A ViparSpectra KS3000, GroBucket SIPs, & FN Fertilizer, Oh My - By Farside05

I use a soil-less mix (Pro-Mix Organic Garden) .....

I use that same ProMix Organic or Black Gold Organic as my go to soils. Amended with DrEarth Organic powders.

I have a lot of synthetics I need to use up.

The plants look really good man. Huge fans. Pain in the ass. Lol. But very beautiful. Healthy as all my get out. Nice work.

Thanks. Trying to keep up with you and your KS3000. Your scrogged lady is busting out of her corset.

I think you're already out of room!

The greedy grower conundrum. You don't want to flip too soon and end up with smaller plants and smaller harvest. Then you let them go too long and they end up busting the roof and zippers out of the tent.

I think I'm gonna flip them tonight and add a few more "peppers" to the tops.

They’re ready and begging for it! Plus they’re getting big. If you get a triple in size stretch it could be problematic. Do you have an idea of what to expect from the stretch?

Also, these plants sppear to be relatively untrained, yes? If so, maybe this is about what I can expect from my White Widow since I decided to let her go untrained (except for the topping of the main above node 4)?

Thanks. Great job!

The greedy grower conundrum. You don't want to flip too soon and end up with smaller plants and smaller harvest. Then you let them go too long and they end up busting the roof and zippers out of the tent.
Ah….goddamn if that ain’t my favorite conundrum, and one I also face with frequency. Lol!

Do you have an idea of what to expect from the stretch?

Also, these plants appear to be relatively untrained, yes? If so, maybe this is about what I can expect from my White Widow since I decided to let her go untrained (except for the topping of the main above node 4)?

I have no idea on how much they will or won't stretch. First time growing this strain.

I did some branch manipulation using 90 degree plant benders from the ZON back HERE. They're red and when applied look like you have a bunch of chilis on your cannabis plant, so I refer to them as peppers. You have to weaken the branches quite a bit to get them to fit and make that sharp of a bend, so I've coined the term "pepper-cropping™". The two tops on each plant will get peppers this evening. The branches weren't quite long enough to do the last go round.

Flip Day 2

Remember the under performing Blackberry MoonRocks that were in here? I moved them to another tent along with some seedlings. Shortly thereafter I topped them. That pissed them off and now they're going gangbusters. I see the slow start then rapid explosion most often with Northern Lights. Although it's not part of the lineage of Blackberry MoonRocks, they act the same way. I really need to flip those now too, but their tentmates aren't big enough. I can't move the MoonRocks back in here because there's not enough space. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet. Meanwhile, the Rainbow Kush plants continue to get bigger. Pepper-Cropped™ tops have turned back towards the KS3000. They've been trouble free so far.

Hey Farside, ill be following this one to. I just hung the ks 3000 and will be glad to have a comparison.
Yours are looking like the light is working great. Thanks for sharing!

Welcome. Zero complaints about the KS3000. Much more even light coverage in the tent than my home built strip that lit this tent for the 5 years prior.

Let's make some FN Fertilizer™! Everything was a bit out of synch. I have some FN Silica™ left but getting low. A & B are down to their last quart and I'm about out of FN Micros™. I decided to opt for version 3 of the A & B parts. Instead of toting all the salt bags to the kitchen, I measured everything in the lab and put the powders in ziplocs. Each bag contains:

They'll be dissolved into a gallon of distilled water.

I didn't have enough AgSil 16 to make more silica today, so I ordered more. Luckily it's the thing I had the most left of.

Back
Top Bottom