Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thx man I will e-mail him , I'm preparing myself for my third run ill try , so I still have time im starting my 2nd. but this stuff is so confusing does hes kit come with a good explination? i have so many questions
Hey oni! I'm also in Canada and my kit order is currently in the mail! I expect to receive it this week and start cooking my first soil. Everything was easy by email with Doc.

I also had a lot of questions and found this community to be incredibly helpful. We're a bunch that will be trying the kit for the first time!! Stay tuned!!

Hey oni! I'm also in Canada and my kit order is currently in the mail! I expect to receive it this week and start cooking my first soil. Everything was easy by email with Doc.

I also had a lot of questions and found this community to be incredibly helpful. We're a bunch that will be trying the kit for the first time!! Stay tuned!!
I am right there with you I have the kit and light and tent now to procure the rest and I will be starting. My soil has been cooking two weeks so I am hoping to start a seed in a couple more weeks and get started with Docs kit. I am really excited to get started as I am sure you are. They will have a few of us Newb Plebs to deal with OH NO the confusion is about to start, Just Kidding ;) Rock Out with your …….. out :snowboating:I will let your dirty mind fill in the dots Ha Ha

Thx @Doc Bud your explanation was clear so their is a document that come with the kit explaining everything

Ok I've got a couple questions then :)

1- So I need a container ( any recommendations for a good container to cook the soil or just a plastic box is fine)
2-Can I cook inside
3- does it have a strong odor
4- what are tools I need any suggestions in a foliar sprayer?
5- is possible to store a cooked dirt

Thx @Doc Bud your explanation was clear so their is a document that come with the kit explaining everything

Ok I've got a couple questions then :)

1- So I need a container ( any recommendations for a good container to cook the soil or just a plastic box is fine)
2-Can I cook inside
3- does it have a strong odor
4- what are tools I need any suggestions in a foliar sprayer?
5- is possible to store a cooked dirt
1) get a couple of good sized totes. 32+ gallon sized. You can store your soil in these after you mix it on a tarp or in a kiddie pool.
2) yes, you want it to stay in the mid to high 70s to optimize cook time. It can get colder, but if you're going under 60f you have the chance of slowing down or stopping your microbial growth. Then you'll need to warm it up and wake it up with a dose of Roots! and Transdrench.
3) the soil doesn't. The flowers you grow in it is a different thing. :yummy:
4) I use a 1 gallon solo brand sprayer with an extendable wand to get to the back of my flower room. You can go with anything that gives a decent spray. I wouldn't recommend a flarisol, though if you're planning on growing more than two plants at a time. They aren't durable enough. A good generic spray bottle with the wide spray tip will do the trick and add enough pressure in the case of you having need of blasting mites off your leaves.
5) yes, as I noted above, just keep it in the 70f range ideally. You can go up or down about 20-30 degrees from there, but it can cause issues with the microbe population once you're hitting those extremes and the microbe population is kind of the whole idea behind the Kit, so you want to avoid that if possible. ;)

I am currently two months into my first DBHBB run.....and the hardest part is giving up that science stuff. When you are new naturally you want to know when and how....but not necessarily why :rofl:

We are on page 1208 of the Q&A so most issues have been addressed and can be easily found using the search function. There is a ton of info already on here just waiting to be discovered. Do some research before just asking questions and see what you come up with. What I find helpful is combining a search with a specific member. For instance if I search cooking soil and member @Duggan

...This is what we come up with.....every time cooking soil comes up in conversation with Duggs.

Screenshot_20191007-064556_Chrome.jpg

Tons of good info for you just sitting there waiting to be picked up on. I still have questions, but the longer I am here (and reading!) the less question I have.

Also....since I am horrible with retaining info I copy and paste the really important stuff into my notes on my phone. If I am lacking direction for say foliars I can look through my notes and see the crumbs left around other people's journals........I got files going on a lot of knowledgeable people here:bongrip:

Screenshot_20191007-065854_Samsung Notes.jpg

Hope this helps
Enjoy

Good morning everyone.
I have decided to mentor/help/assist Knife thru his first (Auto) kit grow.
I have two goals for this , his grow, as discussed with him .
First is to show everyone just how easy this really is... and to show Auto growers that they should be treated just like any other plants.
This grow should put to rest all the confusion and questions peeps seem to have regarding conflicting info on how to use the kit.
Cheers gang .Enjoy the day. :circle-of-love:
I don't know man....LOL.....as an outsider that has never used the kit but follows a lot of growers using the kit, for such a simple process there seems to be a lot of confusion...... which there shouldn't be if the system is really that simple. Use the chart, don't use the chart......follow the directions vs its common sense.

Don't get me wrong, I have smoked several strains grown by Neiko and the results are amazing but seems like there is either a lot of misinformation or just too many bad sets of instructions floating around out there that seem to confuse a lot of growers.

Hopefully you can help add some clarity to it Duggs....good luck brother!

I have this post by Doc bookmarked and I think it explains it pretty well. One of my favorite posts of all time btw... :bongrip:

"that's the level you want to get to when growing.

A fully aware, experienced, mindful and intuitive form of gardening, based on repetition and wonder."

I don't know man....LOL.....as an outsider that has never used the kit but follows a lot of growers using the kit, for such a simple process there seems to be a lot of confusion...... which there shouldn't be if the system is really that simple. Use the chart, don't use the chart......follow the directions vs its common sense.

Don't get me wrong, I have smoked several strains grown by Neiko and the results are amazing but seems like there is either a lot of misinformation or just too many bad sets of instructions floating around out there that seem to confuse a lot of growers.

Hopefully you can help add some clarity to it Duggs....good luck brother!

We've been through this before, VanStank.

The "problem" is that it really is that simple. But no matter what we print, say, or do someone, somewhere is going to complain that it's not clear....or precise.....or there's a typo.

And, responding to that we strive to fix it and make it easier and better to understand. It's really quite easy.....drench, water, drench, spray, drench, water, drench, spray.

Some people just want it to be very, very precise....which it isn't. Others don't want to read anything and want to mix everything together and add water....which won't work very well.

FWIW, I "use the chart" even if I personally can't understand the chart! Other folks have gotten back to us thanking us for the chart!!!

There's a cacophony of voices to hear.....and there's also someone who loves to toss sand in the gears for some reason. Again, we're trying.

In the meantime, people are growing amazing, over-the-top, best ever weed on a regular basis. Those folks all say it's easy!!!

We're trying!

Thanks Doc

I understand its really simple

Its just my nature to want to understand whats happening under the surface.
Looking for the HIDDEN CLUES that will open up some of the secrets.
Yes I do understand its absolutely not needed but No harm in looking,

What I have learned so far
Found using DOCs kit I am ONLY in charge of keeping the outside environment in check
(VPD range)

The Microbes take care of everything in the soil, Nutrients, ph, ECC is all taken care of

Docs kit takes care of everything below the soil line, I just need to take care of everything above the
canopy and the plants will perform to there potential all by them themselves

Its really just that simple. Everything below the soil line is taken care of ;)
Minerals, Microbes & Magic

I am responsible for what happens above the canopy. Really frees me up to get all OCD.
IF I do my job to perfection the plants thrive in the middle

My job is to Find and understand as many variables as I can, get enough dialed in and
things get easy.

Thanks Doc

Found using DOCs kit I am ONLY in charge of keeping the outside environment in check
(VPD range)

The Microbes take care of everything in the soil, Nutrients, ph, ECC is all taken care of

Docs kit takes care of everything below the soil line, I just need to take care of everything above the

I am responsible for what happens above the canopy. Really frees me up to get all OCD.

My job is to Find and understand as many variables as I can, get enough dialed in and
things get easy.
There is a lot of us Newbies getting ready to start and this helps reconfirm it is easy and right where I want to be. Now to get everything all set up and get started Woot :surf:

I am about two months in and have done very little in terms of "feeding" anything. Straight water with tea and 1/4 trans with tea at transplant. They are just happy and thriving.

Exactly what @Gazoo said....focusing on keeping a clean and proper environment...so far that is it. I couldn't be happier with the outcome so far.

20191006_170502.jpg
Wow your plants are looking really nice. I cant wait till I get started. Looks like you have a nice area too

Wow your plants are looking really nice. I cant wait till I get started. Looks like you have a nice area too
I am lucky to have a spare room. I started with a tent, but ditched it so I can have some real space to work in. Everything feels better in the open space and I have a lot more room up top so I can let them get nice and big! :morenutes:

Honestly I never thought my hobby grow would turn out so nice....it's like a dream.

Thanks Doc

(VPD range)

things get easy.

We each have our own way of getting to where you are Gazoo....well done.

Small tweaks to the environment have big effects on the plants....as great or even more so than drenches and foliars.

I am lucky to have a spare room. I started with a tent, but ditched it so I can have some real space to work in. Everything feels better in the open space and I have a lot more room up top so I can let them get nice and big! :morenutes:

Honestly I never thought my hobby grow would turn out so nice....it's like a dream.

They look great.....but you're gonna want to feed them soon. A good strong GI drench, followed by water....followed by a Transplant Drench oughta get you ready to bloom.

You definitely want to keep the soil energy up when stretch begins. Don't be bashful with the drenches....

They look great.....but you're gonna want to feed them soon. A good strong GI drench, followed by water....followed by a Transplant Drench oughta get you ready to bloom.

You definitely want to keep the soil energy up when stretch begins. Don't be bashful with the drenches....
I got watchful eyes on what is going on there. I gave the 1/4 trans about 3 weeks ago when I moved them up to the 10g pots. Three of four are still waiting to dry up before I can add anything. It was recommended the next drink be straight water with tea added. The two Lannys have been taking a lot longer since the start to dry up though. They might need a little something different.

I got watchful eyes on what is going on there. I gave the 1/4 trans about 3 weeks ago when I moved them up to the 10g pots. Three of four are still waiting to dry up before I can add anything. It was recommended the next drink be straight water with tea added. The two Lannys have been taking a lot longer since the start to dry up though. They might need a little something different.

So, if it was me, I'd give GI next drink.

As for the two slower ones, when was the last foliar spray?

some plants have lower metabolism than others. You'll just have to drench them a couple days later.

But I would definitely drench next, like I said.

So, if it was me, I'd give GI next drink.

As for the two slower ones, when was the last foliar spray?

some plants have lower metabolism than others. You'll just have to drench them a couple days later.

But I would definitely drench next, like I said.
Gotcha....they all got the brix foliar last on Saturday. They have been getting hit with that every 10 days or so since they hit 5 nodes.
I just gave my LTK water/tea yesterday....she has been growing super fast compared to the rest. I will give the others a stiff GI (or GE....I still got the old label stuff) drench when they are ready for a drink. Thanks for the heads up Doc!

20191007_181803.jpg

Back
Top Bottom