Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Preparing for my next grow. I have a little bit of 1st run soil left. Was thinking of starting the seedlings in the 1 gal pots with 1st run soil and then transplanting into final pots with 2nd. Does this cause any issues? In my mind I see them exploding with joy. Lol. But if there is a reason not to do this please let me know! Thanks!!

Preparing for my next grow. I have a little bit of 1st run soil left. Was thinking of starting the seedlings in the 1 gal pots with 1st run soil and then transplanting into final pots with 2nd. Does this cause any issues? In my mind I see them exploding with joy. Lol. But if there is a reason not to do this please let me know! Thanks!!
Good question magoo! I’ve been wondering the same thing.

I do that all the time. I keep 1st run soil around for seedlings, Even when I'm on 3rd run. They get plopped into whatever run I'm currently on, when they get up potted.

@DopyLemontree have you thought of hitting the bb 25 with CAT next? I know a lot of people are doing late CAT drenches but have you tried hitting that plant at the stage she's at now?

I was thinking he'd already had one Cat.....I'd be doing that for sure....but the plant is stunning.

I typically start the cats at the end of the third week around 21 days after the flip. Tonight which is 16 days pf, the both of them (I have two identical plants) are due for a drink.

I’m not against an earlier cat, this is only the third time I’ve run her. What are you seeing in the plant that suggests an early window cat series would be beneficial?

I could start a cat tonight with one of the plants, and run the other one as scheduled to compare. I like experimenting...

I typically start the cats at the end of the third week around 21 days after the flip. Tonight which is 16 days pf, the both of them (I have two identical plants) are due for a drink.

I’m not against an earlier cat, this is only the third time I’ve run her. What are you seeing in the plant that suggests an early window cat series would be beneficial?

I could start a cat tonight with one of the plants, and run the other one as scheduled to compare. I like experimenting...
I'd do one now and one later like you say. It just seems to me that the new "normal" on giving CAT drenches has morphed from bud set to about week 5-6. Since you have identical plants going, you should definitely try one now and one when you planned on and compare. It may be a later CAT is what is best for that plant but doing them later just because that's what others are doing now may not be what's best.

I'd do one now and one later like you say. It just seems to me that the new "normal" on giving CAT drenches has morphed from bud set to about week 5-6. Since you have identical plants going, you should definitely try one now and one when you planned on and compare. It may be a later CAT is what is best for that plant but doing them later just because that's what others are doing now may not be what's best.

I still do them at budset.....which that plant is a picture of....

Duggan is mentoring me through my first indoor grow and my first DBHBB grow. I have 3 seedlings now and I planted another one yesterday, fingers crossed it becomes a seedling. I will have one Super Critical Bud CBD and three Gold Leaf. Not much to report at the moment but I will be posting pics here and in my journal which is in my sig. as they grow :surf:

Duggan is mentoring me through my first indoor grow and my first DBHBB grow. I have 3 seedlings now and I planted another one yesterday, fingers crossed it becomes a seedling. I will have one Super Critical Bud CBD and three Gold Leaf. Not much to report at the moment but I will be posting pics here and in my journal which is in my sig. as they grow :surf:
Cool! Have fun and keep up posted! I'll sub to your journal! Can't wait to join you in this adventure!

Cool! Have fun and keep up posted! I'll sub to your journal! Can't wait to join you in this adventure!
Thank you, I am really excited about this grow I know with Duggans help I should have a nice grow. I wish I would have found DBHBB before I put all the money and effort into mixing LOS but I have the LOS now so I will use it this coming spring in my greenhouse and I will do another grow in my tent with DBHBB next spring as well. My babies are doing well. I had some bad seeds that wouldn't germinate, The SCB CBD out of 7 seeds only 1 germinated which is the reason for 3 Gold Leaf and 1 SCB CBD. I planted the other GL just yesterday so waiting for it to pop through the surface I just hope it doesn't get too far behind the others. I would love to have you following along in my journal.

Hey, Doc has been kind enough to offer to let me "apprentice" under him. My seed for the grow just popped. A heavy chevy auto.
Swing by my apprentice journal to follow along.

20191113_204746.jpg

Also my teenage wedding auto is just finishing up her stretch and is stacking the budsites. As long as I can keep her healthy should produce very well.
20191113_204807.jpg
20191113_204756.jpg

Hey, Doc has been kind enough to offer to let me "apprentice" under him. My seed for the grow just popped. A heavy chevy auto.
Swing by my apprentice journal to follow along.

20191113_204746.jpg

Also my teenage wedding auto is just finishing up her stretch and is stacking the budsites. As long as I can keep her healthy should produce very well.
20191113_204807.jpg
20191113_204756.jpg

Hey knife, please tell me about how those containers are insulated from the floor? IE second story, foam, etc.

Hey knife, please tell me about how those containers are insulated from the floor? IE second story, foam, etc.
Our house is a bungalow with a crawl space beneath the whole house. Also as you can see in the last pic the pots are on risers, not sitting on the floor :)

Back
Top Bottom