Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Seems I had the same issues when I was in early veg. I can't be sure but pretty sure it was from not letting the pots dry out and the roots staying saturated. The roots aren't happy. What I gather is they either need time in the new soil to recover and if that has not happened for you yet after 10 to 14 days then a rescue Drench would be my next step in trying to amend the problem.

But if you'd looking for technical, that's about as much as I can give you bud. I'm sure you have or will get much more than what I may have spilt out .

I am using the 2 gal felt pots and then up-potting to 7 gal plastic. (this run anyway)

Something I noticed is when I up-potted (I just cut the old felt pot off)
there were no exposed roots, seems felt pots restrict that through air pruning.

ANYWAY getting to the point, when I up pot there are no roots to disturb and
the plants have yet to show any transplant issues at all

EDIT:
I am hoping the step up with the 2 gal felt instead of the 1 gal plastic,
considering the Air-Prunning, I am still getting a 1 gallon Root Mass

I am using the 2 gal felt pots and then up-potting to 7 gal plastic. (this run anyway)

Something I noticed is when I up-potted (I just cut the old felt pot off)
there were no exposed roots, seems felt pots restrict that through air pruning.

ANYWAY getting to the point, when I up pot there are no roots to disturb and
the plants have yet to show any transplant issues at all

Hey Gazoo,..hows all brotha! Ya with any type of 'air pruning pot' (like i use too)you will NEVER see coiling bigger roots...NEVER...as air pruning causes a very fine network of branch circuit (sorry about the electrical comparison)roots that DO NOT circle the pots perimeter.
IMO this is the best root system. It seems to be working for me.....my plants love my 'Rootbuilder" pots!Cheers Gazoo, 7 and friends!:high-five:

Seems I had the same issues when I was in early veg. I can't be sure but pretty sure it was from not letting the pots dry out and the roots staying saturated. The roots aren't happy. What I gather is they either need time in the new soil to recover and if that has not happened for you yet after 10 to 14 days then a rescue Drench would be my next step in trying to amend the problem.

But if you'd looking for technical, that's about as much as I can give you bud. I'm sure you have or will get much more than what I may have spilt out .

They looked wet to me too, when I first saw them, but I figured BrixNewb knew better, so ...

I've had 'em go yoogly like that on me when I've left them in 1.5 gallon pots too long. Once I upcanned (no special drenches) they recovered within days.

I hear a lot of Rescue Drench talk - be careful, folks. It's all about the soil, not the plant. If everything else is fine and the plants look awful, if they have enough soil, if you haven't waterlogged them, if the environmentals are correct, then sure, try a strong drench. But that's probably not your issue, y'know?

:Namaste:

They are currently in one gallon pots and before that they were clones in perlite, so not a ton of transplanting going on. Here are full images:

DSC_0001129.JPG

DSC_0002160.JPG

DSC_0003160.JPG

DSC_0004156.JPG

Ah...clones in perlite. You went from hydro roots with no microbial action to living soil. It's gonna take a bit for the roots to re-tool and re-orient to the very new and different environment. Makes perfect sense with the history.

Yeah, I am familiar with the remedies, was just hoping someone might know the cause so I could try and avoid it rather than fix it.

The clones were in perlite....so they had hydro roots. Taking out of perlite and into living soil is a huge shock to them and it will take some time for the roots to get all hitched up with the biota. Trim them up to the top 3 or 4 nodes, Transplant drench and wait a week.

Look to the new growth.

Sup Brix gang!

So I recently did my first cat drench last Saturday 8/12. My mixture was:

3 gallons of water + 10 mls of cat drench +1ml of tea.

I noticed this morning that the bigger fan leaves's tips are brown and curling downwards.

A quick google search indicates nute burn/ Nitrogen toxicity (too much N).

Do you think this is the case since the only thing I've done differently is the Cat drench?

Temps have been between 77-82 during the day, and 70-72 at night with around 55% humidity. They still get their weekly brix spray, but that is it. In addition to doing the first cat drench, i also top dressed with recharge as well. Any ideas/solutions?

here are some pics of the tips of the leaves with the slight claws

20170815_132029.jpg

20170815_132016.jpg

20170815_132007.jpg

Sup Brix gang!

So I recently did my first cat drench last Saturday 8/12. My mixture was:

3 gallons of water + 10 mls of cat drench +1ml of tea.

I noticed this morning that the bigger fan leaves's tips are brown and curling downwards.

A quick google search indicates nute burn/ Nitrogen toxicity (too much N).

Do you think this is the case since the only thing I've done differently is the Cat drench?

Temps have been between 77-82 during the day, and 70-72 at night with around 55% humidity. They still get their weekly brix spray, but that is it. In addition to doing the first cat drench, i also top dressed with recharge as well. Any ideas/solutions?

here are some pics of the tips of the leaves with the slight claws

20170815_132029.jpg

20170815_132016.jpg

20170815_132007.jpg

they'll be fine....give 'em a nice drink of nothing but water after the next Cat Drench. Wait till the pots are light before the second Cat. If you must dribble a pint or so of water on the top to keep things uniform as the soil dries out, feel free.

Next grow, you're going to develop a better root system in veg and things will be much better.

on top of the Cat drench/recharge top dressing, I also did a Brix spray...I'm guessing I should hold off 10 days till the next Brix spray right?

Yeah that might have been a lot to hit them with all-at-once, especially with a smaller plant. Stronger roots are key :)

But also, I like to stagger the Cat Drench so that it's paired with a De-Stress the day after, not a Brix if I can avoid it. Just what I do, by no means the 'right' way. Your plants look like they will finish out just fine with a touch of love! Cheers :volcano-smiley:

--Stoney

Appreciate you chiming in on this. I have always let them get too dry in the past and am in the process of not letting them get crazy dry. No matter how they look in veg they have always made it to the finish line and produced 2-4 ounces for me with the smoke being top quality, so I can't complain, just looking to improve.

They looked wet to me too, when I first saw them, but I figured BrixNewb knew better, so ...

I've had 'em go yoogly like that on me when I've left them in 1.5 gallon pots too long. Once I upcanned (no special drenches) they recovered within days.

I hear a lot of Rescue Drench talk - be careful, folks. It's all about the soil, not the plant. If everything else is fine and the plants look awful, if they have enough soil, if you haven't waterlogged them, if the environmentals are correct, then sure, try a strong drench. But that's probably not your issue, y'know?

:Namaste:

Yeah, I will drench them heavy next time and I am sure they will be just fine. I appreciate you jumping in there, been a while! Good to see you.

Ah...clones in perlite. You went from hydro roots with no microbial action to living soil. It's gonna take a bit for the roots to re-tool and re-orient to the very new and different environment. Makes perfect sense with the history.

"Biota" I hope to be come quite family!! Yup, new soil, takes time. We must be patient.

Ok, that makes sense. The kit always comes through for me, just want to get my technique down because I know I can really improve.

The plants aren't actually that small; I'm sure the phone cam does no justice at all but here are some additional photos: High brix is where it's at for real for real.

20170812_163416.jpg

20170810_222032.jpg

20170806_223154.jpg

Back
Top Bottom