Bruce Banner Marries A Watermelon - SIP Grow

When you top, the dominance moves down a node.

But, generally speaking the tallest branch will remain the tallest !

Cheers
If you can lower the taller one below the other ones with LST it gives the lower ones time to catch up. 😎✌️

Day 58 and day 20 of flower

I opted to raise the WG to the same canopy height as the other 2 instead of doing any LST. Canopy is sitting at 35.81 DLI

Also went in and did a small defoliation on the banner and the watermelon, left the wedding gelato alone. But I might actually do some LST on it to spread it out a bit as it’s still pretty damn bushy.

Other than that everything is looking pretty good, or at least better than before :)

I’m home with the kiddos today and got bored so I decided to trim up the WG too and do some lst on her to help with airflow and light penetration to the middle of her.

IMG_2513.jpeg

IMG_2514.jpeg

IMG_2515.jpeg

Day 59 and day 21 of flower

None of them seems to notice the defoliation at all!

Watermelon seems to be slowing on the stretch as she was growing at 2” a day for 3 days straight and today’s measurements shows she only grew an inch.

Same with the Banner, she was growing at 1.5 “ and has been at the same measurement for 2 days now.

Wedding gelato just does not seem like she is going to start stretching at all. She is stacking her bus sites nicely and seems healthy as far as I can tell.

Banner and Watermelon are starting to bet nice and frosty. Especially the Banner!

I am cruise bound in a week and I was going to make an auto feeder and I’ve decided I’m just going to risk it, fill the reservoirs until they are full, then plug the holes, then double it up, or close to.

I’m gone for 6 days so I’m thinking they might show some signs of stress from going through over watering and then being dry and hungry by the time I get back but I am hoping I get lucky…..

I drought in my SIPs and they go a full 8-10 days before I notice any leaf wilt at all. I think your suffocating the roots for a few days is just asking for trouble. If it were me I'd fill the reservoir by watering from above which probably buys you an extra day or two and then they would proceed to drink as normal.

The roots just above your normal water line are not accustomed to being submerged and to me it just seems like you're asking for problems doing it the way you described.

I drought in my SIPs and they go a full 8-10 days before I notice any leaf wilt at all. I think your suffocating the roots for a few days is just asking for trouble. If it were me I'd fill the reservoir by watering from above which probably buys you an extra day or two and then they would proceed to drink as normal.

The roots just above your normal water line are not accustomed to being submerged and to me it just seems like you're asking for problems doing it the way you described.
@Azimuth well that makes things much easier and completely makes sense thanks for the advice!

Day 60 and day 22 of flower

They are starting to focus on their buds now. No vertical growth out of any of them in over 48 hours.

I have decided, for now at least, to go a little heavier with the defoliation on the wedding gelato. She is the shortest and bushiest of the 3. So my thoughts are to focus on the main colas up top and chop any other flower sites. Going to leave some of the fan leaves around those sites so long as they get good light exposure. So I tried to remove as many of the scraggly one off flowers down below. I did leave a couple that had made their way to the canopy as I figure they still have a chance to get a decent size.

For now I am going to leave the watermelon and the banner where there are as far as defoliation goes until I get back from the cruise. Then I will see how things are progressing and will likely lose more of the shit at the bottom so they can focus on make nice fat sticky buds up top :)

I’m still seeing what looks like cal/mag deficiency but it is not bad at all just some spots here and there. I will have to make a decision soon about how I am going to proceed with future grows with this bag of promix and MegaCrop.

Is it bad that I already have the rest of the year planned out for grows HAHA.

Will be nice to have a little stock pile of different strains as all I have right now is Gorilla Cookies and I think I’ve gone immune to it…..

Day 61 and day 23 of flower

Starting to smell GREAT in the tent! Everyone is showing signs of some frostiness going on now with banner being the frostiest at the moment.

Managed to keep dli right around 1.4 for the past week. I was a bad gardener and forgot to refill the humidifier so it crept up to 1.9 at one point for a few hours over night.

Added a dose of Bushdoctor today to help with the signs of cal/mag deficiency but other than that they are looking 100% better than this time 3 weeks ago. I’ve not wavered at all on the amount of MC and have stuck with 5g/gal and that seems to be pushing them in the right direction, with just the slightest bit of tip burn, which is probably a good thing :)

Day 62 and day 24 of flower

Starting to wonder if I somehow stunted the wedding gelato with all of the issues I was having earlier in the grow. Buds are stacking nicely, I am going to have to pay close attention for possible mold with her I feel.

Not a whole lot else to report today other than they are drinking a full 2 gallons a day between the 3 of them at this point.

Wondering if there are any bloom or bud additions I should be making or just stick to the MC the whole way through, which is my game plan as of now.

I don't use MC but many of those that do, grow with just that and maybe a small amount of cal/Mag or whatever.

So, unless you're just in the mood to experiment for the hell of it, I'd just continue doing what you're doing until the plant tells you you should be doing something different.

I don't use MC but many of those that do, grow with just that and maybe a small amount of cal/Mag or whatever.

So, unless you're just in the mood to experiment for the hell of it, I'd just continue doing what you're doing until the plant tells you you should be doing something different.
Nope not looking to experiment at this time or this grow :)

Back
Top Bottom