This is why looking at trichomes is not a very good indicator for maturity for new growers starting out. Trichomes may become amber on the sugar leaves two months before harvest. It's better to look at overall bud cluster formation and its maturity before looking at any thrichomes.

The latter (thrichomes maturity) should only be a confirmation on the first assessment, looking at flower clusters over shape, form and maturity. I see mostly clear thrichomes in the pictures.
Hello Wastei,

I looked at the trichomes because Gee asked me to. I'm not sure what he has in mind as we both know that this plant is a long way from done. Perhaps he is looking at the general condition of the plant. I look forward to hearing from him.

Given that I have been growing weed for several years I would not consider myself a new grower just starting out, and I am familiar with what happens to trichomes on sugar leaves. Usually I would not have looked at the trichomes at this early stage and so when I did and I did see milky and bronze trichomes this early I was surprised.
No. Cannabis flowers for months naturally and effects of "senescence" are immobile by nature. Meaning it will not have a systemic effect like you see in your plant when all of its tissues are getting a lighter shade of green, senescence only affect certain leaves after months of flowering.

Cheers!
I am not referring to the condition that I am treating with the banana peel tea. I am referring to the pale yellow leaves that are fading.

You are very forthcoming about what I should not be doing. If it is not ordinary fade, then what do you recommend here please?

My plant's leaves are not a lighter shade of green as you suggest. The white balance of the camera is affected by the light. I will take more photos.

The frost is very beautiful, buds are shiny.

Hope the banana tea will work and can help them recover in green. 🙏

This is the colour of my plant in natural light. It is not yellow.

DSC_6693-Edit.jpg

This is what I consider normal "fade"
DSC_6695-Edit.jpg

This is the condition that I am treating with Potassium.
DSC_6698-Edit.jpg

@Wastei

Still too many clear for me. I recon a week or two. They still need to get nuggety AF.
Oh absolutely. I wasn't for one minute suggesting it was done. I expected about 3 more weeks. Thanks chom.
Give it Cal-Mag at 4-0-0 with some Iron in it.

Old Uncle Nick’s Cure All!
Thank you Nick. I think discussion in Gee's thread centered around their being too much calmag that brought us the potassium issue. The recommended treatment was to do a root soak / flush but I prefer not to, so I am treating with potassium. Cross fingers I don't burn it more.

The frost is very beautiful, buds are shiny.

Hope the banana tea will work and can help them recover in green. 🙏
Hi Val, thank you for stopping by and the encouragement :love:

While I was reading some of my news feeds, I came across this and thought about you @Carmen Ray

South African National Assembly Approves Bill Legalizing Cannabis for Personal Use

Any word yet?

TR
Hey Tok, good to see you. Thank you so much for sharing the article!
The last I saw, they were asking for feedback on the proposed measures for managing the use of cannabis in minors. They are mad Tok. They do not understand cannabis at all. They are way past their deadlines. It's a total shit show. The Bill will be challenged in court. Ugh!
Hey hey, it's Friday! :passitleft:

Highya Carmen,

I don't get why the lawmakers are so anal when it comes to cannabis legalization!! I would that all lawmakers try cannabis for a few days before they consider legislating for the general population!! There's a lot more legal stuff that's bad for us than cannabis (which is good for us)!! Same here in the States! Happy Smokin'

20231112_054052.jpg

I have been trying to ignore this, hoping it will stop but there's been a slow spread. Any suggestions? TIA
Do an internet search for Tobacco Mosaic Virus.

I had suspected old age like you, but was corrected on that.

My vegetable gardening experience did have a thought flash through my head that it was TMV.

MGM

Highya Carmen,

I don't get why the lawmakers are so anal when it comes to cannabis legalization!! I would that all lawmakers try cannabis for a few days before they consider legislating for the general population!! There's a lot more legal stuff that's bad for us than cannabis (which is good for us)!! Same here in the States! Happy Smokin'
plus more than half the population likely smokes here. In Africa, things take a loooooooooooong time and still go nowhere.

Hey Carmen,

I was only asking about trichs to rule out possibilities. If it looked like it might be finishing but all the trichs are still clear, then you would know it wasn't ready, is where I was going with that.

They don't look too bad other than the leaf problem. If they only have 3 weeks left by the calendar then I would continue with the banana tea just to see, and unless someone can properly diagnose it, I would just try to limp them through.

Don't worry about a root drench, that ship has sailed. I just suggested it because I still think it's a potassium deficiency exagerated by Calmag, but the calmag you added is well on it's way to being used up by now.

See what you can figure out on this plant, decide if its the plant, the soil, or something you have done, and prepare by observing, for your next run with this brand of soil.

Hey Tok, good to see you. Thank you so much for sharing the article!
The last I saw, they were asking for feedback on the proposed measures for managing the use of cannabis in minors. They are mad Tok. They do not understand cannabis at all. They are way past their deadlines. It's a total shit show. The Bill will be challenged in court. Ugh!
Hey hey, it's Friday! :passitleft:
I'm new on the forum but I'm seeing you and few others are from South Africa? When I was in high school I got to visit Cape Town and surf Jeffery's Bay. Loved your town!!

This is why looking at trichomes is not a very good indicator for maturity for new growers starting out. Trichomes may become amber on the sugar leaves two months before harvest. It's better to look at overall bud cluster formation and its maturity before looking at any thrichomes.

The latter (thrichomes maturity) should only be a confirmation on the first assessment, looking at flower clusters over shape, form and maturity. I see mostly clear thrichomes in the pictures.
No. Cannabis flowers for months naturally and effects of "senescence" are immobile by nature. Meaning it will not have a systemic effect like you see in your plant when all of its tissues are getting a lighter shade of green, senescence only affect certain leaves after months of flowering.

Cheers!
Can you go into more detail as to the determinative factors that signal flower ripeness?

I'm new on the forum but I'm seeing you and few others are from South Africa? When I was in high school I got to visit Cape Town and surf Jeffery's Bay. Loved your town!!
I lived in Cape Town, Melkbosstrand, Greenpoint, Bo Kaap Greenpoint but I’m English. This was between 2004 and early 2010 so I know the country a bit.

Its kif when its kif, and sif when its sif

Just maybe the weirdest country in the world and I’ve lived in Europe (two countries) Africa and Asia (two countries)

Its like none the others 🤣

Back
Top Bottom