Another Brix In The Wall Part 2: Hawk Clones Under Max Yield!

Howdy Ween & Gang. Hope everyone is having a fun and safe Sat night :high-five:

Inkbird controllers are great for the price point. I agree that they lack a lot too.

Look up Titan Controls Saturn and Spartan lineups of controllers. The mid range units run around $500-600 but are able to do Temp. rH. CO2 with some added features. def a bit of an investment. But night and day settings. And calibration are nice to have.

If ur willing to spend bigger they have a Helios lineup that cost $1200-2k+ and have even more features and wifi capability.

Basically you do get what ya pay for. Like anything else.

I’m always hunting for something like $200-300 but sadly that doesn’t get ya much as far as a fully capable environment controller. Not to mention all the equipment pieces after the controller.

Gotta be a clever loop hole somewhere then buying these pricey controllers ...
:passitleft:

Thanks Wren! I don't need much, just temp and rh since I don't add CO2. Wi-Fi would be nice but I aint spending 1200+ to get it. There was this awesome unit with Wi-Fi and you can add sensors as needed but they don't sell to the US.

I do have a Wi-Fi sensor for rh and temp but it's only for monitoring not controlling and I have yet to figure out how to set it up, ugh....

Hello, we have received the 2 H1210’s you sent in to our service department for repair/replacement. We will be issuing replacement units for you on those. You mentioned you have a 3rd unit you are having trouble with as well. The manufacturing code on that unit you said is 1815. What is the exact issue with that unit? We do not typically require these units back for repair as we do not have parts available to repair them. Depending on the issue you are experiencing we may have some troubleshooting to offer.

Pretty happy about this. Maybe they'll even send me 3!?!? So I moved the rh sensor from the lip of the saucer to the lip of a pot, no more than 6" higher and rh is close to 50 last I checked.

That’s some good CS :slide:

Good on ya for putting for the effort Brotha Ween!

And just in time too. My Huey’s have been going pretty hard during lights on the last couple weeks. Hope they work out for ya this winter!
Cheers Gang:circle-of-love:

I need a huey....just dont wanna waste my cash on one that wont do it.
U showed me a nice one Ken...but other stuff has to come first ...like xmas stuff, vacation spending money....and food ha.
I use one of these. Vicks Filter-Free Cool Mist Humidifier, V4600, White - Walmart.com

It's an ionizing one. And it puts out enough to raise my rh around 10 points. It will run through the gallon of water it holds in 24 hours, so it's a daily maintenance, but the ionic ones put out significantly more than the standard ones do. I probably should pick up a second one for my flower room for the winter time. I'm sitting at 36rh since the cold rolled in.

I use one of these. Vicks Filter-Free Cool Mist Humidifier, V4600, White - Walmart.com

It's an ionizing one. And it puts out enough to raise my rh around 10 points. It will run through the gallon of water it holds in 24 hours, so it's a daily maintenance, but the ionic ones put out significantly more than the standard ones do. I probably should pick up a second one for my flower room for the winter time. I'm sitting at 36rh since the cold rolled in.

Best to run these with Distilled/RO Water to keep the white powder away (if you have hard water)
will also help the unit last much longer

Best to run these with Distilled/RO Water to keep the white powder away (if you have hard water)
will also help the unit last much longer
Using dehumidifier collected water works in them as well, without the hard water buildup.

I put moisture into the air in veg, then the air travels to my flower room where I pull it back out just to put it back into the humidifier.

Ya, u guys are right of course, but for me to buy distilled for my plants AND a huey would get , not only expensive but more work also. Unfortunately , i will be using my tap water w/a mold retardant .Just got home,...hockey practice for youngest....where's my supper???Bahhh.

I was going to suggest a home RO system

wow what happened to the price of the new Hydro RO 150 systems
Glad I picked it up when I did

But still a good investment if you use a lot, At times I need to run 6 humidifier
and can use up to 3 gal a day. 1 Year old and still holding steady at 3 to 7 ppm
so happy with it Oh mine is the RO 300 (CL purchase but had to get new filters)

Lol I have a brand new fancy RO unit in the box sitting in my garage. Brother in law hasn’t gotten any free time yet to come by with my new Res / stand for it. He got me a 75Gal glass fish tank and a nice black powder coated metal frame it sits on. Going to be sweet to not have to fetch 20gal of RO a week.

it will be so nice just putting a 5gal bucket under the res and turning the valve on to fill up. Eventually I wanna look into auto watering systems too but that will have to be next year

The Aircare ....lets call em “AC Space Saver “ unit is evaporative so i only run tap water through it.

It holds 5-6gal. Having 3 fan speeds. And humidistat settings from 25-65% in 5% increments are great.

I may even pull the filter out completely and it would hold a bit more water. The fan simply vacuums up water and moves past the fan itself pushing that humid air directly up. I have 2 of these and they work as a team currently to keep the basement 50-55% Rh. During lights on. Lights off they aren’t used as Rh spikes naturally to around 55-60 with current ambients in the house. This unit at full fan speed pulls 70w. One can do the job but my 3 tents are in diff spots in the basement and they each have their own RH and Temp issues or traits.

I checked Kijiji and CL and there is some of these units in Ontario for sale for $50,100,125. All look pretty much new.

I have 3 other Huey’s that require the RO/Distilled because they are warm air and use a element to heat and make steam. I don’t like this as it raises temps in a tent. Only holds 1 Gal and runs dry in 20hrs approx.

Years ago when I did not run RO in it. Over one grow it got clogged up and I had to take it apart and clean all the scale out. It was a shitty task to say the least.

Check out Aircare branded Huey’s at the big stores. They carry 3 models that have a big volume. The space saver 6 Gal is the best one for us tho.

Cheers all stay warm and moist out there & Happy Thanksgiving to anyone in the States :ganjamon:

I have two of the 6 gal Aircare units (CL 20 each factory rebuilt) but still use my
RO Water just to keep the paper filter clean, also need to use the ANTI Mold stuff,
64 oz bottle will last 1 complete run (two cap fulls for each 1 to 2 gallons added.
Without the ANTI Mold my filters were disgusting after last grow, found if I take
the paper filters out every so often and turn them over in the plastic housing it cleans the
part of the filter that is above the water line, once its below the water line they turn white
again, Looks like the anti mold works best when under water

Back
Top Bottom