Alaskan1 Goes Sativas Tent 3

I suggest dumping the nutrients every week or letting them go 1.5 weeks at the most before changing the nutrient solution. Especially during periods of intense growth. I sometimes let the nutes go for 2 weeks during the early stages when the plants are small and not growing at an insane pace. The reason is because the plants are using different nutrients at different rates so your nutrient solution will become out of balance. The root exudates will also modify the pH. Plants using different amounts of ammonium, nitrate, phosphate, potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, etc will also change the pH. When growing a high value crop, it is best to always be on the safe side and give fresh nutrients as often as possible. I mean, after spending so much $$$ on seeds/clones, lights, fans, electricity, etc... a 55 gallon res change that costs less than $12 (crazy growth, 10ml+10ml+10ml x 55 gallons at an average of about half a cent per ml which includes average cost of shipping) is a no brainer to me. Just my 2 cents :)

hehehehe, it was you that suggested 2 weeks to me! But I have an Ebb & Flow, with 2 5Gal reservoirs, so the timing may be different there.

Also please note at the bottom of the application guide it suggests at least every two weeks, lol.

Please understand, I'm not trying to be rude. Is there some new finding that suggests we should change that to 1 week now?

Well............if he knew what he was talking about maybe.........lol

He has actually taught me quite a bit already. When to flush even if your not 100% sure can never hurt a plant. AND that you should flush them once in veg and once during flower just for the good of the plant.............never read THAT anywhere. See, get info you won't find anywhere else!

So do you flush for 24 hrs? One cycle through? Can you please explain

On another note....................sorry for not posting much as of late. This has been for a few reasons. I took on a job helping a friend who needed my help. Also, my wife has been ill the last 6 months and after two ER trips in the last two weeks we have finally found out that she has Chrons disease. So between dealing with work. 3 tents, mother plants, clones and a wife who has been sick I don't have much time left for posting. Hopefully sometime by the end of summer things will have worked themselves out a bit better.

I flush for ~24 hours once every 4 weeks or so, whether they need or not, so to speak... I do a reservoir change weekly. Especially during flower, they drink so much that the balance can get out of whack fast.

I'm thinking of adding something new as an experiment: In conjunction with flushing, I'm going to let them "dry" some by reducing floods for a day or two. Once near the beginning of flower, and once during mid-flower. I've noticed Greenhouse Seeds's growers do this "trick" with their flushes and they swear the extra oxygen can give a big flowering boost at roughly these time marks. I believe they are flushing roughly every 4 weeks, also.

A1, I'm sure sorry to hear your wife has been so unwell lately, and I'm hoping she starts feeling better. You've really had your hands full lately, and it's just gotten to be even more by the sounds of it... All the best to you both!

X

I flush for ~24 hours once every 4 weeks or so, whether they need or not, so to speak... I do a reservoir change weekly. Especially during flower, they drink so much that the balance can get out of whack fast.

I'm thinking of adding something new as an experiment: In conjunction with flushing, I'm going to let them "dry" some by reducing floods for a day or two. Once near the beginning of flower, and once during mid-flower. I've noticed Greenhouse Seeds's growers do this "trick" with their flushes and they swear the extra oxygen can give a big flowering boost at roughly these time marks. I believe they are flushing roughly every 4 weeks, also.

A1, I'm sure sorry to hear your wife has been so unwell lately, and I'm hoping she starts feeling better. You've really had your hands full lately, and it's just gotten to be even more by the sounds of it... All the best to you both!

X

Thanks X, we hope over the next few months with more medical tests we get more definate answers.

To get more oxygen into the system have you ever thought of using airstomes or H202 as a test?

Flipped the plants tonight!
Top of the highest plant is 35 inches from the ground.

IMG_064714.JPG

IMG_06469.JPG

Lots of flowers everywhere! I will def be doing UBT from now on to all the plants. It has worked out very well.

Nice.. You should be getting well baked for a while;) Some nice strain selections too pal!

Thanks X, we hope over the next few months with more medical tests we get more definate answers.

To get more oxygen into the system have you ever thought of using airstomes or H202 as a test?

Yes, and I have a product that just adds oxygen too, but I like how clean my system is staying without any additional oxygenation from pumps or stones (plants are very happy too, and i am being cautious with messing with things). Letting them air out a bit seems pretty safe to me though so i thought I'd start there and see if I can discern any flowering "boost". Basically, I'm shooting for more oxygen to the roots for a brief window without adding oxygen to the reservoir. Great thoughts/ideas though, and I'm open to going those routes down the road.

Good luck with your wife's tests my friend. :goodluck:

A1, tent looks full of healthy girls. :bravo:

Sorry to hear about your wife, at least you guys know now and can start changing things to make improvements. My family will keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers.

Yes, and I have a product that just adds oxygen too, but I like how clean my system is staying without any additional oxygenation from pumps or stones (plants are very happy too, and i am being cautious with messing with things). Letting them air out a bit seems pretty safe to me though so i thought I'd start there and see if I can discern any flowering "boost". Basically, I'm shooting for more oxygen to the roots for a brief window without adding oxygen to the reservoir. Great thoughts/ideas though, and I'm open to going those routes down the road.

Good luck with your wife's tests my friend. :goodluck:

Thanks X, The meds she is on seems to be helping. Today was a NO PAIN day :)

I am a experimenting MoFo at the moment. Looking to see what works the best in my situation. Now a new wrench is thrown into the works and I have have myself a small warehouse to grow from. Needs work though so not sure if it would be finacially feasable or not. The rent is free but the money I'd have to put into the place is what is stopping me.

Plants look great - love how even the canopy is. :thumb:

Thanks again X, I'm thinking of throwing a screen in there and see what that does for me
I have a couple of worries though about the screen, How the hell will I get in underneat that thing at day 21 and day 45 to defoliate that tent. Not easy to crawl around in there with so many buckets

A1, tent looks full of healthy girls. :bravo:

Sorry to hear about your wife, at least you guys know now and can start changing things to make improvements. My family will keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers.

Hey HMG!!! Long time no see!, Yeah the girls are looking healthy and the canopy for the most part is pretty eaven except for the front row of plants that I did the LST to.
Thanks for thinking of my wife. We appreciateit greatly!

Back
Top Bottom