Defoliation vs Main-Lining

The Term is FLUXING now gentleman. Lets rid our recreational choice from terms associated with Hardcore Drug use please. Check this link out-- FLUXING

I totally agree, it is so hard drug related. People will pick up on this and I can just hear the comments now, "My god Bertha, they are shooting up marijuana now".
Now one or two persons decision to change the name of this process is not a good idea.
Let's have a poll or contest to determine the name.

MHO

GR

The Term is FLUXING now gentleman. Lets rid our recreational choice from terms associated with Hardcore Drug use please. Check this link out-- FLUXING

We are talking two different techniques here. I think they are both effective but not the same. I like the fluxing idea that LA is doing now and plan on trying something like it in a future grow. But what I am doing now is not fluxing it is ML as explained by Nudbuckets. Not looking for an argument or debate, I just feel they are different in their own right and both have their advantages.

Peace out,

GR

fluxing and ML are the same thing, its just light addict is doing a slightly different method, ML/fluxing is normally when you remove all the growth thats growing sideways and grow the 4 or 8 stems to the edge of the pot then let them grow upwards to produce big buds on the part of the branch that is then allowed to grow up, so light addict is just putting his own spin on it to see what kind of results he can get.

so it is the same thing but light addict is trying a slightly different method to the true ML idea

I think the method was created by Nugbucket, search his tutorial for main-lining its a good read dudes.

What LA is doing is different than mainlining look at LA's pictures and you can see he has not stripped all the growth below the topping of the main. each time you top you must strip the lower growth to ensure all the colas will be the same size as it's only the tops/colas you want all of the lower growth is eliminated to increase the size and uniformity of the colas. If you haven't read the tutorial by Nugbucket then you don't know what you are talking about. I am still interested in LAs' grow to see how it turns out but I would like to see how Grns finish's up. I think you will see a difference in the two.

Harley, your not wrong. I started with a ML, but to be honest it was a little too simple for my tinkering brain. I know the original style is very effective and produces real results. I wanted to mix my style of LST/HST with the natural Flux my abnormal young girl gave me.
To be clear also, The name change is not to promote myself in anyway. It is simply a move towards distancing ourselves from terms associated with hard drugs! This move can only aid in our fight to promote our herb and its legalisation.
In the least the new techniques and discussions that have been raised can only be a positive!

Harley, your not wrong. I started with a ML, but to be honest it was a little too simple for my tinkering brain. I know the original style is very effective and produces real results. I wanted to mix my style of LST/HST with the natural Flux my abnormal young girl gave me.
To be clear also, The name change is not to promote myself in anyway. It is simply a move towards distancing ourselves from terms associated with hard drugs! This move can only aid in our fight to promote our herb and its legalisation.
In the least the new techniques and discussions that have been raised can only be a positive!

I believe there is room for both techniques as it seems they both have their place.

Peace out,

GR

We are talking two different techniques here. I think they are both effective but not the same. I like the fluxing idea that LA is doing now and plan on trying something like it in a future grow. But what I am doing now is not fluxing it is ML as explained by Nudbuckets. Not looking for an argument or debate, I just feel they are different in their own right and both have their advantages.

Peace out,

GR

I did not mean to Offend. I was not talking about Any specific Grower, or technique or being as harsh as I came accross. I am only a little fimiliar with Nugb's technique or Light's to be honest. I was not comparing either for being better or worse in any way.
I was only commenting on the terminology. I apoligize if it came accross another way as it was not my intention. :sorry:

My original post came off Bossy instead of asking. Sorry again sir. Hope I didnt mess up your first impressions here.

It's all good I was just trying to point out that there are two different methods of growing being discussed and both deserve to be journaled that's the only way to know how well each will work. It's all about the information we gain from each other and this environment is one of cooperation and understanding! We are free to speak our minds and in that vein I will say keep it going I am here to help in any way I can and learn something in the process. Peace to all:peace::circle-of-love:

im thinking LA's method will be pretty similar to a scrog when its finished, but would look a bit neater as everything is growing in a strait line, its going to be interested to see how this compares to a scrog, it certainly looks great so far

I did not mean to Offend. I was not talking about Any specific Grower, or technique or being as harsh as I came accross. I am only a little fimiliar with Nugb's technique or Light's to be honest. I was not comparing either for being better or worse in any way.
I was only commenting on the terminology. I apoligize if it came accross another way as it was not my intention. :sorry:

My original post came off Bossy instead of asking. Sorry again sir. Hope I didnt mess up your first impressions here.

No problem here, this is a location for debate, comments and suggestion on how we can improve our grows.

GR

Sorry guys did not mean to kill the thread!!!!!

GR

Wow never killed a thread before, kinda cool!
Die bitch Die! LOL

GR

Back
Top Bottom