Curso's Semi-High Brix Take One - Featuring Blueberry Gum - La Musa & Purple Urkle

Greetings<:welcome:<
Well instead of posting whats going on with my grow's on other people's threads, I decided to make my own.
So thank you for checking it out in advance. This is far from my first grow, but is the first attempt at a more natural approach, to making much finer medicine.

What strain is it? G-13 labs "Blueberry Gum", Delicious Seeds "La Musa" and some Bag seed "Purple Urkle" (I got from the dispensary).
It is Hybrid What percentages?...80/20 ind/sat
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower (2 weeks at time of Journal)
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 50/50 ProMix hp/happy frog
If soil... What size pot? 2gl
Size of light? Cfl 9x23w
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 80ish
RH of Room/cab? real low..lol
PH of media or res? who cares its high brix
Any Pests ? nope
How often are you watering? As needed
Type and strength of ferts used? Tea's, top dressing and, foliar sprays.

Ok so anyways...I ended up buying 5 blueberry gum from an online bank and got 3 for free along with the La Musa. I am going to grow the other 3 or maybe some clones in dwc and see the difference in the 2. I have been a dwc guy for a while until I started reading here, and came across Docbud, Vapedogg223 and Icemudd's threads about this brix thing. After researching it myself, it all makes sense, so here we go...
7a823000.jpg

#1 ended up being a really strong plant along with 2 & 3
7023ff35.jpg

a943527d.jpg

2 & 3 ended up as mom's
ce767fa2.jpg

4 is a bit slower than the rest
ca841d1e.jpg

5 is just a runt
41c9c92a.jpg

La Musa is an auto that is suppose to be a 50day flower...it has been in 12/12 from seed.
9e2d4e6b.jpg

eb1f7084.jpg

Last but far from least is my Ak-47, this strain wont be mentioned much in this journal because A) its dwc and B) I've been on this strain for 7 years...its like on auto-grow for me.
2012-03-10_19-25-03_739.jpg

Any input is more than very welcome :D
Just in case you might have stimulated your appetite...I'll help ya.
e0b5eb6c.jpg

Dessert anyone (was from an event I did last winter) ;)

Re: Curso's Semi-High Brix take one: Featuring "Blueberry Gum, La Musa and, Purple Ur

Hey Curso!!! nice that you have your High Brix journal started and you will be joining the rest of us with this High Brix method!!!

I am definitely in...

FYI...for some reason the photos you posted aren't showing on my computer??

Re: Curso's Semi-High Brix take one: Featuring "Blueberry Gum, La Musa and, Purple Ur

Hey Curso!!! nice that you have your High Brix journal started and you will be joining the rest of us with this High Brix method!!!

I am definitely in...

FYI...for some reason the photos you posted aren't showing on my computer??
Yeah i kinda posted the wrong link refresh it, i think i fixed it..lmao
Thx for coming along btw :D

I do plan on sending out the happy frog soil, but like Doc said I doubt it'll pass...so once I know how these plants want to grow, I'll make a much better effort at getting the highest brix as possible out of the blueberry gum. The Ak is probably going to get a clone into the mix after this round is done as well.

There really hasn't been much to add lately, 6-5-3 will be properly mixed today and, amaze, pgr and bloomit should be getting here today too. I'm not really worried about the plants that are pictured but, I have taken 8 blueberry gum clones, 4 off plant 2 and 4 off plant 3. Those are going to sog'ed and are vegging until what is in flower is finished which is like 4-5 weeks away. I'll post some pics later.

I did however back off on the happy frog in my pro mix for the clones, and they all got 1Tbls of 6-5-3 and getting tea today. The clones I took off #3 went straight into soil. I have a bit of time so if they don't take I have a back up plan already working in the aero cloner (I can pass them to a friend if I don't need them :D). They all have new growth on the top and are all still a great color...so...it looks goodish for them. The clones from plant 2 are from the aero cloner then into soil...I know...shouldn't really do that, but...they took fast and are doing well(I didn't let the roots get all crazy, I planted them after they had a couple tap's) :D If I don't get to medicated and remember....I'll take some pic's.
The plants in flower all got a dose (not sure if it was the right mix I sent them an e-mail) of Amaze and PGR , and were all topped with the 6-5-3, and got some water. They probably don't need any more tea after reading what Doc had to say about it, but I might give them a bit, just because I just really charged the soil up. The La Musa (auto) is filling out nicely, and the 3 blueberry gum's are flowering now and streeeeeeeeeeeetching, and the purple urkle, man did it ever stretch its a sativa pheno.
Anyways I'll try my best to take some good pics today, it's the day after their first taste of "real food", and they have made some progress.:thanks:

just been reading up a little on the subject and i have a question that i hope someone can answer.

if i watered my plant with say .5-.5-.5 nutes but really packed in the molasses, wouldnt that give a high brix reading, but still be an under nurished plant?
I'm no expert, but...I would go with no, brix is more than sugar water, its more calcium than it is sugar. It's about keeping a happy soil, not feeding the plant. If you feed the soil, the soil in return feeds the plant and, the plant in return feeds the soil, everything just has to be right for this process to take place. The process creates more carbs at the end of the day.
Thx for subbing btw :D

Okie's...lmao I didn't smoke until I had the pics taken and uploaded...:D So, here they are (I really wanted to put them on my 1st post but I am unable to edit it). I just let these plants kinda go, I wanted the best 2 for mom's, these plants were a "hey lets see how they grow" kinda thing.
La Musa, she is at 50 days from seed today, I'm going to go with she has at least a week maybe 2 to go.
03581.jpg

wow that pic got kinda blew out sorry about that but here is her top.
03672.jpg

This is blueberry gum #1 (the blueberry gum's are on day 45 from seed and like day 14ish of flower don't hold me to that guesstimation)
028135.jpg

Her top.
03393.jpg

Blueberry gum #4 (was a runt)
027125.jpg

Blueberry gum #5 I thought 4 was a runt until I met Ms.#5
026136.jpg

Okay, so here's where its actually beginning, clones from plants 2 and 3. Like I said in already, 4 from 2 were in the aero cloner, the 4 from #3 are straight soil (one is looking kinda iffy). The bigger ones are the ones from the aero cloner.
03868.jpg

Hey Curso, do you defoliate at all through your grow? When and how heavily if you do?

I've been trying to emulate DocBud with the high birx as well,but man is there a lot of guess work when you can't get soil tested. I'm getting great results myself, as are you here, love your blueberry gum I have one myself that's just kicking off so I'm subbed for sure.

Thx Doc, its hard to go lightly but once a week was the plan :D These plants got the end of any type of food I'll ever give a plant in my personal grow (the ak is more for the patient's because its a constant at the moment). Now that I have mostly what I need to grow in this method, the salt based food I have can go to my wife's flowers.

Are you doing foliar calcium sprays? I just did my first one and the plants all pointed their leaves upwards was the strangest thing to see, they seem to love it.

yeah they just got their first dose yesterday. not 100% if I did my math correct on the ratio down to a quart size but I might be close, I didn't kill them...lol that's a good sign.

Hey Curso, do you defoliate at all through your grow? When and how heavily if you do?

I've been trying to emulate DocBud with the high birx as well,but man is there a lot of guess work when you can't get soil tested. I'm getting great results myself, as are you here, love your blueberry gum I have one myself that's just kicking off so I'm subbed for sure.
I try to let them go on this grow just because it's a new strain to me, I needed to just see how they acted. I popped 5 seeds and got 2 really nice mother's out of them, these plants are the left overs and freebies :D But really on the ak, it doesnt get defoliated until a couple weeks maybe 3 weeks before harvest and really thats just taking the big fan's off. I make butter with the popcorn so I honestly don't mind them. The clones are going to sog so they will be getting a good hair cut and let them rip from there.

Looking good!

Just don't feed 'em too much. Spray no more than once a week.
Stay away from high potassium food.

Don't worry if the leaves twist up a bit after a spraying. They'll straighten right up in a few hours. Spray lightly!

Your plants look great!

hey Doc, im a little confused by your statement to avoid high potassium foods. thought flowering was exactly the time to use more K...or do you just mean a a foliar, or it conflicts somehow with the brix method.
:morenutes:

hey Doc, im a little confused by your statement to avoid high potassium foods. thought flowering was exactly the time to use more K...or do you just mean a a foliar, or it conflicts somehow with the brix method.
:morenutes:
Doc's last soil test (promix hp) that is basically just peat, came back very high in K. So even starting out with that basic medium is already kinda high for brix, add some k based foods you are well past the soil standard for brix.

!!!
guys i just found this page, naturally i dont really understand it yet, but im sure a lot of you will.
It seems this data goes hand in hand with high brix and might be groundbreaking to some of us.

here is a snip.
soil cation should be
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]68% calcium [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]12% magnesium [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]5% potassium [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]2% sodium [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]3% trace nutrients [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]10% hydrogen [/SIZE][/FONT]

EarthWorks

appologies mods if this outsourcing of data bends our rules somehow, but i sincerely believe that the science is worth it till someone with more know than me can digest it.

Back
Top Bottom