Dain Bramage's Mostly Sativa Grow the Classic S.A.G.E

willma.jpg

To late to start LST training but want to practic for next grow.This one is "WILLMA"

GINGER.jpg

This one is the tallest and the most i need of training,she is "GINGER"

marryann.jpg

Hoping to get 4 cutting's from each plant,This girl is "MARRYANN"

rsz_betty.jpg

This is the only one i did not try to train very tight noad spacing we call her "BETTY"

SATIVA AFGANNI GENETIC EQUILIBRIUM; now say that 5 times!!
I shall commence observation of Operation S.A.G.E - best of luck in your endeavors!

With 11 weeks of flowering ahead of me some sort of training will be needed.Prunning or toping the plant's inside is not somthing i like to do and supper cropping is said to add 4 weeks to the veg. cycle.After reading i decided LST(LOW STRESS TRAINING)would serve me best.For these plant's i started to late but I will still try to gently coax them along.

Last night these four plants were put into flowering.I don't like doing this with out an established cutting from each,but I can not let them get to leggy and out grow there space.Over the next two weeks i hope to take 3 to 4 cutting's from each

Thanx Butcher,should have looked more into training them befor thay got as big as thay are.The next group will benifit from this grow.:yummy:

Going to keep seedling's under the t-5 lights longer this grow.I like the way that are filling in.Each one will under go LST training to keep the vertical growth in check.As thay reach a hight of 12 inches each one will be put into the budding chamber.:grinjoint:

your plants are looking very good, the older ones are nice and branchy, love it. the lil guys are looking good too and cant wait to see what it all looks like budded up, gonna have some fine meds in a few months bud.
i must say when i first bought a bag of SAGE i wasnt all to impressed but after a few days of smoking on it it had quickly become my favorite bag.

nice job dain, looking good!

hey man, beautiful plants.

go grow, go! lol.

I don't think you'd be too late for LST IMHO, you just have to be careful, and use small incremental adjustments. The rim lip on your pots makes for an ideal attachment for using pipe cleaner ties like I used. Just a thought. I've been able to train plants that were similar in size including my current grow.

Forgive me for posting photos on your journal, but I thought this example would illustrate my point, and show what can be accomplished in one week of LST.

From this...
EOW0710-09-09-8-19.JPG

To this in 7 days
EOW08101409A.JPG

Hope this helps.

Oldskoool(ain't no skool like old skoool)thax a lot man and ANYONE WHO WANT TO POST PIC'S HERE PLEASE FELL FREEthis ain't my thread it's our thred.OK have started LST training three of them GINGER,MARRYANN,AND WILLMA I am using epoxy coated tie wire very good stuff(we use it at work to tie rebar/steal together in concreat work,I use so much stuff that i get from work...lol...)I cant let thse girls get any taller than 5 ft.That is why the next ones will be flowerd at a smaler hights of 12 inch's,with LST training.Also if you want check out a thred in seed'd clones and strains i started called HOW MUCH$...SELF PRAMOTION HOW UGLY...

has anyone herd of cold air dumping.As i understand it that if you keep the night/dark time temps warmer then when you are running the lights,this wil shorten node lenght with out stressing plant's.I plane to do this by running my lights at night when i sleep and the heat is kept lower.then two hours befor the lights come on pump in cool air from attic and for the first two hours of of light keeping the temp between70-72 degrees and up to 76 after the cool air dumping is done.Doring the dark period temp should about 79-80 degrees...ok peace

thanx matt,these girls just want to grow.I am hoping that the LST training will force them to put more energy into developing branch's.

Hay OMM,thay are starting to develop their own personality's.the cold air dumping method is used in green house's to control vertical growth in plant's.So how can i use it to control the hight of my sativa's...more science...

thanx bass always like to have more then one phaze of a grow taking place to keep me focused.Thinking of transplanting my seedlings tommorow dont want to leave them in the cup's.Some aint looking grate and thay need water to often.

will be checking out the thunderdome grow matt,and thank you for looking in tunes hope you like what you will see....peace

The cold air dumping sounds like an interesting concept. We should compare progress performance. I'm working the opposite concept of allowing my plant to 'cool' down during dark hours, emulating the natural outdoor environment. I've cut out the heat register in the grow room, but so far the coldest it's been has been 65*. During the lighted cycle, temps range from 72* - 78*. So far I haven't noticed any stretching, just the buds getting larger.

Sound's like somthing to look into oldskoool.Don't have the tools to start keeping records and still i am building my exhaust/intake system.Read about the cold air dumpig method in high time's,it was being used in a huge grow op.Then i saw it on line when i was reading about growing tropical plant's in green house's,I think thay were growing point setter's.We will have to copair notes brother...this cite rock's my brother's and sister's:cheer:

Have mixed results so far with training 3 of my 4 larger S.A.G.E. plants.Two of them,Marryann and Ginger,are taking real well to it.Bushing up nicely with diffent branch's compeating to become the main stem.While the other one I am trying to train,Willma, is not looking as good.It dosen't look like it has that branching thing going on that he other two do.
My last one ,Betty,the one i am not training is chuging right along.Still keeping that tight node spacing and short branch's.Have cleaned out the bottom growth on the plants to get them ready to take cuttings from.Will be doing that this week end.Looking for two or three cutting's from each.

The seedling's have been transplanted into two gallon container's.Sooner than i planed but i had the time and space freed up.Soil mix was three parts Pro-Mix one part pearlight,and one part worm casting's.Going on advanced nutes three part system this week end.Will try to throw some pic's up tonight...peace:allgood:

Back
Top Bottom