Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Greetings Gang , I got a update from the fellow grower having the mold issues and he has been able to beat it for now. Heavy rains for a week and high temps with his HPS lighting caused the mold. Also the large amount of dead leaf in the room played a role in the mold forming. He even found some spores developing on dead leaves. Bad environment caused this!

Thanks for the help everyone :high-five: Glad we were able to identify the problem quickly for him. I told him to look into LEDs but I guess it’s hard to get products in the Caribbean.

Hope everyone and their green friends are doing well. Have a rocking day friends :theband:

Little update on my velvet side by side

One being fed advanced is growing a little quicker (left)

docs kit (right)

Im going to assume this is a pretty normal growth rate comparison..

I would expect the organic girl to grow a little slower. But its the finished product i care about.
Environment has been on point.. will be getting first GI drench in next day or so soon as soils asking for wet
20191008_042247.jpg

Still only got my 400watt ballast running at 50%
They seem to be fine

Nice healthy plants you got there Capt. And glad to see your using the Kit.

Growth may not be as fast as some other methods but also each individual plant maybe be more vigorous then the next so hard to tell what’s it all down too on small sample sizes. Plus I’m with you. It’s the end product I care about not a few extra leaves or colas over the entire grow.

I’ll throw in what I can recall about fabric pots.

I have seen many use the fabric pots with great success in the kit and maybe 1-2 that had some issues. From what I can remember the fabric pots air prune roots. So when in veg in 1 gallon pots. Doc suggests Plastic pots because the roots will meet the wall of the plastic pot. Then they will begin to turn and get “root bound” this is a good thing because shortly after (maybe 1 week tops) you would be scoring the roots with a clean blade. And putting the rootbound plant into a much larger pot with a lot more soil. The plant with the help of Roots powder and scored roots now spreads its legs ( roots ) and grows a lot in a short time frame.

With a fabric pot the roots don’t get bound and grow around the pot wall. They meet the fabric pot wall and just stop growing there. This makes sense to lead to a slightly weaker and less robust root system. Atleast it will slow down that root growth progression. I still believe in the fabric pot the roots will eventually fill out the pot it just might take longer.

Another reason I don’t use Fabric pots in the Kit is that they dry out faster. When plants are rootbound in pots they drink fast. Every 2-3 days they need water or will wilt.

In flower they also drink fast and I water every 2-3 days. That’s in plastic pots. So if it was Fabric it could even be as little as every 1.5-2 days they need water.

This could either be a good thing or bad. Sometimes I want to give plants more waterings in a given 70day flower cycle let’s say. Other times I’m quite happy to wait days until they need a drink.

Hope this helps Capt. I say either plastic or fabric will work well. But just pay attention to these kind of details as ur kit grow progresses. I’m sure a couple others will chime in with more thoughts.

Have a great day and you are going to love Doc’s Kit. I would also advise you to check out Dr Ziggy’s Low and Slow Drying method to ensure the final product is top notch.

Cheers Gang :green_heart:

UPDATE Dark Devil auto day 76 Still looking rather unhappy but with help from @Duggan I'm hoping we'll get her turned around. Did a brix Foliar spray, 5ml in 4oz water on Sunday night and a 1.5 gal drink with 20ml of Growth Ionic drench and 20 drops of tea (double the strength I have been feeding as per dugg's suggestion)
20191008_063525.jpg
20191008_063533.jpg

20191008_063550.jpg

20191008_063543.jpg

M.O.B auto day 49 Starting to see some of the same blotchy brown crispy patches on this one as well. Also gave MOB a brix Foliar spray on Sunday and a 1.5gal drink with 20ml GI and 20 drops tea. Planning on recharging this week and will probably be thinking about doing the cat drenches soonish?
20191008_063612.jpg
20191008_063618.jpg
20191008_063624.jpg
20191008_063636.jpg

Teenage wedding auto Day 8 Making good progress. Seedling pot was dry so I watered by pouring water into the container the pot is sitting in and letting the soil absorb from the bottom. I'll probably give her another week before I start thinking about putting her in her final pot.
20191008_063502.jpg
20191008_063508.jpg

Thanks for looking Have a knife day

Nice healthy plants you got there Capt. And glad to see your using the Kit.

Growth may not be as fast as some other methods but also each individual plant maybe be more vigorous then the next so hard to tell what’s it all down too on small sample sizes. Plus I’m with you. It’s the end product I care about not a few extra leaves or colas over the entire grow.

I’ll throw in what I can recall about fabric pots.

I have seen many use the fabric pots with great success in the kit and maybe 1-2 that had some issues. From what I can remember the fabric pots air prune roots. So when in veg in 1 gallon pots. Doc suggests Plastic pots because the roots will meet the wall of the plastic pot. Then they will begin to turn and get “root bound” this is a good thing because shortly after (maybe 1 week tops) you would be scoring the roots with a clean blade. And putting the rootbound plant into a much larger pot with a lot more soil. The plant with the help of Roots powder and scored roots now spreads its legs ( roots ) and grows a lot in a short time frame.

With a fabric pot the roots don’t get bound and grow around the pot wall. They meet the fabric pot wall and just stop growing there. This makes sense to lead to a slightly weaker and less robust root system. Atleast it will slow down that root growth progression. I still believe in the fabric pot the roots will eventually fill out the pot it just might take longer.

Another reason I don’t use Fabric pots in the Kit is that they dry out faster. When plants are rootbound in pots they drink fast. Every 2-3 days they need water or will wilt.

In flower they also drink fast and I water every 2-3 days. That’s in plastic pots. So if it was Fabric it could even be as little as every 1.5-2 days they need water.

This could either be a good thing or bad. Sometimes I want to give plants more waterings in a given 70day flower cycle let’s say. Other times I’m quite happy to wait days until they need a drink.

Hope this helps Capt. I say either plastic or fabric will work well. But just pay attention to these kind of details as ur kit grow progresses. I’m sure a couple others will chime in with more thoughts.

Have a great day and you are going to love Doc’s Kit. I would also advise you to check out Dr Ziggy’s Low and Slow Drying method to ensure the final product is top notch.

Cheers Gang :green_heart:
I was planning to use 7 gal. Fabric pots when I transplant from seedling ,Your post was informative Thank You

Little update on my velvet side by side

One being fed advanced is growing a little quicker (left)

docs kit (right)

Im going to assume this is a pretty normal growth rate comparison..

I would expect the organic girl to grow a little slower. But its the finished product i care about.
Environment has been on point.. will be getting first GI drench in next day or so soon as soils asking for wet
20191008_042247.jpg

Still only got my 400watt ballast running at 50%
They seem to be fine

Using the kit you wont have to chase any deficiency. When I used chemical nutrients I
was always chasing deficiency since it was easier to feed light and chase the issues rather than
to take the chance of overfeeding and than have to Flush it all out

I was planning to use 7 gal. Fabric pots when I transplant from seedling ,Your post was informative Thank You

That should work fine PC, and your welcome glad it helped. I have used fabric pots before just not with the kit.

They should work well in flower for the final pot. I’ll jump over to your grow and follow along.

That should work fine PC, and your welcome glad it helped. I have used fabric pots before just not with the kit.

They should work well in flower for the final pot. I’ll jump over to your grow and follow along.
Thanks I would Love to have you stop by grow journal and follow along I am sure I will have plenty of questions along the way :surf:

UPDATE Dark Devil auto day 76 Still looking rather unhappy but with help from @Duggan I'm hoping we'll get her turned around. Did a brix Foliar spray, 5ml in 4oz water on Sunday night and a 1.5 gal drink with 20ml of Growth Ionic drench and 20 drops of tea (double the strength I have been feeding as per dugg's suggestion)
20191008_063525.jpg
20191008_063533.jpg

20191008_063550.jpg

20191008_063543.jpg

M.O.B auto day 49 Starting to see some of the same blotchy brown crispy patches on this one as well. Also gave MOB a brix Foliar spray on Sunday and a 1.5gal drink with 20ml GI and 20 drops tea. Planning on recharging this week and will probably be thinking about doing the cat drenches soonish?
20191008_063612.jpg
20191008_063618.jpg
20191008_063624.jpg
20191008_063636.jpg

Teenage wedding auto Day 8 Making good progress. Seedling pot was dry so I watered by pouring water into the container the pot is sitting in and letting the soil absorb from the bottom. I'll probably give her another week before I start thinking about putting her in her final pot.
20191008_063502.jpg
20191008_063508.jpg

Thanks for looking Have a knife day

those see-through bags are going to insure you can't grow healthy roots...meaning your plants won't be healthy either.

Roots hate light.

Roots also dislike air....thus I recommend NOT using fabric pots and definitely recommend using containers that you can't see through.

again, with roots exposed to light nothing but trouble is headed your way.

I highly recommend good old fashioned black pots! Cheap too.

Good day gang.. :passitleft:..Flump,..no worriez with your kit gettin to ya. Haven't had one issue getting mine .
It's when it arrives that i worry...u know , with these , so called, 'porch pirates'. Hell, i've come home every single time ive gotten stuff from Doc , to see my parcel , just leaning up against my side door. No signature required, so ya don't have to go fetch it from some courier co. But anyone coulda just walked up my driveway and lifted it...jeesh. Anyhow , i'm in Canada too, usually takes 7 to 10 days for me to get it...from Cali.
Cheers eh..:high-five:

Ok so i was wondering if 32 days into flower was 2 long to be able 2 do a reacue dench or would it be ok. Here is my Mandarin Cookies clone at 32 days so i know she got alot to go still atleast i think so lol.

32 days is plenty of time to do a rescue drench. And yes, you've got weeks to go yet.

Back
Top Bottom