Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Doc, this Grape Ape looks fantastic and purple obviously :tokin: I'm.actually growing one too from an old seed, the only one that popped. I call it Mendocino Grape Ape cause seeds came to my buddy via some grower from Mendocino who moved to SoCal. Great strain, really like this indica with a skunky kick high, good for watching movies :) Yeah, this purpling I've had on her since the beginning, which is supposed to come back by late flowering :)

Anyway, I use extreme LST to create bonsai cannabis, which I finish below 3". I hope it's not that bad for Brix after all :)

3" that's definitely bonsai.

Yes, when the plant recovers brix will rise. Graytail kicks ass.....plant of the year, etc. His brix readings are right in line with mine.

I don't do much training, mainly because I top them and take all but the upper 3-5 nodes when I prune. It's a type of training, just not the same as some of the other growers.

Hey Doc, do you think the flowering is affected in any way by a low brix during veg? something I have been pondering any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Hey Doc, do you think the flowering is affected in any way by a low brix during veg? something I have been pondering any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Yes and no. Healthy plants in veg hook up much quicker and better than unhealthy versions. However, I have flowered out very root bound and low Brix plants, and had them recover and turn into absolute beauties. My first plant of the month winner, huckleberry kush, was one of those. I'm sure she would have been way nicer had I flipped her while she was still banging in veg, but in the end, still my best smoke ever.

Doc, I'm helping set up a small medical garden with your kit. The child with epilepsy that needs the meds mostly juices fan leaves. They got a lot through me and I'm wondering how best to grow lots of leaves. Seems like a lot of what we do is geared towards flowering plants, I'd really like to know how to grow luscious veg plants with tons of healthy leaf.

Doc, I'm helping set up a small medical garden with your kit. The child with epilepsy that needs the meds mostly juices fan leaves. They got a lot through me and I'm wondering how best to grow lots of leaves. Seems like a lot of what we do is geared towards flowering plants, I'd really like to know how to grow luscious veg plants with tons of healthy leaf.

This is awesome, well except for the child with epilepsy part but at least you can help!

Not sure when the thc and cbd start forming but the hurkle is a very bushy plant that has helped our spinal problems more than any other strain I have been able to try. Also maybe try a reveg they get bushy as a mofo :thumb:

Edit, also instead of actually growing the plant to harvest and start over it might work better to keep them going with a big pruning every few weeks as your harvests instead. As it gets more mature it should pump out new growth faster :)

Hey Doc, this Grape Ape looks fantastic and purple obviously :tokin: I'm.actually growing one too from an old seed, the only one that popped. I call it Mendocino Grape Ape cause seeds came to my buddy via some grower from Mendocino who moved to SoCal. Great strain, really like this indica with a skunky kick high, good for watching movies :) Yeah, this purpling I've had on her since the beginning, which is supposed to come back by late flowering :)

Anyway, I use extreme LST to create bonsai cannabis, which I finish below 3". I hope it's not that bad for Brix after all :)

Doc's grape ape tastes like amazing candy. There was still some in my bubbler and he wanted me to nock it out to try the next strain and I was like umm lets finish this first :passitleft: Probably the best tasting bud I have ever had and he wanted me to nock it into the ashtray... :rofl:

I dose low, and I do 2.5 mls per 6 gallon plant.

That'd be say, 15-20 mls for 6?

What do the directions say ... ?:cheesygrinsmiley:

[Edit] ... I think I remember one ounce for 6 plants in 7 gallon pots, which is about 30 mls. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I dose low, and I do 2.5 mls per 6 gallon plant.

That'd be say, 15-20 mls for 6?

What do the directions say ... ?:cheesygrinsmiley:

[Edit] ... I think I remember one ounce for 6 plants in 7 gallon pots, which is about 30 mls. :cheesygrinsmiley:

transplant water, no longer needed at seed plant, was 1 oz Transplant /gal water fed to seeds

drenches are 1/2 oz total for 6 plants
foliars are 1 oz per qt water for 6 plants

Doc can get HB stuff for leafy veggies and plants..:)

Hey Pak I'd pick a indica dominant and focus on long long veg in that situation

Just an idea.

Hey Pak....i'm with Dutty here....just look at my Mazar's (long veg time) .the leaf i took off them was just rediculous.Bags and bags of very healthy green leaves. They just had soo much i had no choice but to continually prune them.Have a great day guys. Cheers.:high-five:

Any thoughts doc?

Back
Top Bottom