Doc Bud Tries The G8 450 LED From Dorm Grow!

no your right not all of them do, I have 4 600w Area 51 panels that were advertised as 600w panels, I find its mostly the companies that advertise on ebay, amazon and allibaba that do this and especialloy resellers.

I think it's ok as long as you do your research on the actual draw of these lights before you buy....but i agree with all the comments above. I am looking at 4 x 400w Mars II LEDs for my 5x5 tent....some people may think it's massive overkill to have 1600w in a 5x5, but when you consider the actual draw is under 800w it makes more sense! :)

I think it's ok as long as you do your research on the actual draw of these lights before you buy....but i agree with all the comments above. I am looking at 4 x 400w Mars II LEDs for my 5x5 tent....some people may think it's massive overkill to have 1600w in a 5x5, but when you consider the actual draw is under 800w it makes more sense! :)
That is smart, I don't want to deal with multiple lights so I'm just gonna go big:)

Im loving the thread DOC!
im using LED for the first time, High brix as well, so i will def be watching how they flower since you are a couple weeks ahead of me.

Best of luck to you with this bad little beauty!

Hey Doc, wow wow wow!! Doc and LED's... woot.. gonna be scary stuff.. I haven't invaded one of your journals in a couple years.. haven;t been on here.. So this new LED must not have switches for veg/flower i take it.. i'd think there would be no reason for added red cept you stated the mfg'er suggests it. My lil advanced 200's have a couple switches, veg and then flower, but after 1st week of veg the extra red is good for roots and stem growth even in veg.. i'm interested in your HB too.. took me hours to read that thread from last year.. great stuff... and the Tahoe OG is awesome, being close to to tahoe, 30 minutes away, i have original master thai tahoe blue og and gold seeds.. some babies under t5's waiting their turn.. maybe in your HB stuff.. GL with the LED.. i love em.. have 1200 watts over 24-25cf area.. 220v, draw like 5.5 amps.. awesome!!

Subbed. Second post in over a year, I think I'm on a roll. I have been interested in your kits for a while doc, but can't pm yet. Maybe in a few more years I'll get to 50 posts.

Time to bloom them this week for sure. The LED is doing a perfect job. We have healthy plants here!

0011653.JPG

Hi Doc Bud! Great job on your grow with the G8-450 LED Grow Light. :Namaste:

For questions about G8LED Technology email us at info@dormgrow.com or on this forum

thanks for pointing me over here Doc. Im subed.

I have a question i hope DormGrow will chime in on since you may be wondering the same thing.

I clicked on the link to the 450 and it says it compares to the grow power of an 800W hps.
I have seen references like this on other LED sites.

Anyone ever seen a 800W? I'm confused on why some of these LED companies use a wattage no one uses for comparison.

and the 450 LED only uses 240W? and the 240 LED uses 140W?
The 90w uses 90w, now that is a light that is named right.

Why cant they make things easy for us?

Hi Hash Hound - great question!

The G8LED G8-450 LED Grow Light has the growing power equivalent to 800Watts of HID (2x 400W HID setups).
We include this bit of information in addition to the power draw and coverage area because it is just one more metric to help the customer get a feel for what the light can do. The G8-450 provides coverage for 12+ square feet of grow area.

:420:

info@dormgrow.com
Hydroponic LED Grow Light | LED Growlights | Dorm Grow

I know I just smoked some very good DarkStar, but none of that is making sense to me even if I was straight.

isn't more light in a smaller space more concentrated instead of cut in half?

Here is the first post post of the bloom cycle.

I ended up vegging two more weeks, against my better judgement, but not knowing the light I decided to veg longer. Two of the plants are too large, IMO. I chose the smallest, which has very nice OG structure. It was quite root bound, with circling, etc.

I added organic steamed bonemeal, 1-10-0, and a quarter cup of Rootzone to a 3 gallon pot. Normally I'd use a 7, but I know the plant will outgrow the light, so I"m going to restrict the size just a bit. The bonemeal will help with that. I think we'll be OK in the 3.

Anyways, the plant was pruned, scored, dusted, potted and watered in with Transplant water, sprayed with STress, AND sulfur burned all in the same day! Actually, that's not as nearly as stressful as it sounds. The leaves like the humidity and the sulfur.

Also of note is that I sprayed with Stress a good hour before the sulfur vape. I did it lights on, while I was pruning.

Regarding the light. I really like the G8 450! Obviously, it grows nice plants.

It's compact, super easy to hang and my favorite thing is that it works on 220 as well as 110 AC. I run my garden on 220, as do most growers with commercial space, so I really appreciated being able to plug this right into an extra spot on the bus.

HOwever, this is a DORMgrow light. While it is serving me well in my garden, it is actually designed for a different market: the "dorm" grower. This simply means people who use grow tents or small spaces to grow a small number of plants for a small number of people.

These folks can be every bit as gifted and serious as any pro, and many can achieve some very high quality product with elelctrical lights of one sort or another. The LED serves this market perfectly. It has high par value lighting, puts out little heat compared to HID, and uses less power. It's perfect for a tent grow.

So, keeping in mind what I said above and my personal understanding of who might want this light and the way they might use it, I have a suggestion to the manufacturer:

Please have an outlet so these lights can be wired in series, one to the other, like many T5's do.

The G8 likes 220.....but the UFO light did not indicate that it could run on 220....so I opted not to take any chances and I ran it on 110. It would have been nice to have merely plugged it in to the G8 450, since it's hanging next to it....but I could do no such thing. I had to run two extension cords back to the power supply, or run them both on 110 using an extension cord with several receptacles. Well, that option would have put a load on the 110 that would have made me nervous, so I am running the one on 220 and the other on 110.

My suggestion? At least make it so the supplemental UFO's can piggy back on the larger lights and run on 220.
-----------------------------------------------------

My goal from here on out is the try to grow the nicest plant I can possibly grow using this light. I've never used LED before, so I'm not setting the bar quite as high for my first time, but I at least hope to have ridiculously frosty buds.

Here are some pics!
IMG_55962.JPG
IMG_55952.JPG
IMG_55933.JPG
IMG_55922.JPG
IMG_55914.JPG
IMG_55904.JPG
IMG_55894.JPG
IMG_55883.JPG

Looks awesome, always so clean and well presented...+rep:peace:

I really like the daisy chain idea it would make life alot easier so i def second that motion for sure!!!!:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom