Amy Gardner’s High Brix Dreams

Nice light. One minor addition I would consider is a cord of length to place the ballast outside the tent if your ever worried about heat during a few special months of the year.

Or it might not be an issue. My ballast is on frame as well, but when I get new connectors I will move it outside.

Nice work Amy, well planned and executed. Building your own stuff is always rewarding, I am always doing it myself, not always because of cost, but for the satisfaction of a job well done and done well. Hats off to you.

Im a little late but I will take a seat in the corner and watch the journey. I built my own lights as well and it took me quite a while to get done as well. Your light looks a lot nicer than mine do but hey mine get the job done. i am sure you will love yours.
Hey Yeti! :welcome: I’m glad you could join us! Yay for diy.
It’s funny actually, if I had built this 3 years ago while still fully able bodied, it would’ve been rougher looking because I’d have just screwed it all together fast. Because I couldn’t do that, I had to treat it like making myself a kit that I could assemble easily buy hand ... this really helps the good looks :battingeyelashes:
Nice light. One minor addition I would consider is a cord of length to place the ballast outside the tent if your ever worried about heat during a few special months of the year.

Or it might not be an issue. My ballast is on frame as well, but when I get new connectors I will move it outside.

Yes - I thought about that. But mainly because I am guaranteed to have earthed the frame by putting the driver on it and being a first time builder of a light (I’ve built cabins and wired audio but I’ve never built an electrical device), I decided to play it safe. I don’t think this is going to get too hot...
:popcorn:

Fantastic pictorial.
Those toes those toes...

Nice lights too
:rofl:

Stage in the house ... yep my toes are often out n about :battingeyelashes: ... Have I welcomed you already fine sir? It’s moving fast and I’m not keeping track! In any case :welcome: glad to have you along
:passitleft:
I'm going to take a seat and watch. I'm very interested in doc's kit.

Cheers Jax! Big :welcome: to you too. Thanks for joining in... quite a party we got ‘ere :theband:

Sit next to me so I can copy your notes!
Will do if you have food, I'll bring the weed.

All right all right, peanut gallery settle down back there!!! oh wait! Food and weed did you speak? Sorry, as you were... thanks

:passitleft:

Cheers @neikodog :thumb:

Say, what’s your practice with germination? Do you have the light on before the seed breaks the soil?

There are differing schools of thought on this...

:Namaste:

I learned everything I know about growing from Doc basically so yes I have the light on. I soak the seed about 24 hours then put into a 1 gallon pot with a pinch of roots! powder. I germinate under a T5 that is lowered to about 10-12 inches above the soil. I put the 1 gallon on a seed heat mat until the seed breaks ground which is usually 2-5 days after sowing it.

On it :thumb:

:popcorn:

Wrecked from getting it going. Vaped some indica ... o_O:rip: nighty night

Oh but first, I nearly forgot this!
Great start, look at you go Amy! You are using steel or aluminum? Looks like extruded aluminum but maybe Australian metal looks different :laugh:

Looking forward to your finished DIY LED panel.

Peace
Keith
Yep - shoulda said :battingeyelashes: The angle is all aluminium, the bolts are all stainless steel. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom