🍀 Edit: btw the PB worked great for me too.

Hey Keith have you considered using @GeoFlora Nutrients ? Supposed to be super ez and lots of members say they are happy with them. CL🍀 Edit: btw the PB worked great for me too.
I will need to come up with something. I used some General Hydroponics on one of my sour diesels and it is cheap as far as price goes, it is dry and very easy to use. But like everyone I want to use what works the best. I have time to figure out what I will use. I will listen to inputs and go from there.

IMG_7367.jpeg

Lazybones quadlining - can’t remember if it was the 5th or 6th node. I do remember me and Azi picked a lower node and Shed and most importantly my wife (these are two different people, you understand!) chose the higher one so that’s where I cut.

Sometimes, the plant just plays ball and you get the natural quad there for the taking. Its really all the training we ever do.

She’s outdoors and a Red Hot Cookies from @Sweet Seeds Tommy but her sister popped the same day has been indoors. Some how I just realised we never topped. Still sweet quad spots but we let her stretch too much earlier - 2-3 weeks out and she’s 5’10” (175cm) out of the coco. No chance of filling her out. Meh. Anytime you grow a plant as tall as you is fun 😂

IMG_7368.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom