Defoliation vs Main-Lining

Grnshawty

Strain-----Unknown
Method-----Soil
Location---Indoor/growbox
Medium----Mircale grow organic choice soil
Lights---(4) CFLs...23w 6500k...23w 6500k...23w 2700k...23w 2700k (veg.)
Days since sprout --- 23 days
Veg---7pm-1pm lights on
Temp lights on----88*
Temp lights off---80*
RH--- 40%
PH----6.3-6.8
Pest------None
Type Nutes---General Hydroponics flora series

This is just a test to see which method will produce the most yield.

Defoliation in this thread is: The removal of leaf to be rid of shading of any other buds, nodes, or growth in crowded situations.

Main-Lining is just a concept about building a plant off a single node.Main-lining is a form of plant training to help cannabis plants grow evenly, with only fat colas and no tiny "popcorn" buds that many growers just throw away.

image3922.jpg
image3985.jpg

I guess the only way to see which yields the most is to have the same number of tops for Main-Lining it's either 4 or 8 tops min... Unable to do 6 tops unless I cut a branch off which will give me 3 branches and 6 tops...so I guess if my space allows me I'll do 8 tops for both Defoliation and Main-Lining but if not I will do 4 tops.

Defoliation

image4282.jpg
image4283.jpg
image4284.jpg

Main-Lining

image4285.jpg
image4287.jpg
image4286.jpg

subd, its a nice method to use. should produce huge buds at the end of branch, its just a good way of making sure the plant is giving an even supply of nutrients and all side shoots are removed to make the plant focus its energy on the 4 or 8 main buds. its pretty much the same idea as lollypopping but with this you just create 1 huge bud instead of 4 or 8, so a sog would be lollypopped but this method allows for bigger plants and much bigger yields as you give it time to veg, so subd and along for the ride as this should produce very well.

im interested to see how it compares to defol method,

Back
Top Bottom