B.I.D. 3.0 Video Grow - JDL600 - Coco - GLR - 400WMH - Tent

Re: B.I.D. 3.0 Video Grow - BPN - JDL600 - Coco - GLR - 400WMH - Multi-Strain Tent Pa

sounds interesting, keep us in the loop on the nutes and how it turns out, i am also using bpn, i have not tried coco yet its pretty new to me, but if it gives the growth of hydro then i can see it would be a good thing, the high brix method is a great advancement for the growing method, the teas work wonders, vape and doc are getting amazing results, so im following along the high brix grow,

you know these hempies well i done something slightly different, you know the top piece you poke all the holes in where the lid of the bottle is, well i left the lid off so the root mass could grow through their, but what i did was leave about an inch of room between the bit the roots grow out of and the liquid, this means about an inch of the roots are in air so to speak and below that they are in the nutrient liquid, it seemed to work well for me, i also used nearly a whole bottle as the res, a week before flower my hempie was drinking a whole res of nutrient, i ended up with just over 20g, which isnt bad in 8 weeks, if i done 10 i could have 200g every 8 weeks, i have room for around 100 but i cant have that many plants, its just to much of a big risk, i only done 1 hempie but im doing 2 this time round so ill see how they go, for the space it uses up i think its a good idea plus fast turn around, not much per plant but when you can have loads of plants it adds up, i got 4 plants in 3 gallon pots and ill add the 2 hempies when the seeds pop,

Re: B.I.D. 3.0 Video Grow - BPN - JDL600 - Coco - GLR - 400WMH - Multi-Strain Tent Pa

check this out, next round of clones or whatever i put in flower ,i have decided to go soil!!! (with a good amount of coco mixed in) heres the recipe so far, earthgro natural potting medium (high in peat),pearlite,black gold worm castings, and a big dose of bubbled up worm poo/microbe brew/dark matter humate/bio juice soil activator tea, to start it cooking , im going to the hydro store to get some of those gro bags that breathe and air prune like the airpots do,
im going to make the mix pretty airy with lots of pearlite ,and to help with water retention and wetting plenty of coco,nutrients will be the bpn farmers pride 7 part minus the root magic as i am out of that but i will replace it with the bushmaster microbe brew, it has a huge list of mykos, and will add and get other stuff as necessary
if you guys have any suggestions for my soil blend please speak up!
i have to add that im pretty darn excited about this i love organics and organic meds,i miss mixing up soil/mediums and if i dont have the hyper growth of coco.. oh well!! I will still have killer organic meds in the end, and this gets me closer to my goal of high brix growing! and i love th fact that i dont have to constantly check and monitor ph, im out of bpn ph down anyway, i have to use swimming pool (muratic acid/hydrochloric acid) which i have read will work ok ,for the rest of this cycle, but im pumped up for the next batch i know i can do good things with soil and coco,by combining the two and with the new lights (never done soil/organics with hps/mh) since i upgraded to hps and mh i have only done coco,

im also going to be spraying colloidal silver on some of the clones to make some fem seeds so i can store the strains:thumb: and move on to other strains im itching to grow like blue mystic,herijuana jack-33,bubblelicous,berry bomb,widow bomb,auto assassin, ak-48 and purple power :yahoo:

im defo done with hydro at this time,except for the cloner im going to use that for clones since it does work well as my backup secondary, to my favorite way to clone the humidity dome, all the clones in the bubbler will be going into red solos soon, and i'll be shutting it down till the next round of stubborn clones comes time to deal with

well thats my plan at the moment, i know some of you are thinking wtf bid soil? thought you love coco? well i do love coco with all my green tiny heart! but my water here is a mean hombre' ! it throws coco out of balance causing ph and nute issues, soil has much more of a buffer, and plants in and around my house that are getting this water but are in soil are doing great, but the ones in coco are showing manganese toxicity,calcium def etc, so that is part of my motivation to do soil again, that and i have 2 huge 2 cubic yard bags of earthgro soil,and very little new coco i want some big plants too that means bigger containers i cant afford to buy a block of coco right now, so i'll use what i have as an amendment im hoping this is gonna rock! :rocker: :headbanger:
oh and there will be videos ....lots of videos! after all i have to keep my adoring fans happy!! lmmfao!! :rofl: :rofl: yeah right! :rofl:
ok got 2 more vids coming later today, but gotta go run errands right now so i can come home n start mixing my medium

B.I.D.

whats the reason for switching from HPS to MH during flowering?
welcome hash hound!!
i have read that the light spectrum of mh improves the trichome production,and flavor ,i found that info somewhere here in the how to sections if memory serves ,
i plan to switch back and forth between the hps and mh i dont think it will hurt and hell maybe what i read is true and it will improve my buds!:thumb:

I have a theory that the lower temps using the MH is what is causing the cut-back of water uptake...

Looking good so far. It will be interesting to see the bud production under this light. I would say give it two more weeks to make it a total of three weeks under the MH to make a more accurate assertion of which way to go from there.

I have a theory that the lower temps using the MH is what is causing the cut-back of water uptake...

Looking good so far. It will be interesting to see the bud production under this light. I would say give it two more weeks to make it a total of three weeks under the MH to make a more accurate assertion of which way to go from there.
yeah i agree its running about 15 degrees f lower during lights on, it was hitting high 90s with the hps my choices were dial back the light to 50 or 75% or try the mh im at 110% and highest on the thermometer memory since is 86f lowest is 68f i can deal with that,and the lower water consumption is a relief cuz it was about to be a twice a day thing!
who knows it may turn out great, i was thinking i would just finish these 4 plants with mh i dont fret over weight like some do, im just supplying myself spiffy and mom, we all are lightweights mom just makes butter and uses it for arthritis and insomnia, funny to say you give your mom pot to me it is anyway, we all have our cards so its cool that way, been trying to teach mom to grow but she sez im the master and she will just eff em up !!

lol a 76 yr old mom s(she looks 50)growing cannabis how funny,hell she grows everything else shes an odd duck she likes speed metal and cannabis looks 30 yrs younger than she is, and is super spry, it was hell when i was a teen all my friends thought she was my sister and wanted me to introduce them lol

check this out, next round of clones or whatever i put in flower ,i have decided to go soil!!! (with a good amount of coco mixed in) heres the recipe so far, earthgro natural potting medium (high in peat),pearlite,black gold worm castings, and a big dose of bubbled up worm poo/microbe brew/dark matter humate/bio juice soil activator tea, to start it cooking , im going to the hydro store to get some of those gro bags that breathe and air prune like the airpots do,
im going to make the mix pretty airy with lots of pearlite ,and to help with water retention and wetting plenty of coco,nutrients will be the bpn farmers pride 7 part minus the root magic as i am out of that but i will replace it with the bushmaster microbe brew, it has a huge list of mykos, and will add and get other stuff as necessary
if you guys have any suggestions for my soil blend please speak up!
i have to add that im pretty darn excited about this i love organics and organic meds,i miss mixing up soil/mediums and if i dont have the hyper growth of coco.. oh well!! I will still have killer organic meds in the end, and this gets me closer to my goal of high brix growing! and i love th fact that i dont have to constantly check and monitor ph, im out of bpn ph down anyway, i have to use swimming pool (muratic acid/hydrochloric acid) which i have read will work ok ,for the rest of this cycle, but im pumped up for the next batch i know i can do good things with soil and coco,by combining the two and with the new lights (never done soil/organics with hps/mh) since i upgraded to hps and mh i have only done coco,

im also going to be spraying colloidal silver on some of the clones to make some fem seeds so i can store the strains:thumb: and move on to other strains im itching to grow like blue mystic,herijuana jack-33,bubblelicous,berry bomb,widow bomb,auto assassin, ak-48 and purple power :yahoo:

im defo done with hydro at this time,except for the cloner im going to use that for clones since it does work well as my backup secondary, to my favorite way to clone the humidity dome, all the clones in the bubbler will be going into red solos soon, and i'll be shutting it down till the next round of stubborn clones comes time to deal with

well thats my plan at the moment, i know some of you are thinking wtf bid soil? thought you love coco? well i do love coco with all my green tiny heart! but my water here is a mean hombre' ! it throws coco out of balance causing ph and nute issues, soil has much more of a buffer, and plants in and around my house that are getting this water but are in soil are doing great, but the ones in coco are showing manganese toxicity,calcium def etc, so that is part of my motivation to do soil again, that and i have 2 huge 2 cubic yard bags of earthgro soil,and very little new coco i want some big plants too that means bigger containers i cant afford to buy a block of coco right now, so i'll use what i have as an amendment im hoping this is gonna rock! :rocker: :headbanger:
oh and there will be videos ....lots of videos! after all i have to keep my adoring fans happy!! lmmfao!! :rofl: :rofl: yeah right! :rofl:
ok got 2 more vids coming later today, but gotta go run errands right now so i can come home n start mixing my medium

:thumb:

Your water definitely has some issues! Sounds like it's high in sulfides. I've seen that exact same thing happen with the bleach at one of the places I was stationed in the mountains of Northern Cali when I was in the Army. I've also been to a place in upstate New York where the rotten egg smell was so bad it was hard to stand it while taking a shower!

I'm not really sure how those sulfide levels will effect the microherd...It might be worth a little research.

:Namaste:

Just thought I'd chime in...We've had that damned rotten egg smell pop up several time in the three years I've lived here....We've even had the water department out to run tests...They came back inconclusive...I agree with Vape, that it has to do with the sulfide levels, but we never got any definitive answers as to exactly what it was, what was causing it or why it went away within a few weeks.
For what its worth, it never affected my plants. I do not PH my water, and water straight from the tap (after a short period of dechlorination of course) I've even watered many times without letting it sit out.

when i was living down south the hot water used to come out of the tap a white colour, if you run a bath it would be white with what ever crap they put in the water, it made me ill when i drunk some cold water so lived on bottled water for the couple of years i was their, but where i live now the water is good and the ph is 7, i just let it stand for 24 hours before using so it removes and chlorine, although i dont do this everytime and it dont make much difference to the plants,

:thumb:

Your water definitely has some issues! Sounds like it's high in sulfides. I've seen that exact same thing happen with the bleach at one of the places I was stationed in the mountains of Northern Cali when I was in the Army. I've also been to a place in upstate New York where the rotten egg smell was so bad it was hard to stand it while taking a shower!

I'm not really sure how those sulfide levels will effect the microherd...It might be worth a little research.

:Namaste:
i have been reading alot on it.and since its only the hot water that smells bad it indicates a extreme levels of manganese but i imagine the sulfides could be up there too so far brewing teas has been easy. 24 hours is plenty long enough to have good foam so i think its ok for that the plan is to have an ro system soon

when i was living down south the hot water used to come out of the tap a white colour, if you run a bath it would be white with what ever crap they put in the water, it made me ill when i drunk some cold water so lived on bottled water for the couple of years i was their, but where i live now the water is good and the ph is 7, i just let it stand for 24 hours before using so it removes and chlorine, although i dont do this everytime and it dont make much difference to the plants,
yeah we have been drinking ro and water from my moms house and also for cooking,coffee, etc for over a year now,funny thing is my mom is on city water that tastes as good as the ro stuff and only has about 30ppm the well here is prolly only 100ft deep if they had gone another 100 like my neighbor it would be super pure

Hey Big Irish Dude!! I really am liking the videos, they just seem to bring such a more real aspect of being there on your grow! Your plants are looking incredible!

I saw you were looking for suggestions to add to your soil...

for minerals you could add azomite, glacial rock powder, lava sand, greensand or other mined and powdered minereals...

also if you wanted to get that high brix energy going you could add the 6-5-3 of Calcium carbonate, soft rock phosphate, gypsum as well...

Looks like you got a already killer mix though, just figured I would suggest a few things :)

Yeah BID, go High Brix! Icemud has the rock powder tips for ya~! You're already doing everything else!

My plants drink less EVERY TIME I defoliate. Whether in veg or flower. I think less leaves = less transpiration. So they also (and I saw your comment on the video suggesting it) are temporarily stunted when defoliated too, so that could be why you might not "see" any wow factor...

my 2 cents/
:surf:

Back
Top Bottom