Derbybud Does CBD Strains In Coco & More

idk derb. get out of the small bags and try a 10 gall for the autos . fifteen bucks plus 30 pounds of coir.Be interesting to see how they buck.Thats running 4 beans
I think I'll stick to what I know. Frankly I think a 10 gallon pot would hinder an auto. They flip on their own between 21-35 days and in that time you need to have those roots good and established. I don't think I can get the roots where they need to bein that time in a pot that size. I'm wanting to put as little time and effort in this grow as I can or the wife will have something to say about it. Going to try to put the auto watering system on them from veg till the end. Fill the rez once a week and harvest when ready.

Congrats on the harvest Derby! Grew grow this time around brother! Amazing how thick your stem in coco is, even in smaller pots. I gotta go up to 15 gallon pots to get stems like that.

I think I'll stick to what I know. Frankly I think a 10 gallon pot would hinder an auto. They flip on their own between 21-35 days and in that time you need to have those roots good and established. I don't think I can get the roots where they need to bein that time in a pot that size. I'm wanting to put as little time and effort in this grow as I can or the wife will have something to say about it. Going to try to put the auto watering system on them from veg till the end. Fill the rez once a week and harvest when ready.
I can agree with autos

Can't say I've seen a huge, if any, difference in my 3gal or 5gal soil grows with autos

I'm in coco and feed anywhere from 3-5 time's a day. Where would I gain anything?
Exactly

Well maybe more work and watering, but probably no harvest gains....lol

Great haul Derb!

Beautiful plant and I can’t wait to grow it one day:)

Congraaaaats!! :high-five::high-five::high-five:
Newty come to my new journal G ✊

Thanks Van got some good oil and budder out of her so far. That is the biggest trunk so far and in a 3 gal pot.

All these girls are running around saying, "I need a plant with a 25 gallon pot, or 20 gallon minimum"! They argue about size and all that. Then I tell them that I have 3 gallon pots and they giggle at me. I tell them it's not about the size but rather how you use it. They roll their eyes and start to walk away. Then I whip out my pictures of my plants and their jaws hit the floor and all of a sudden they are interested and want to chill out. I tell them nah, give them the finger and go find some others who believe that the size of the boat isn't everything and it's really about the motion of the ocean.

Like what I did there?

3 gallon is all you need in coco and if you are going to veg for longer you could do a 5 gallon. Maybe if you were doing a one plant grow you could go 7 but that also would be a longer veg time naturally and longer times for roots to fill out. Moral of the story is fill the pots with roots and then water more often. That is 100% correct Derby. Coco is hydro and for that reason you don't need the huge pots like a soil grower needs to get plants that size. With your auto-watering your grow life should be pretty easy honestly.

I'm pretty sure it was you who once told me that you can't keep from doing crazy things and tinkering and they always led to mess ups. Now look at you. Coasting nicely and not having to hardly do much more than a res change and a little defoliation which really doesn't take long once you've done it a few times and you have. Oh yeah, and growing excellent plants.

Nah, not stoner category. But "I can't because testing" usually means none and never! Not "rarely" :).

Only auto I had that filled the pot with roots was Blue 2 in the 10 gallon plastic pot. 4 ounces dried. My 7 gallon felt pots never get roots coming through the sides.
I think it's just I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and if I get tested I already have a job lined up and waiting on me.

I agree, you can grow a tree in three gallon with coco. You would have to veg forever to get 10g pot bound. After all you want to be pretty root bound going in flower with coco cause that allows you to treat like hydro. I think I will stick with my three gallon pots lol.✌️

All these girls are running around saying, "I need a plant with a 25 gallon pot, or 20 gallon minimum"! They argue about size and all that. Then I tell them that I have 3 gallon pots and they giggle at me. I tell them it's not about the size but rather how you use it. They roll their eyes and start to walk away. Then I whip out my pictures of my plants and their jaws hit the floor and all of a sudden they are interested and want to chill out. I tell them nah, give them the finger and go find some others who believe that the size of the boat isn't everything and it's really about the motion of the ocean.

Like what I did there?

3 gallon is all you need in coco and if you are going to veg for longer you could do a 5 gallon. Maybe if you were doing a one plant grow you could go 7 but that also would be a longer veg time naturally and longer times for roots to fill out. Moral of the story is fill the pots with roots and then water more often. That is 100% correct Derby. Coco is hydro and for that reason you don't need the huge pots like a soil grower needs to get plants that size. With your auto-watering your grow life should be pretty easy honestly.

I'm pretty sure it was you who once told me that you can't keep from doing crazy things and tinkering and they always led to mess ups. Now look at you. Coasting nicely and not having to hardly do much more than a res change and a little defoliation which really doesn't take long once you've done it a few times and you have. Oh yeah, and growing excellent plants.
Thanks Ase and yeah I did see what you did there. Lol My tinkering might have led me to a few set backs but I never gave up on them and tweaked things to where you're right made my life allot easier. I always had a problem with thinking inside the box so why with growing cannabis should it be any different.

I agree, you can grow a tree in three gallon with coco. You would have to veg forever to get 10g pot bound. After all you want to be pretty root bound going in flower with coco cause that allows you to treat like hydro. I think I will stick with my three gallon pots lol.✌️
This girl I took down on Saturday got root bound on me. Wouldn't take water at all and felt like a rock was in the pot. Well here we go outside the box again but what I did was took a 10" long 1/8 drill bit and would drill about 6-8 holes thru the roots to core out some of them and after doing that every week for 3 weeks I didn't have a problem with her drinking anymore and saw no difference in the growth from it to the other next to it. People pay good money to have someone come out and core the roots on their trees outside so what did I have to loose.

Back
Top Bottom