Another Brix In The Wall Part 2: Hawk Clones Under Max Yield!

Yes, pretty easy. I had troubles hooking it up at first but got great support from Lee. Not sure if its still valid or not but I got 50% off using promo code LA50, which came from @Light Addict They are developing controllers but they're not ready yet.

The rh sensor is very sensitive. At first I thought it was way out of wack because I have 2 of the cheap rh/temp units in there and the minder read over 20 points higher. I contacted Lee and he explained they are tested and much more accurate/sensitive than the cheap ones so I really want to believe this one. I did move the sensor away from the canopy and on the other side of the tent than the huey, still reads a little high 60-70 while the cheap ones are about 40-50.

Thanks, I know the cheap sensors are less likely to be accurate. I saw that with several of them placed in the tent compared to my controller readings. I even started to question the readings on the controller.
I have heard nothing but good things regarding plug and they are not that expensive.
When they add the controllers, that would definitely be a plus.

Thanks, I know the cheap sensors are less likely to be accurate. I saw that with several of them placed in the tent compared to my controller readings. I even started to question the readings on the controller.
I have heard nothing but good things regarding plug and they are not that expensive.
When they add the controllers, that would definitely be a plus.

Just got new ink bird rh/temp controller and it has a similar sensor. I placed it very close to the minder sensor and the minder is 10 points higher while the ink bird one is very close to the cheap ones, at about 50 so only 10 points off.

Your going to live that 5x5. Very interesting on the RH meters I’m going to do some digging
Hope alls well brother :passitleft:

Thanks Farmer! Looking forward to the 5x5! Hope All is well for you too!

Another thing about the new ink bird, it can control rh and temp BUT it only has 2 plugs, design flaw! I knew that when I bought it but it was only a few bucks more than the straight rh one.

Obviously I decided against a full blown controller. I simply don't need that, can control my environment with out it. OL helped me decide. I asked him about his controller and he said he's not using it right now. They're a little overkill for a small tent.

1 blueberry and 1 diesel, both autos are in 1st run soil, no soak, just in soil. I have curly cfls hanging a couple inches above the soil mostly for the heat. My 1st autos!

:passitleft:

Hey Captain! This unit does not control anything, just allows you to check rh/temp remotely. The rh sensor also has a temp sensor hence the 2 temp readings. I'm rarely in the green on the VPD, not sure how that is calculated but I know what rh/temp need to be....

Right . was just looking at the link you posted earlier.
Looks like a quality instrument anyway.

Heyas Ween & Gang :surf:

Congrats on the recent garden purchases! That monitor looks cool! Hydro buddy of
Mine has one like that. He got for approx $250 CAD. Totally agree with OL that a small tent is hard to use a controller in and dail anything in. Mostly would just fluctuate a lot inside and outside VPD as actions like lights on and off happen. I’m doing pretty well keeping my temps and within a 10-11f range. And 15% RH swing.

temps in day : 78-81. Night : 70-72
rH lights on : 46-57 lights off 50-59.

Not sure if you have ordered 2 Fan Kits to remedy the Tent sucking in issue but for me i just used two 4ft Bamboo Rods. I doubled them up so they were approx 5.75 to 6ft in total length. I used simple black electrical tape And it holds well. Made two of these for the 5x5 and it keeps the tent from being sucked inward. It also goes farther and actually makes the tent bigger at canopy level. I do the same with my 3x3. I don’t like my plants fans touching the walls or the other plants as much as I can control without any hassle. These rods do a great job of this for me. Some might not like the look of it but I don’t mind. They are also adjustable so it helps keep branches of plants where u want them. Helps leaf tuck. Spread a plant a certain way etc. Very handy.

Gorilla tent eh...They are nice for sure esp for the vertical extension if u have the head room to use it. My deterrence from them is the cost and the fact I can’t use the extra head room in my home.

You could get two 5x5 Unit Farm for the price of 1 gorilla tent. But can’t lie eventually I’d want a single Gorilla tent for Vegging Moms / Clones etc. The Unit farm is a great quality tent also. Will need to revisit that in a few years but all zippers/seams/reflective Material look good.

Dinners up:yahoo:

Cheers gang:passitleft:

Right . was just looking at the link you posted earlier.
Looks like a quality instrument anyway.

Cool. Yeah I like it. I really want to believe the minder sensor which would mean my rh is not as low as I thought either way I'm in a good zone.

Heyas Ween & Gang :surf:

Congrats on the recent garden purchases! That monitor looks cool! Hydro buddy of
Mine has one like that. He got for approx $250 CAD. Totally agree with OL that a small tent is hard to use a controller in and dail anything in. Mostly would just fluctuate a lot inside and outside VPD as actions like lights on and off happen. I’m doing pretty well keeping my temps and within a 10-11f range. And 15% RH swing.

temps in day : 78-81. Night : 70-72
rH lights on : 46-57 lights off 50-59.

Not sure if you have ordered 2 Fan Kits to remedy the Tent sucking in issue but for me i just used two 4ft Bamboo Rods. I doubled them up so they were approx 5.75 to 6ft in total length. I used simple black electrical tape And it holds well. Made two of these for the 5x5 and it keeps the tent from being sucked inward. It also goes farther and actually makes the tent bigger at canopy level. I do the same with my 3x3. I don’t like my plants fans touching the walls or the other plants as much as I can control without any hassle. These rods do a great job of this for me. Some might not like the look of it but I don’t mind. They are also adjustable so it helps keep branches of plants where u want them. Helps leaf tuck. Spread a plant a certain way etc. Very handy.

Gorilla tent eh...They are nice for sure esp for the vertical extension if u have the head room to use it. My deterrence from them is the cost and the fact I can’t use the extra head room in my home.

You could get two 5x5 Unit Farm for the price of 1 gorilla tent. But can’t lie eventually I’d want a single Gorilla tent for Vegging Moms / Clones etc. The Unit farm is a great quality tent also. Will need to revisit that in a few years but all zippers/seams/reflective Material look good.

Dinners up:yahoo:

Cheers gang:passitleft:

Thanks Wrenn! The minder at 50% off was about 60 US I think. I like your bamboo idea and will probably do that instead. The kits are like 25 but shipping is at least close to that 25 which is why I didn't but it for my 4x4.

I now have 3 gorilla tents, well when I get the 5x5 plus my 4x4 and 2.5x3.5 (not sure if that's exact.) I really like them. They're not perfect, in a dark room you can see light escaping but it's never been a problem. I also have a cheap 4x4 which I hated and am retiring.

Ween,...Autos... :reading420magazine:

I know...I know! I've always been curious. We shall see...

All good here puff! I hope the same is true for you!

Plants are finally starting too look ok after not looking good from the transplant from solos to 1s. I got my 3 hueys! Have a Gorilla 5x5 on the way, will plant 2 autos soon. I purchased a rh/temp Wi-Fi sensor so I can check remotely. It's called a "Minder" and is from P&L Grow systems, Home - P&L Grow Systems

I think @Gazoo would love all the data and charts you can get! See a couple examples below.

:thanks:

I'M in :rofl: :rofl: On my way over to check it out

EDIT: Bummer 99.00 plus a monthly subscription

i remember back in like yr. 1997, I bought a CD online from Time life, and it took me months before I could get a way to contact them, to cancel. Every month, they'd send another blues CD, and charge my card, but never a return address. I got quite a collection of blues CDs !! :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom