Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hay Doc I ordered Bulk First run amendments and Recharge but they sent 2 bulk bags of First run amendments but no Recharge. Are they the same or should I make an order for some Recharge ? I ordered the Bulk bottles of everything I need I think so as long as I don't need to order Recharge I should be good for awhile

Hay Doc I ordered Bulk First run amendments and Recharge but they sent 2 bulk bags of First run amendments but no Recharge. Are they the same or should I make an order for some Recharge ? I ordered the Bulk bottles of everything I need I think so as long as I don't need to order Recharge I should be good for awhile

One bag should weigh 4 lbs.....theother 5lbs. That's the only difference you can see with your eyes.

One bag should weigh 4 lbs.....theother 5lbs. That's the only difference you can see with your eyes.
So they are the same stuff but one comes in 4lbs and the other comes as 5lbs is that right ? I just want to make sure I have everything I need for my next run

So they are the same stuff but one comes in 4lbs and the other comes as 5lbs is that right ? I just want to make sure I have everything I need for my next run

They are not exactly the same. But they look identical because they are both "mostly" limestone.

There should have been labels in the bags.....please let me know if there were not.

Also, if, for some reason you did get 2 bags of First Run, you'll still be fine when it comes to recharging, but please let me know and I'll send some magic dust (not really magic) along with your next order to make sure your recharge is 100% up to speed.

They are not exactly the same. But they look identical because they are both "mostly" limestone.

There should have been labels in the bags.....please let me know if there were not.

Also, if, for some reason you did get 2 bags of First Run, you'll still be fine when it comes to recharging, but please let me know and I'll send some magic dust (not really magic) along with your next order to make sure your recharge is 100% up to speed.
After I checked and moved the amendments around I found the lables and one is Recharge and one is First run, Sorry

No way! You say 80 dollars. Someones gettin rich holy fu..k. I pay between 35 and 40 for 3.8 cu ft. bale.
Is there nowhere else you can source it out..?
Hardware stores don't carry it, you can have it shipped to the store for 70-80 and pick it up yourself but if you go to any mom and pop hydro shop it's like 80. It's ruff living in prohibition land :(

Fixed My Soil

Ok here's how I did it and how it went. Grow cost for three bails of pro mix hp was 97dollars. They sell four bails for 100dollars so I ended up with an extra bail of pro mix. I took the over fed original mixed soil put out a tarp and made three equal piles. Then I took one bail of pro mix 25 pounds ewc added five gallons of water. Mixed that up real good then I added 1 of the 3 piles of dirt from the original batch and mixed it all together. Repeated that two more times. Now I've got 4 totes full of first run soil cooking. Few questions. What's the shelf life of cooked soil? I noticed on the original batch of soil I screwed up on when I started to separate the soil into the three separate piles that the top of the soil looked dry. As soon as I started moving the soil from the top it look a lot darker which i took as the dirt was indeed moist. Is that a good gauge to determine if my soil is moist enough. Dig down 1/2 inch and see if the soil is darker? Duggan told me to make sure the lids are loosely on so the mixture can breathe. The lids on the totes I bought close tightly so I duck taped 1/2 inch short pieces of wood on the containers so the dirt can breathe. Does that sound ok. Wanna make sure the last thing I do is screw up another batch of dirt..... any advise would be greatly appreciated.
I would like to suggest 15 gl pots for tomato !! Bell pepper probably 10 gl.. And you're now owner of about 150gl of DBHBS soil, to expand to the great outdoors, ie greenhouse. I can see nothings gonna get in your way. That was quick work and you're right back on top of the situation. I mean, if I had made that mistake, my old ass would have to lug all that soil up two flights, and then store it for outdoor plants this coming summer. problem is for me, those 3.8 bails are getting heavier !! Make sure you insulate the containers from cold floor and maintain at least 65f. I grew a pear tomato, in DBHBS and they were unbelievably delicious. I had other pear tomato's, from the garden, to compare, an unbelievable difference in taste. I wish I had a spot to cook & store 150gl extra soil, without lugging it 2 flights !! :passitleft:
Anyhow JK, you're back on track now !!
I paid 171.00 dollars four 4 bales of pro mix ph and 5 bags of ewc 15lbs per bag.
I live in Ma. and 3.8 PM hp is $38 + tax. So It's cheaper where you're at..

Back
Top Bottom