That subtle "pinkness" is really pretty- Great pics too, Amy!

Thanks folks! The pink should continue to come out now for the duration. The last one I grew that did this was fully pink all over the buds buy the time it finished. I am really enjoying the tokes from it too so I’m excited to have quite a bit of it coming my way :cheesygrinsmiley:

Early Miss pre-harvest photo drop :yummy:

Also coming my way very soon is a bunch of fat nugs from this Early Miss. I had it out yesterday because the DDA needed water and EM was in the way, so I got a few pics away from he tent and zoomed in to see how the trichomes are developing. Still some clear ones and a hint of amber here n there. Plants grown in this high brix kit dont tend to amber as much so I look for other things, like pistil hairs turning and receding (and the last of those down low are turning now) and the overall ripeness of the how the plant looks to me.

There is also a harvest guide based on changes to the detectable terpenes. This has developed a slight gassiness over the last week and then yesterday was decidedly sweeter. I am very happy to take it tomorrow afternoon - which will be almost 3 days after these pics.

Something I am noticing a lot is some lovely long trichome stems, in places :love: Pretty nifty little plant.

As I was putting it back I noticed it was pretty light so I gave it a small Growth Ionic drench - just 0.75L. It’s last watering was a few days ago and I didn’t want to starve it just now (I gave it a small ‘drought’ last week ;) ). The Growth drench will be bringing out the sweetness even more. One more sleep and, CHOP CHOP!

:ciao: :surf:

Hey there Amy,

Your plants are looking gorgeous, as always!

I have a question or two for you, if you don't mind!

I went back to the beginning of your journal to have a look at your plants around the 3rd-4th node stage. Mine are at that point and are stacking quite intensely, with very little internode spacing compared to yours. I guess I'm concerned that I won't be maximizing the vertical space if they are too short. I'm not sure this is even a valid worry. I know the goal with a small space is often to keep the plants as short as possible. But is there ever a scenario in which the plants start out "too short", and can't be made to fill the space later? I'm assuming that their tight stack is due to the intensity of the lights.

Relatedly, I was wondering what kind of intensity your lights were set to at that stage, and whether you took any measurements of the light intensity then? I'm using a lux meter which I know isn't great for LEDs, but it's at least a point of reference!

Hello Amy! Those are some rather portly buds in the pic with the lighter! The others are sweet as well(wouldn't want to give them a complex) and thanks for the info every time I scan your journal. I threw a bud of last year's Afghani in the grinder......so piney! Going to vape some now...join me? :passitleft: I had a question about clones. Will a clone of a clone be less potent than the mother plant? I just love the taste of this stuff in the vape. Almost medicinal, and it's gotten better over time. I hope you and yours are fine and happy. Stay safe and stay stoned.

Hello Amy! Those are some rather portly buds in the pic with the lighter! The others are sweet as well(wouldn't want to give them a complex) and thanks for the info every time I scan your journal. I threw a bud of last year's Afghani in the grinder......so piney! Going to vape some now...join me? :passitleft: I had a question about clones. Will a clone of a clone be less potent than the mother plant? I just love the taste of this stuff in the vape. Almost medicinal, and it's gotten better over time. I hope you and yours are fine and happy. Stay safe and stay stoned.

I'll answer from personal experience. I have run 11-15 generations of a clone of a clone. Others have done more. The genetics stay the same each run. I only stopped running the clones when I moved to another state.

Having done so many clone of clones, twice that i can remember I had a vegging plant that was really struggling and took a clone. I one case the mother of the clone recovered and I tossed the clone. In the other, the clone was more vibrant and became ready for flowering before the mother, so I tossed the mother.

Thanks folks! The pink should continue to come out now for the duration. The last one I grew that did this was fully pink all over the buds buy the time it finished. I am really enjoying the tokes from it too so I’m excited to have quite a bit of it coming my way :cheesygrinsmiley:

Early Miss pre-harvest photo drop :yummy:

Also coming my way very soon is a bunch of fat nugs from this Early Miss. I had it out yesterday because the DDA needed water and EM was in the way, so I got a few pics away from he tent and zoomed in to see how the trichomes are developing. Still some clear ones and a hint of amber here n there. Plants grown in this high brix kit dont tend to amber as much so I look for other things, like pistil hairs turning and receding (and the last of those down low are turning now) and the overall ripeness of the how the plant looks to me.

There is also a harvest guide based on changes to the detectable terpenes. This has developed a slight gassiness over the last week and then yesterday was decidedly sweeter. I am very happy to take it tomorrow afternoon - which will be almost 3 days after these pics.

Something I am noticing a lot is some lovely long trichome stems, in places :love: Pretty nifty little plant.

As I was putting it back I noticed it was pretty light so I gave it a small Growth Ionic drench - just 0.75L. It’s last watering was a few days ago and I didn’t want to starve it just now (I gave it a small ‘drought’ last week ;) ). The Growth drench will be bringing out the sweetness even more. One more sleep and, CHOP CHOP!

:ciao: :surf:
Holy Wow Amy! That gal is stunning! Congrats! :drool:

Hey there Amy,

Your plants are looking gorgeous, as always!

I have a question or two for you, if you don't mind!

I went back to the beginning of your journal to have a look at your plants around the 3rd-4th node stage. Mine are at that point and are stacking quite intensely, with very little internode spacing compared to yours. I guess I'm concerned that I won't be maximizing the vertical space if they are too short. I'm not sure this is even a valid worry. I know the goal with a small space is often to keep the plants as short as possible. But is there ever a scenario in which the plants start out "too short", and can't be made to fill the space later? I'm assuming that their tight stack is due to the intensity of the lights.

Relatedly, I was wondering what kind of intensity your lights were set to at that stage, and whether you took any measurements of the light intensity then? I'm using a lux meter which I know isn't great for LEDs, but it's at least a point of reference!
Hey syenite thanks! I’m in some kind of crazy trichome filled heaven at the moment. Just been exploring the micro universe on EM through the camera lens again today :D

I’ll try to answer, but bear in mind I am only new to indoor growing - this is my 3rd, maybe 4th go at it and I am using a DIY light - so I have very limited direct experience in what you’re asking me about. I have found managing light the most challenging part of growing inside. Outside it‘s there or its its not! Can’t change the sun :)

I do know, tho‘, that tight internode spacing can be genetic (plants are often bred/selected because they have good, tight, internodes) so isn’t always just about lighting, even tho that definitely makes a difference. I understand what you mean tho. I’ll try to get over and have a look-see!

I also used a lux meter early on and was aiming for 9000-12000Lux but I know Farside sprouts under around 18000Lux (I think).

I feel like there are people who may answer this better for you.

I have actually just setup a friend growing with the HLG260 rig and the advice I gave her was to set the light at the top of the tent and at about 150-180watts - set plants about 3’ below and let them grow into it. I’m basing that on wanting about 25-30watts/sq ft for veg. I expect they will grow into the light well and that we won’t have to turn her light up until flower. I hope it works!

Hopefully some of our more long-time ‘under lights’ growers will add to that :)

question about clones.
I have not yet even achieved a successful clone... so I’ll thank @Radogast for stepping in there :thanks:

I know it gets said/written here and there that vigour can diminish but you hear the opposite much more often. There are many, many folks with scenarios like the forest wizard is describing there :)
Holy Wow Amy! That gal is stunning! Congrats! :drool:
Small but punchy! Thanks Boo :)
Almost medicinal
why thanks Fredwak! I’m just in the mood and Afghani sounds perfect - i need to chill! :passitleft:

Hey syenite thanks! I’m in some kind of crazy trichome filled heaven at the moment. Just been exploring the micro universe on EM through the camera lens again today :D

I’ll try to answer, but bear in mind I am only new to indoor growing - this is my 3rd, maybe 4th go at it and I am using a DIY light - so I have very limited direct experience in what you’re asking me about. I have found managing light the most challenging part of growing inside. Outside it‘s there or its its not! Can’t change the sun :)

I do know, tho‘, that tight internode spacing can be genetic (plants are often bred/selected because they have good, tight, internodes) so isn’t always just about lighting, even tho that definitely makes a difference. I understand what you mean tho. I’ll try to get over and have a look-see!

I also used a lux meter early on and was aiming for 9000-12000Lux but I know Farside sprouts under around 18000Lux (I think).

I feel like there are people who may answer this better for you.

I have actually just setup a friend growing with the HLG260 rig and the advice I gave her was to set the light at the top of the tent and at about 150-180watts - set plants about 3’ below and let them grow into it. I’m basing that on wanting about 25-30watts/sq ft for veg. I expect they will grow into the light well and that we won’t have to turn her light up until flower. I hope it works!

Hopefully some of our more long-time ‘under lights’ growers will add to that :)

Thank you so much! Even getting those numbers helps. I measure about 20000 lux at my plants' top leaves, which now I think is a little intense for plants which are at their 3rd node. It would certainly corroborate what I'm seeing with the internode spacing.

That's really cool about your friend's rig. I have just under 2 feet vertically below the lights, about 1.75 cubic feet of growing space. My lights can go up to 90W and I had a similar figure in mind, 40W per cubic foot. Keen to hear how that project goes!

No pressure to stop by the journal - only if you have time and are interested! You've helped a lot. I guess at this point it's simply a matter of whether I turn the lights down, and by how much.

It's very true what you say, that the lights are the most challenging part of growing indoors. I just realised that this first grow is less about the outcome/yield and more about dialling the setup in!

Thank you again!

My
Ok so that’s pretty cold! :eek:

you could always do it a bit later.

I’ve seen so many growers here the last year or so put plants out too early for a summer grow and had them go into flower from the light schedule change.

I suppose there’s every chance you could do it even later.

I really don’t know until you try! Lol!

6degC seems too cold to me. Indoors I try to keep it above 18degC (65-66F).

:Namaste:
My mate is new to growing and keeps getting male plants so I am swapping some pollen for the zkittlez is was going to put outside. Maybe an experiment for next year.

I'll answer from personal experience. I have run 11-15 generations of a clone of a clone. Others have done more. The genetics stay the same each run. I only stopped running the clones when I moved to another state.

Having done so many clone of clones, twice that i can remember I had a vegging plant that was really struggling and took a clone. I one case the mother of the clone recovered and I tossed the clone. In the other, the clone was more vibrant and became ready for flowering before the mother, so I tossed the mother.
Thank you Radogast! You are truly a wizard. Let's put some in our pipes:bongrip:. Have a great day in the gardens.

Good luck with the EM harvest! :thumb:

Thank you so much! Even getting those numbers helps. I measure about 20000 lux at my plants' top leaves, which now I think is a little intense for plants which are at their 3rd node. It would certainly corroborate what I'm seeing with the internode spacing.

That's really cool about your friend's rig. I have just under 2 feet vertically below the lights, about 1.75 cubic feet of growing space. My lights can go up to 90W and I had a similar figure in mind, 40W per cubic foot. Keen to hear how that project goes!

No pressure to stop by the journal - only if you have time and are interested! You've helped a lot. I guess at this point it's simply a matter of whether I turn the lights down, and by how much.

It's very true what you say, that the lights are the most challenging part of growing indoors. I just realised that this first grow is less about the outcome/yield and more about dialling the setup in!

Thank you again!
Yesterday, I ran across the perfect photoperiod seeds for a short grow box.

Snow High seeds created an 8 week in flower 80% indica called Poison Girl that naturally stops at 2-3 feet. It's a cross of Durban Poison (so heat tolerant and powerful) with Pure Kush x Usbekistan (think hash.) Snow high seeds is known for good genetics, and this one sounds like a great plant for low places.

Poison Girl 2 is a similar seed with a pink (Pink Panther) version of Durban Poison but grows up to 4 feet tall.

Yesterday, I ran across the perfect photoperiod seeds for a short grow box.

Snow High seeds created an 8 week in flower 80% indica called Poison Girl that naturally stops at 2-3 feet. It's a cross of Durban Poison (so heat tolerant and powerful) with Pure Kush x Usbekistan (think hash.) Snow high seeds is known for good genetics, and this one sounds like a great plant for low places.

Poison Girl 2 is a similar seed with a pink (Pink Panther) version of Durban Poison but grows up to 4 feet tall.

That is juicy intel indeed! I'll keep an eye out for it :Namaste:

Thank you!!

Early Miss Harvest Day - photo drop :ganjamon:

It’s now hang-drying in a little space between shelving units, with a computer fan in the dark in the corner there, moving some air around. I have it Wago-plugged to a switchable power brick and it’s currently just pushing a gentle breeze around in the area :) I just put one of those loose buds on top of my QB rig for a quick dry tester :)

47C8E616-DEB3-4A9D-88A3-15A0DA51FB6A.jpeg

Big love from me, fellow gard’ning canna-lovers :yummy:
:love:

It was oddly fun harvesting a plant right on the breeder’s timeline, which almost never happens, and it was certainly fun being able to do it 57 days from sprout!

In the interests of full disclosure ;) I could have easily let it have up to another week longer. There was still between 15-25% clear trichome heads and on harvest day it popped out a couple of new pistils. I was happy to take it tho’ and lots of factors come in to harvest decisions. The change in smell prompted me because it’s a new thing I’m learning about so I figure I need to just start practising these things and feeling and sensing the differences over time and many harvests, and how different strains are at different times. There are so many variables and then there’s just the personal preference of the grower. And that’s something we need to learn as well... learning myself! :)

I was ready to have the space in the tent too, as the SB starts to stretch.

I had a nightmare last night that I woke up and the EM was covered in webby mold :oops: That’s obviously me processing Some residual anxiety from the truly beautiful summer crop that I had to quietly walk away from. That underlying stress was most likely a factor in my happiess to chop a green, fresh, clean and uninfected plant.

Back
Top Bottom