Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

You can do it! Get a big tarp and mix away. Got all of good advice here :)

If i can do it you can too :)
20191016_013534.jpg

20191016_021207.jpg

OK, so this is important.

I assumed that your environment was right.....until you get those temps up to 78 when the lights are one, the plants are going to be sluggish and won't metabolize. So hold off on the stronger drenches until you get your environment in order.

Nothing is going to grow right at 72 degrees.....

Ok so like i was saying i didnt wait long enuf after lights came on but yea now they been on for awhile an its 77°f with 45% rh. So im assuming that is good enuf to continue on with the double strength drench then. I actually gotta feed the girls 2nite. An its supposed to be a growth drench. So if i go with double strength it would be 30ml per gallon of water and 2 little caps of the tea

Hey Blazin, is that a lot of tea?

I’m kind throwing this up here to ask @Doc Bud about it - tea quantities.

Cause Ive always worked out that Tea measurements come out at roughly 10%of the drench amount so if I were giving about 30ml (1oz) of drench per gallon of water then I’d be adding only about 3ml of Tea per gallon to that.

Blaze is talking 3 times that amount of tea and I’m not sure we need that much,. “A little goes a long way” you always say :)

But I’m just checking in case I should actually be using more. :Namaste:

No thats jus cause im fixing an issue im having with my girls. So doc suggested i use a double strength feeding after i trimmed her up some.

Actually here they are now up first is the Alaskan Purple.

Then here is the Critical Purple Kush.

And then my other girls coming up are doing great here is the Bubba Island Kush.

And then here we got the Black Cherry Punch b4 training.

And then my new baby i had a Californian Snow auto that i wanted to try highbrix style an here she is in a 10gallon pot.

And i took a clipping off the Black Cherry Punch and tried to make a clone from it by using the roots powder an putting her in a hole straight in the dirt. I also used the destress to help it root faster. An i put her in a plastic baggie to keep moisture in but this is what happend after 7days i noticed this. Im getting close to needing to take some clones again but i cant seem to get my soil ones to root idk y tho. When i use rockwool cubes or even rapid rooters which r soil so thts a plus lol and clonex i get them 2 root almost a 100% of the time. Then i jus rinse off the roots wen its time to plant an dump a bunch of plain water on them inorder to wash out the clonex so i can use it for my highbrix growing. Now it did work wen i tried it on my last run but if i can get the normal soil way to work i wud rather do it tht way. Only rite nw this is what ive been able 2 make work for me so lol. But yea here is the clone i tried doing the soil way an no go lol.

Just curious, did someone tell you to rinse the clones off? Roots power is not for cloning as far as I know. You could try aloe but clonex powder is your best bet. I've also seen people just put the cuts in water and get roots in a couple weeks.
I have done the clones in a water bottle and place them in a South West facing window and they usually root for me. You can get some Crazy roots that way.

No thats jus cause im fixing an issue im having with my girls. So doc suggested i use a double strength feeding after i trimmed her up some.

Actually here they are now up first is the Alaskan Purple.

Then here is the Critical Purple Kush.

And then my other girls coming up are doing great here is the Bubba Island Kush.

And then here we got the Black Cherry Punch b4 training.

And then my new baby i had a Californian Snow auto that i wanted to try highbrix style an here she is in a 10gallon pot.

And i took a clipping off the Black Cherry Punch and tried to make a clone from it by using the roots powder an putting her in a hole straight in the dirt. I also used the destress to help it root faster. An i put her in a plastic baggie to keep moisture in but this is what happend after 7days i noticed this. Im getting close to needing to take some clones again but i cant seem to get my soil ones to root idk y tho. When i use rockwool cubes or even rapid rooters which r soil so thts a plus lol and clonex i get them 2 root almost a 100% of the time. Then i jus rinse off the roots wen its time to plant an dump a bunch of plain water on them inorder to wash out the clonex so i can use it for my highbrix growing. Now it did work wen i tried it on my last run but if i can get the normal soil way to work i wud rather do it tht way. Only rite nw this is what ive been able 2 make work for me so lol. But yea here is the clone i tried doing the soil way an no go lol.

If you're rooting in straight dirt, tape another plastic cup over the solo cup you're using to make a humidity dome, and take off all those leaves.

I much prefer to using rapid rooter/root riot/jiffy peat plugs to clone in......but I've done it in soil plenty of times too. Just take off more leaves and make sure it's humid, especially when your tent runs dry as it does.

I don't understand why you rinse the clonex off the roots. I've used rapid-rooters and clonex for years on hundreds of clones in hi-brix and never rinsed. I flip the plugs upside down, poke a hole through the bottom in-line with the hole in the top so they can stand up and dip the clones in clonex. Then stick them into the plugs, put them into the clone dome and wait for roots (of course a daily dose of de-stress each morning). Dust with roots powder once a few root spikes show and then right into a gallon of soil. I don't think I've had 2 clones fail in all that time. I've even gotten small spindly "Charlie-brown" twigs and they all make it.

I don't understand why you rinse the clonex off the roots. I've used rapid-rooters and clonex for years on hundreds of clones in hi-brix and never rinsed. I flip the plugs upside down, poke a hole through the bottom in-line with the hole in the top so they can stand up and dip the clones in clonex. Then stick them into the plugs, put them into the clone dome and wait for roots (of course a daily dose of de-stress each morning). Dust with roots powder once a few root spikes show and then right into a gallon of soil. I don't think I've had 2 clones fail in all that time. I've even gotten small spindly "Charlie-brown" twigs and they all make it.

That's pretty much exactly what I do too.

Just curious, did someone tell you to rinse the clones off? Roots power is not for cloning as far as I know. You could try aloe but clonex powder is your best bet. I've also seen people just put the cuts in water and get roots in a couple weeks.

No no1 told me to rinse them off i jus figured its a chemical of sum kind an prolly wudnt work to well with the kit lol. An im already having problems with this soil having to much organic matter in it an i didnt wana throw it out of wack any more then it already is lol. And the clonex i have is a liquid its called clonex solution. Its supposed to be for continuous liquid feeding as ur plants gets roots ur suppose to up it till u hit 10 ml or sumthn like that but i jus use 6ml per liter and usually by the 2nd week they all got roots. But ive wanted to learn how all u guys do it with the kit in soil lol. But so far my attempt has failed. Altho 2 my benifit ive only done the 1 so far. So atleast its not alot of failures lmao.
If you're rooting in straight dirt, tape another plastic cup over the solo cup you're using to make a humidity dome, and take off all those leaves.

I much prefer to using rapid rooter/root riot/jiffy peat plugs to clone in......but I've done it in soil plenty of times too. Just take off more leaves and make sure it's humid, especially when your tent runs dry as it does.

Yea thats why i figured if i put it in a big plastic bag an sprayed the baggie alil it had moisture drips all over inside it so i know the thing had plenty of moisture shud i still do the cup on top thing or would the baggie have been fine? This is what it was like only it had more moisture drips all over inside.

Oh shit yea wen i use the clonex solution i get roots every time i jus thought it was a chemical tht wudnt work with the kit lol thts y i rinsed them off but shit now tht i know its ok to use with the kit ill jus use my root peat plugs i got an go take a bunch of cippings for clones lmao. Thanx for helpn me clear tht all up.

Fixed My Soil

Ok here's how I did it and how it went. Grow cost for three bails of pro mix hp was 97dollars. They sell four bails for 100dollars so I ended up with an extra bail of pro mix. I took the over fed original mixed soil put out a tarp and made three equal piles. Then I took one bail of pro mix 25 pounds ewc added five gallons of water. Mixed that up real good then I added 1 of the 3 piles of dirt from the original batch and mixed it all together. Repeated that two more times. Now I've got 4 totes full of first run soil cooking. Few questions. What's the shelf life of cooked soil? I noticed on the original batch of soil I screwed up on when I started to separate the soil into the three separate piles that the top of the soil looked dry. As soon as I started moving the soil from the top it look a lot darker which i took as the dirt was indeed moist. Is that a good gauge to determine if my soil is moist enough. Dig down 1/2 inch and see if the soil is darker? Duggan told me to make sure the lids are loosely on so the mixture can breathe. The lids on the totes I bought close tightly so I duck taped 1/2 inch short pieces of wood on the containers so the dirt can breathe. Does that sound ok. Wanna make sure the last thing I do is screw up another batch of dirt..... any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I might be reading this wrong but it sounds like you have 2 kits of soil but should have 4. Can you show us pic of your totes? Not sure the wood is needed...? My totes are 27 gallons so 1 kit fits in 2 totes.

Are your pro mix bales 3.8 cu ft? I would love 4 bales for 100! I pay twice that.

Back
Top Bottom