Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

It's just one of the things autoflower plants can do, outside usually but indoors sometimes. They can be temperamental to environmental uncertainties that sends them into flower early. During the summer I have hot days, cool nights (probably 30º+ temp swings from radiant sun heat to nighttime) and RH from 50-85%. They seem to be easily triggered to flower in my backyard.

AFAIK it’s mostly genetic. Stress or bad germination and early seedling conditions may play a part No doubt.
e.g., I read on another forum an experienced grower talk about how somewhere around 1in10 DDAs can be a bit of a dud, size wise... so I think it’s just a genetic misfortune. I image little to no light would have the effect on any pheno tho.

Try it ween! :nomo:

Thanks! For the most part, right. Autos flower under any light cycle, right? Just trying to find out best light cycle for them. Maybe 16/8 or 14/10.....

Thanks Morg! Are you talking about my gimp arm or are you saying we're gonna get lots of snow?

Thanks Amy! So 16/8 instead off 14/10? What are SPOG's?

We got close to that, but tomorrow it'll bff more like 20!

Autos I'll be popping soon are from Dope Seeds (won 2nd place in photo of month contest) are Blueberry and Diesel.
I was referring to the excessive amount of snow. I'm sure your arm is appreciative though. How is it doing?

What are you guys using to measure your nutrients? I used a 5ml syringe to measure the Transplant but the stuff is so heavy that it felt like a syringe is not the proper tool...
Hi Flump :ciao:
I use the bottle caps as a guide - on the 8oz bottles the cap hold approx 5ml. I do this less and less tho because as I get used to what the amounts look and feel like, and the fact that the measurements do not have to be precise, I am more likely to dribble straight into the bucket. Took me a little while to get there tho, and i still use the cap sometimes ;).

What are you guys using to measure your nutrients? I used a 5ml syringe to measure the Transplant but the stuff is so heavy that it felt like a syringe is not the proper tool...

I got a cheap kit from a drugstore, with a dropper and a vial. The vial is 10ml with graduated 1 ml markings and I use that. I got a little nervous about droppers/syringes because you have to keep sticking it into the bottle, with the possibility of contamination over the months. I cross contaminated Tea and Trans once - got a lovely bloom in the Tea. :cheesygrinsmiley:

"Luer Slip" syringes from Tractor Supply

ss02lz1.jpg

This is what I used but didn't feel it was the right tool for Transplant. You like those with such heavy liquid?

I use them with fish hydrol which might be a different consistency than the TP, but yeah. Only draw back is the plungers wear out fairly quickly, I suspect from the phosphoric acid in the fish. Other than a syringe, IDK what else can be used for small doses in the range of 5ml, maybe a pipette might work though which itself works like a turkey baster.

Flump...easy ...u know those lil plastic measuring cups (30mls.) that come with liquid medicine. They work perfect. I always keep a few around from NyQuil or stuff. I like them cuz they hold the perfect amount for me to add to 2 gal's of water. Flump, also , make sure your water source is OK,...distilled, RO or tested well/tap water ok. If u use tap water , ALWAYS let it sit out for a couple /few days to let the chlorine evaporate . U still need to get it tested however for all the other crap they put in it,...ie, chloramine (bad , bad , bad for our micro heard)

This is what I used but didn't feel it was the right tool for Transplant. You like those with such heavy liquid?
I use the one's from the pharmacy...10ml with .2 graduated. Seems to be working just fine for me. They are dirt cheap so I grab a couple every once in a while. I use it to mix with also....I use a gallon jug and when I shoot in my dose I pump it a bunch of times aggressively and it pushes the juice around.....kinda cleans it out also.

I have been wondering about contamination cause I use one for all....but I refill the small one time kit bottles from my bulk jugs, so if I do find an issue I would only have to toss out a smaller amount and learn my lesson.

I tried using the cap, but it doesn't feel right. Knowing the amount I am using consistently helps me sleep at night. One day hopefully I can free pour from the bulk jugs...but until then I like the training wheels.

welcome aboard Flump :passitleft: I use my well water(I did have the water tested when I bought the house) And i also use the cups duggs is referring to, I picked up a 100 pack for$5 on amazon. did you get yourself a good FINE mist spray bottle? I got a hairdresser spray bottle also on amazon and it works amazing. It can spray upside down and doesn't make a mess due to the fine spray
cheers

Back
Top Bottom