Critical Jack & Dark Devil Auto Cross

Yea those suckers can be expensive... I think Ween made due with flashlights... think he have just enough light so they wouldn’t get stressed. Idk how well that will work but it is an option. I hope for your sake it’s not out for long if at all.
Ya.....it really depends on how long, at what stage of the photoperiod did they go out , and what stage of growth. It's a bigger deal when they are in veg. state,..of course we all know what will start to happen, they will wanna start to bloom...big issues. In 'bloom' however , for a short time , no harm done, just like a big cloud goin over, but extended periods with no light at all is , well.....maximum stress, the worst kind. Ween's idea would work , but ,..better have a buncha batteries...lmao!
Oh, and when the power comes back on...just re set the correct , present time , on timers, and continue on , like nothin happened. Don't try and change the cycle times, just leave everything as it was, no matter , the time, understand. This is a very important tip,...leave the photoperiod cycle times, the same . Cheers, havin a Stella with four of my 'caps'....supper cookin...:ganjamon:
Get some of those camp lights, either the ones with the big square batteries or ones that run on the little propane tanks. Someone suggested that when I had the issue but it was too late. Fingers crossed for you Beamer that you don't lose power for too long and your girls don't get too stressed. They're looking really great!

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. Hopefully power wont go out at all but if it does i have something to do.

Big update time.
As i said above the big girls are getting BIG. They have been ready to flower for a while now but, i have been waiting for the younger girls to mature enough to flip them. The younger plants are finally alternating nodes even though they stalled again being in those crappy pots that gave me a mixture of soil and water roots. Doc Bud had asked me earlier if they were some kind of self watering pots and after thinking about it i figured they were self watering in the sense that they hold some water in the bottom even though i drilled a bunch of holes in the bottoms and sides. I will no longer be using them.
I will call the younger girls batch 2 which all three were transplanted into 7 gallon pots tonight. They range from 10 to 12 inches tall from the soil. I don't recall ages from memory. They vary some between 40 to 55 days old or so but have all grown to similar heights. I gave them each one gallon of water with 6 ml of trans and 1/2 ml of tea. I also changed the light schedule to 11/13 tonight to start flower. Batch 1 is going to take off since they have had pistils for a few weeks now.
First picture is the oldest cdd cross of batch 2 beforehand.
This is the youngest which i call Shrek. Its funky but i am going to flower it for shits and giggles unless i run out of room later on. Its going to get tight in the 5x5. She is also a cdd cross.
All three roots look similar. A mixture of both types of roots.
This is how i fill the 7 gallons to prep them for transplant.
Liberal application of roots powder.
This young lady is the Jackie White/ Purple Mayhem cross. Looks to be the most Indica dominant. Excited to have a little variety.
Oldest Critical Dark Devil Auto cross from the top after transplant.
Shrek again. More indica dominant then her older sisters.
I had to rearrange the whole tent in the process. One of the cdds from batch 1 outside the tent. That stem is bigger then a permanent marker.
Fan leave from batch 1. They have become a little more sativa like the older they get.
Batch 2 in tent and lights lowered at accommodate.
Finally, a group shot. Looking good and full.
All the kinks have been worked out at this point. The only pests i have to deal with is house flys that get attracted in by the bright lights. To get them out i close up the tent besides a small opening and turn off the lights and they fly out to get on the florescent lights in the garage. Maybe a spider or two.

Looks like there is a good chance I will lose power later this week due to a hurricane, any recommendations?
Ya.....it really depends on how long, at what stage of the photoperiod did they go out , and what stage of growth. It's a bigger deal when they are in veg. state,..of course we all know what will start to happen, they will wanna start to bloom...big issues. In 'bloom' however , for a short time , no harm done, just like a big cloud goin over, but extended periods with no light at all is , well.....maximum stress, the worst kind. Ween's idea would work , but ,..better have a buncha batteries...lmao!
Oh, and when the power comes back on...just re set the correct , present time , on timers, and continue on , like nothin happened. Don't try and change the cycle times, just leave everything as it was, no matter , the time, understand. This is a very important tip,...leave the photoperiod cycle times, the same . Cheers, havin a Stella with four of my 'caps'....supper cookin...:ganjamon:

Brother @Duggan is 420% correct! :welldone:

As long as your flowering girls don't get more than 12, or so, hours of consecutive light, they won't stress while it's staying dark. The issue you'll have is if your power is out for several days. While this still shouldn't cause them to hermie, the buds won't be developing they way they should and that's where some backup power/lighting would help. Stay safe during the storm! :goodluck:

Hello everyone. I hope all of you are starting out your weekends well.
Its been 13 days since batch 1 has been watered. I gave them each one and a third gallons of water with 8 mls of GE and 1/2 ml of tea. I didnt get really any run off. Next watering will be plain watering and i think i will give more water to get some run off. How much water do you guys give in 7 gallon pots? Should i have some run off? When do guys think i should lollipop them? Its day 4 since flip. They are 80 days old today.

Looking good over hear Beam. As far as how much water to give, it's about 15% of the pot size. A 7 gallon should take about 1 gallon and a 10 about 1.5 gallons. As for run off I don't get any but I put 1/2 down the top and 1/2 in the saucer to be wicked up.

Thank you for replying. I will write that down so it will remembered.
:passitleft:

Brix Night Update.
What a surprise i got when i opened the tent tonight after not seeing them in four days. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
The stretch is on! Its only been 8 days since flip. I kinda feel like Duggan. Getting worried i will run out of room vertically. Unlike Duggan i still have some headroom to raise the lights up. Which i did raise them as high as they will go besides the cobs over the shorter plants. Although horizontally it has become quite tight in the 5x5. Batch 1 appears to be needing water every 7-8 days. Which will happen in 3 to 4 days. Batch 2 is at 8 days now and is nowhere near ready for watering. Temps have been 74-75 daytime and 70ish night time. Humidity has been around 68-70%.

Can these tall tops be super cropped at 8 days since flip?

Jackie White/Purple Mayhem cross

Shrek. One top has become mostly normal.
When should i lollipop them? Isn't it done towards the end of the third week?
Questions or comments are welcome.
:green_heart:

Yes, you can supercrop at 8 days, in fact, that's ideal. Break those puppies down! I see another foot or more coming. :)

Uh oh? Keep 'em down.

Yes, you can supercrop at 8 days, in fact, that's ideal. Break those puppies down! I see another foot or more coming. :)

Uh oh? Keep 'em down.
Another foot!!:eek::eek: 55 inch plants! Bright side is, lots of fruit.

Small update:
Tonight batch one was ready for water so i snapped a few pictures. Gave the three each one gallon of plain water. I finally got some trays under my pots. Only took til my third grow to buy some.:rofl: Turned the cobs all the way up. Day 12 since flip.

Batch 2
1 and 2

Bud Formation
Stretch!

Thank you sir.
:)

At what week in final pots do you all do the recharge?

Well, your gonna get a lot of different ideas with that one bud. It sort of depends on a few things . I just gave mine their ReCharge at bud set , or , right around first CD Drenches. Their are things in the ReCharge that start to work fast , and things that need to be broken down , over time by the ,micro heard . Keep in mind , what you do to the soil now , will have effects far into the next cook/round, so it won't be wasted if you do it later in bloom . The soil in the final pots is great for a few weeks of growing before the RC is needed. A good time , in general would be to apply it 2- 4 weeks after going into your finals, this will give it time to help the present grow, plus help feed the soil , well into the next round. Cheers Beamer, hope this helps ...:passitleft:

Well, your gonna get a lot of different ideas with that one bud. It sort of depends on a few things . I just gave mine their ReCharge at bud set , or , right around first CD Drenches. Their are things in the ReCharge that start to work fast , and things that need to be broken down , over time by the ,micro heard . Keep in mind , what you do to the soil now , will have effects far into the next cook/round, so it won't be wasted if you do it later in bloom . The soil in the final pots is great for a few weeks of growing before the RC is needed. A good time , in general would be to apply it 2- 4 weeks after going into your finals, this will give it time to help the present grow, plus help feed the soil , well into the next round. Cheers Beamer, hope this helps ...:passitleft:
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I am looking to stay ahead this time with the recharge.
:passitleft:

Is that 2-4 weeks after transplant to final container or after flip? Mine are coming up on 3 weeks in 15's and still in veg.
in general would be to apply it 2- 4 weeks after going into your finals, this will give it time to help the present grow, plus help feed the soil , well into the next round.

No worriez Beamer...have a great (rainy) day.
Work was canceled for me so i will stay dry at home.

Thanks Ween :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom