Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I use Roots! powder when planting a seed, planting a peat puck or transplanting. And sometimes I water it in during the grow if there has been some root stress (like fungus gnats, e.g.). I don’t think it matters too much. I only do autos in really small pots tho - in between ‘proper’ plants. So they’re minimum maintenance bonus buds for me ;)

Questions for Auto growers:

Is it preferred to start seeds in final pots? I read that was the case because once roots hit the pot the plant starts flowering. Delay flowering and get a bigger plant/yield....?

If just growing autos, what is preferred light cycle? Thinking something like 14/10...?

If you have plants in different light cycles, I.e. autos mixed in with photos, do the autos need to stay on same light cycle throughout the grow?

Can you successfully grow autos in a window with little to no supplemental light?

Got a boat load of snow. Lucked into a new plow guy today. 20 bones a plow, well worth it!
Got 14.5 inches at base of Mt. greylock.

Ween.....treat those things like any other plant....no different.
Cheers.

Thanks! For the most part, right. Autos flower under any light cycle, right? Just trying to find out best light cycle for them. Maybe 16/8 or 14/10.....

You don't need to worry about the light cycle at all, beyond the fact that you should get better yields with longer light in general.

Good score on the snow removal. I bet you'll need it this year.

Thanks Morg! Are you talking about my gimp arm or are you saying we're gonna get lots of snow?

That old piece of ‘broscience’ has been well debunked :) - by many including some folks here on 420. They Flower whenever, sometimes, early sometimes late. Mostly genetic, sometimes environmental. Folks here have done many grows disproving the root-restriction-triggers flower theory.

These days the prevailing thought about the starting in the finish pot is because they have such a tight and unknown/unpredictable schedule that folks like to impose no changes so the plant doesn’t ever have to adapt. I’d imagine with excellent transplanting practices this might not be an issue. But I don’t have the space to experiment with that. Many folks have done it.

I wouldn’t advise that. Unless you like SPOGs ;)

^^^

For the most part. Newty once had a DDA that was not pleasing her in veg - it got moved to the flowering tent and took off. Stoney grows his DDAs in his flowering tent. So it can vary. Seasoned auto growers say as much light as possible tho, like morgs said. :)

Thanks Amy! So 16/8 instead off 14/10? What are SPOG's?

Got 14.5 inches at base of Mt. greylock.

We got close to that, but tomorrow it'll bff more like 20!

Autos I'll be popping soon are from Dope Seeds (won 2nd place in photo of month contest) are Blueberry and Diesel.

Ween,,a better word, as far as your concern /curiosity about light cycle with Autos. look at things this way,...perhaps.. :ganjamon: A Photo plant with 16/8 , or even 18/6 is getting plenty /maximum beneficial light , every cycle , agreed?....After those hrs. not much happens. So when i said treat them like any other plant , thats wat i would do. Run the lights at 16/8 from start to finish . Betcha u will like the results.. :headbanger::high-five:

Ween,,a better word, as far as your concern /curiosity about light cycle with Autos. look at things this way,...perhaps.. :ganjamon: A Photo plant with 16/8 , or even 18/6 is getting plenty /maximum beneficial light , every cycle , agreed?....After those hrs. not much happens. So when i said treat them like any other plant , thats wat i would do. Run the lights at 16/8 from start to finish . Betcha u will like the results.. :headbanger::high-five:

Yup, will do. Thanks! :passitleft:

Maybe now that I’ve tagged him he’ll drop by and share the original SPOG with us.
I'd be happy to! A spog® (Single Point Of Green) is an auto that decides to go into flower before it's had a chance to develop side branching (or amount to much of anything).

I wrote a little poem in honor of the very first spog®:

Not a sog nor a scrog,
What I have is a spog.
A spog is not two, never three, never four.
A spog is just one and can't be any more.
Just one point of green like a lonely old frog.
Just one single cola, my frosty-triched spog.

- by InTheShed

Here is the original spog®, an AK-47 auto:
full

Thanks! For the most part, right. Autos flower under any light cycle, right? Just trying to find out best light cycle for them. Maybe 16/8 or 14/10.....

Thanks Morg! Are you talking about my gimp arm or are you saying we're gonna get lots of snow?

Autos I'll be popping soon are from Dope Seeds (won 2nd place in photo of month contest) are Blueberry and Diesel.
Same thing I just grew. And one word, don't let them get to big, before flipping. They grew fast and large, Stretched for like 4 weeks. They can and will out grow a 7 foot tent.
How you liking the new pad ?

I just seen the auto. I've never and probably never will grow an auto. Maybe outside, next spring ?

I just grew their auto blueberry and auto amnesia haze. Both went pretty well (beautiful little plants and great tastes and effects etc) and were in small (2.5gal) AirPots. Blueberry got very tall! (and gave me PHoTM win earlier in the year :) ) Not DBHBB tho so I won’t post any pics, but the Blueberry made it into all comps the last few months - I loved it! Still enjoying - great daytime pain oil. :thumb:

:laughtwo: Single Point of Green - coined by @InTheShed ti account for what can happen w some autos, on occasion Maybe now that I’ve tagged him he’ll drop by and share the original SPOG with us.

Thanks Amy!:passitleft:

TP doesn’t bother me so much. LeafWash is a different story. I have to mix it at 75% strength it it makes me nauseous! :oops:

I agree 1000%! Can't stand the smell. Next time I use, I will cut with some water. Thanks again!

I'd be happy to! A spog® (Single Point Of Green) is an auto that decides to go into flower before it's had a chance to develop side branching (or amount to much of anything).

I wrote a little poem in honor of the very first spog®:

Not a sog nor a scrog,
What I have is a spog.
A spog is not two, never three, never four.
A spog is just one and can't be any more.
Just one point of green like a lonely old frog.
Just one single cola, my frosty-triched spog.

- by InTheShed

Here is the original spog®, an AK-47 auto:
full

Thanks shed! Was this grown by a window? I'm just spit firing ideas on how to grow using minimal electricity. I know about your method but moving plants like that is not gonna work for me.

:passitleft:

Same thing I just grew. And one word, don't let them get to big, before flipping. They grew fast and large, Stretched for like 4 weeks. They can and will out grow a 7 foot tent.
How you liking the new pad ?
I just seen the auto. I've never and probably never will grow an auto. Maybe outside, next spring ?

:rofl::rofl: never....maybe next spring!

I pretty much see them the same way. I'm a photo guy BUT am curiousabout autos.

I just grew their auto blueberry and auto amnesia haze. Both went pretty well and were in small (2.5gal) AirPots. Blueberry got very tall ! (and gave me PHoTM win earlier in the year :) ) Not DBHBB tho so I won’t post any pics, but the Blueberry made it into all comps the last few months - I loved it! Still enjoying - great daytime pain oil. :thumb:

Cool, you got me psyched to grow it! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom