Brother's Winter Grow - Still Doing That - G13 - Amnesia - BB & WW

Wow CS, always brings a smile to my face when i see you around :circle-of-love:

Thanks for that welcome 4-2-0-Bro :) I'm happy to watch you do your thing, I like your style....and I'm no expert by any means, you can teach me - I can teach you. That's the fun too, there's always something new to try. Thanks for the info on Dinafem. I hear them and Mr. Nice have some good genes. Maybe I'll try a few from each. Thanks for the info!

420bro, different terp profile can occur in sativas at less than 12 hrs on..:) :thumb:

I totally agree, and we know that a change in the terps will also change the direction of the effect. My last run of Sat-leaning hybrids under 11.5 grew like hybrids, but had little indica-like effect. I can't rule out that the genetic expressed differently, as that run was all clones, which can add variation. I'll have to try it from seed again. For instance - under 11.5, blue dream smokes like a less tweaky Super Lemon Haze. Not really any body, all uplifting head effecgt for 3 hrs..then just fades away. Great for breakfast.

420bro, different terp profile can occur in sativas at less than 12 hrs on..:) :thumb:

i've heard that before my friend :)

i trust you would know better, having grown so many sativas in your gardening career :)

what light cycle would you suggest for me to hit in a tent full of genetic variety? Because unfortunately i'm not liquid enough right now to invest in a different tent just for sativas :shhh:

should i just got for the standard 12/12 and play it safe or give something like 11/13 or even 10,5 / 13,5 a chance?

i've seen you sativa guys do 11/13 all the time and you even tested it with 12/12 on previous grows, i heard you liked the 11/13 a lot better and the terps were more "sativa like" if that's even a term :laughtwo:

i'm so vexed :hmmmm:

Thanks for that welcome 4-2-0-Bro :) I'm happy to watch you do your thing, I like your style....and I'm no expert by any means, you can teach me - I can teach you. That's the fun too, there's always something new to try. Thanks for the info on Dinafem. I hear them and Mr. Nice have some good genes. Maybe I'll try a few from each. Thanks for the info!

haha, you sweet talker you :rofl:

thank you for the pep talk but honestly i know you're far superior grower than me CS, your work speaks for itself :)

i like your style too and i'd love to see you do some White Widow, i bet it would be killer under your care.

just dont forget to send me that postcard when you open the new journal :high-five:

420bro. Do you have time restraints? 100% Sativas..You can veg 12/12. Then switch to 11/13 then 10/14
I don't worry about yield. I like the variety I grow. Yes the grows in smaller pots with HB soil does stress the plant. I'm adapting :)
Many people don't try the sativas because of the crazy bloom lengths. There are sativas that bloom in 9-10 weeks.
I start from seed now under 10.5/13.5 with LEDs with both grow and bloom switches on.
As mentioned earlier I cut out sometimes 2 months of grow time. :thumb:
I leave everything in same tent. Only difference is finishing times w different varieties. I notice they sometimes try to finish together. -Competition. :)
I'm going to go try some of my Zamaldelica (+) mixed with my Purple Haze(+)

Carestaker, try SciGuy for info on WW. He spent a lot of time growing it trying to master that strain, and has grown a half dozen versions of it from different breeders, I think. He also has a great journal going. I don't hang out there as much as I would like because I'm not growing WW anymore, or growing hydro, and am super oversubscribed, but I highly reccomend the journal.

420Bro - looking great. :thumb: wow you've got a lot of company here! I'm also growing a mix of pure sativas along with other stuff, as you know. The Mama Thai has no complaints flowering and finishing under 12/12 so I haven't tried to fix what isn't broken. The Malawi and Thai Stick will be a different story maybe, or at least will give me enough sativa in my life to tip the balance to shortening the daylight hours. I'll have to find the balance between affecting yield on the indica strains and bringing out the best in the sativas, though the sativas are a little more dear to my heart, truth be told, so they'll probably get whatever it takes. I'm curious also, after reading Dr Ziggy's post, to see how shorter hours affect the Mama Thai.

Good morning and happy Monday to you! I hope you have a hazy start to your week bro:)Looking sweeet up in here my man :) they loved that early topping :) a couple more weeks and you won't be able to see the floor :) great work :) have an awesome day my friend :circle-of-love::Namaste::passitleft:

420bro. Do you have time restraints? 100% Sativas..You can veg 12/12. Then switch to 11/13 then 10/14
I don't worry about yield. I like the variety I grow. Yes the grows in smaller pots with HB soil does stress the plant. I'm adapting :)
Many people don't try the sativas because of the crazy bloom lengths. There are sativas that bloom in 9-10 weeks.
I start from seed now under 10.5/13.5 with LEDs with both grow and bloom switches on.
As mentioned earlier I cut out sometimes 2 months of grow time. :thumb:
I leave everything in same tent. Only difference is finishing times w different varieties. I notice they sometimes try to finish together. -Competition. :)
I'm going to go try some of my Zamaldelica (+) mixed with my Purple Haze(+)

wow i did not know that my man :)

it makes sense tho, just never stumbled across that info or never seeked it out since i haver grown a 100% sativa. It's just mind boggling, imagine the poor first guy who discovered this indoors, like try to flower her straight away and have her on 12/12, making himself feel better by saying it's ok pure sativas take a long time to even shoot pistils, only to find out that it's actually vegging and you have to go below 12 for her to flower :rofl:

well, i don't really have a time restrain, if by that you mean that i should chop the grow before X date. i'd really like some medicine tho cause im out for a while now and i dont shop street herb on principle. Also, all my friends who grow have left this town so im pretty much the only game left here.

maybe i could start on 12/12 and after i chop the indicas and the hybrids i cut down more light for more dark? I've heard about guys doing that tho and it's gone wrong, i don't know...

whats your opinion on that ziggs? :)

420Bro - looking great. wow you've got a lot of company here! I'm also growing a mix of pure sativas along with other stuff, as you know. The Mama Thai has no complaints flowering and finishing under 12/12 so I haven't tried to fix what isn't broken. The Malawi and Thai Stick will be a different story maybe, or at least will give me enough sativa in my life to tip the balance to shortening the daylight hours. I'll have to find the balance between affecting yield on the indica strains and bringing out the best in the sativas, though the sativas are a little more dear to my heart, truth be told, so they'll probably get whatever it takes. I'm curious also, after reading Dr Ziggy's post, to see how shorter hours affect the Mama Thai.

Haha, thank you for dropping by brother, and for the nice words of course :)

yea it's a dilemma isn't it, balancing that indica yield with improving the sativa terps. i'd like to know that too so if you make a breakthrough on the matter please do tell :)

:Namaste:

Good morning and happy Monday to you! I hope you have a hazy start to your week bro:)Looking sweeet up in here my man :) they loved that early topping :) a couple more weeks and you won't be able to see the floor :) great work :) have an awesome day my friend :circle-of-love::Namaste::passitleft:

my man OM :) always with the good word

right back at you brother, so glad we gonna harvest at the same time.

it's going to be a bonding moment, like smoking our products and reading eachothers journal

after that maybe we can braid each other's hair :rofl: :rofl:

:passitleft:

Hey Brother, room is looking fantastic! I struggled with the 12/12 or 11/13 thing too because I grow different strains together too. I got an 80% indica hybrid right next to the coffee gold and zamaldelica which are 100% sativas. I used to run the tent on 12/12 but the sativas, they would flower forever it seemed. I've switched all too 11/13 and just live with it. My LSD is the indica hybrid and she is close to being done. I don't know the yield yet but I can tell it won't be lacking. Whatever I lost by dropping that hour isn't that important compared to the benefits gained on the sativas. I think it also brings out the sativa traits in the indica hybrids, which is something I like. I think you can offset the drop in yield with enough light too.
:peacetwo:

Carestaker, try SciGuy for info on WW. He spent a lot of time growing it trying to master that strain, and has grown a half dozen versions of it from different breeders, I think. He also has a great journal going. I don't hang out there as much as I would like because I'm not growing WW anymore, or growing hydro, and am super oversubscribed, but I highly reccomend the journal.

420Bro - looking great. :thumb: wow you've got a lot of company here! I'm also growing a mix of pure sativas along with other stuff, as you know. The Mama Thai has no complaints flowering and finishing under 12/12 so I haven't tried to fix what isn't broken. The Malawi and Thai Stick will be a different story maybe, or at least will give me enough sativa in my life to tip the balance to shortening the daylight hours. I'll have to find the balance between affecting yield on the indica strains and bringing out the best in the sativas, though the sativas are a little more dear to my heart, truth be told, so they'll probably get whatever it takes. I'm curious also, after reading Dr Ziggy's post, to see how shorter hours affect the Mama Thai.

Think about that some of the longer running landrace sativas in the wild finish nov, dec. ..theres a bit less than 12 hrs light. Dec/20-21-- 1st day of winter is the shortest day..longest night
other growers using Docs kit with sativas notice the difference with a shorter light schedule for finishing their grow. :)

hey Brother! I'm always down for some good smoke, add a harvest to that idea and that sounds pretty awesome.
Hope your week has started off well!

hahaha, definitely, pencil that in. :)

thanks a lot for the good wishes, my week started off good indeed, went out for a walk and stumbled across some old friends i havent seen for years so it was cool to chat and catch up :)

i hope all is green in your world too :Namaste:

Hey Brother, room is looking fantastic! I struggled with the 12/12 or 11/13 thing too because I grow different strains together too. I got an 80% indica hybrid right next to the coffee gold and zamaldelica which are 100% sativas. I used to run the tent on 12/12 but the sativas, they would flower forever it seemed. I've switched all too 11/13 and just live with it. My LSD is the indica hybrid and she is close to being done. I don't know the yield yet but I can tell it won't be lacking. Whatever I lost by dropping that hour isn't that important compared to the benefits gained on the sativas. I think it also brings out the sativa traits in the indica hybrids, which is something I like. I think you can offset the drop in yield with enough light too.
:peacetwo:

thank you so much for the input there neik, and the kind words of course, you're too kind :)

yeah i'm kinda leaning towards that too. Like, im gonna lose a bit of weight, boo hoo. It's a sacrifice worth making for all those upsides i'm gonna gain from it :)

also i've never done something less than 12 hours of light before so this would be a good time to start experimenting with that too.

:high-five:

Think about that some of the longer running landrace sativas in the wild finish nov, dec. ..theres a bit less than 12 hrs light. Dec/20-21-- 1st day of winter is the shortest day..longest night
other growers using Docs kit with sativas notice the difference with a shorter light schedule for finishing their grow. :)

You're right ziggs, thinking it that way makes so much more sense. Like, we know it's hardwired into sativas program to end up late november or some even mid december so the more you increase your dark cycle the easier you make it for them to flower. :)

i kind of setup this grow in a hurry, like the first day i got home i made the bean order and started setting up the equipment. I also had like 200L of soil that i didnt want to go to waste and i thought waiting for Doc's kit to arrive from USA to Europe and then waiting another month for it to finish cooking was too much.

But that's definitely in my to-do list, after i add some more light in my crib, i'm definitely going high brix too :)
glad to have you in our little crew my man, you always bring it with some real info :high-five:

Hey Dr Ziggy -thanks for that info. I'm pretty excited about this. :thumb: I've never cut my hours because I'm mostly growing crosses, though that's about to change. For myself I love the pure sativas best, but I'm growing for a couple patients who like the other stuff so have been trying a balance there. I'm training the patients to like sativa though, hopefully. They like the Mama Thai just fine but it's not strong enough by their not so fussy standards. Mainly they like it strong as hell so I'm hoping the Malawi satisfies them, and then some. :lot-o-toke:
I'm well aware of the issue with the sativa lighting hours though, and am very keen to see what reducing them does for the quality. It's been in my head since I started growing the Thai about 18 months ago, as a constant minor concern -though like I said the MT has no issues flowering and finishing under 12/12 so I've left well enough alone.

I lived in Thailand for a few years and it's my favorite smoke. It used to be common in BC along with Jamaican, at least in the area I was in. It was available till the mid 80s when seemingly it got phased out by indica strains grown closer to home, and the sativas pretty much vanished. Not that I knew what a sativa or an indica was back then. I just knew 'I liked the old stuff better'. Unfortunately everyone else seemed to feel differently.
The daylight hours in Thailand vary from about 13.5 down to 11 in the north, and 12.5 down to 11.5 in the very south. It seemed to me that most of the growing cycles were based on the monsoon season though, not so much the daylight hours. Monsoon varies between mid summer to late fall, depending where you are. In central Thailand the rainy season was usually in mid- late summer and harvest would be in Jan/Feb. Take that with a grain of salt though- I was actually busier smoking it than I was paying attention to the local growers, something I regret now almost as much as I regret throwing certain piles of seeds away!

I do know for sure I had freshly harvested bud in January, but like I said, I got the feeling that they just planted whenever the rains were done, and matured and were harvested whenever. Don't hold me to that though :).

Excuse all the blather 420Brother - I'm hoping it's for the common good!

Welcome doc cannabi :) glad to have you aboard.

sorry for being a little zoned out these days guys, got some IRL stuff going on.

i'll update soon too, next update it will be transplant day, gonna go into final containers cause those little beasts already bricked in the 5L :)

18L pots here we come.

thanks for all the love :love:

Looking good Brother...

Looking good Brother...

:thanks:

I was supposed to transplant today but i didn't, damn i hate it when real life responsibilities mess up my growing :smokin:

I also let them dry out so i didn't water them to do so into the big pots but got lucky there, started raining and the RH got madly high, no way those pots are drying out anytime soon today :)

damn i wish i had a little more time right now to hang out in here and attend my grow more, i just come once daily to check on you guys and your journals, then i look into the tent to see if everything is kosher and i go.

be well my friends, soon i'm gonna be back at full power :)

Back
Top Bottom