Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Puffer, evenin to ya. For watering and stuff. Let your soil dry out in veg. to build a strong root system and keep the soil moist during bloom. The type of soil really has little to do with it. Cheers.
Yea Duggan, I've always let them dry out in bloom, but now I find out, that's wrong. this is a perfect example of teaching an old dog, new tricks !! Do you think i need to wait till these two gal pots are eating every day, before transplanting to my 10 gal. bags.They're circling the walls of the 2 gal pot, but not a solid root ball, like I'd like them. They're eating every 4 days now.

Puffer, Oh, i see,.. yes, and think of things this way...when you drive thru the city and see flower beds all over,...they are always much happier , healthier and vibrant if we've had a lot of rain. The soil has been kept moist and micro organisms thrive . When we don't get much rain , those same flower beds look tired and under watered..but they're alive.
The reason we let the soil in our containers dry out in veg is to make the roots look for water, go searching, building a strong network. In Bloom the root system is strong and can support a healthy canopy, very important .
About your situation,...if they were mine, i would transplant them into your 'finals' at your earliest convenience. Fill the pots up to the very top , but don't pad down . waiting until they need water every day is best ,..i guess, but TBH , i've never done it that way. I always transplant at my convenience , ..but, i also have very big 'finals' and can afford to have them veg a bit before flip. cheers

Thanks Duggan !! I'm waiting for the 10 gal bags to show up , probably Monday now, and soil has been cooking for about 5 weeks. The two month old clone that I planted into my cooked soil 6 days ago is thriving now. I see folks getting good results using only water, but we'll see ? Thanks in advance for any help.

Just had to post this one here, too...Day #34 of 12/12 :yummy: :

full

Jesus man

Can any1 tell my why my clones keep failing I've tried in hb soil and with plain PM. I've taken cuts both in veg and flower. Here is my latest clone attempt in plain PM n I gave it a trans drench then put roots powder in the hole and took cuts from my amnesia lemon and put them in here. Also do u need light for clones to start to make roots? Idk if u do or not but I got alittle cfl light bulb in there with them an since I dont got a dome I gave them some destress at half strength to help root faster and I spray dwn with plain ro water acouple of times a day since I got no lid to help keep humid. But atleast my pepper plants are on point and b4 I transplanted them they were all poking up in the air praying to the led light the ps dwarf lmao. Now I got em in front of the cfl while they heal up from the transplant.

Can any1 tell my why my clones keep failing I've tried in hb soil and with plain PM. I've taken cuts both in veg and flower. Here is my latest clone attempt in plain PM n I gave it a trans drench then put roots powder in the hole and took cuts from my amnesia lemon and put them in here. Also do u need light for clones to start to make roots? Idk if u do or not but I got alittle cfl light bulb in there with them an since I dont got a dome I gave them some destress at half strength to help root faster and I spray dwn with plain ro water acouple of times a day since I got no lid to help keep humid. But atleast my pepper plants are on point and b4 I transplanted them they were all poking up in the air praying to the led light the ps dwarf lmao. Now I got em in front of the cfl while they heal up from the transplant.

Hi Blaze,

Nice harvest on the GG auto. Those buds look nice and frosty.

On your clone issues, here are some techniques that work for me with 95%+ success.

I have great success with rapid rooter plugs, they are preformed peat plugs, they come in a tray with a dome that has little adjustable air vents at the top. I pre-soak all the plugs with pure filtered water only. I take my cuts from the lower section of my mother plant right before flip, dip them in rooting hormone powder or gel, and insert them in the plugs. I place the dome over the tray, and put the tray on top of a seedling heating mat. Every day I add a little pure water to the bottom of the tray to keep 1/8 inch of water there, and every other day lightly spray with 25-50% strength destress. I’ll get roots in 5-12 days. Then after roots have formed, I up pot to 1’s, fill pot with cooked soil, thoroughly water with 50% strength TP, dust the hole in the soil with our kit roots powder, and plant the rooted plugs, under the lights they go. The plants will take off.

Note: Do not use the kit Roots! Powder on your fresh cuts, but buy rooting hormone powder or gel instead. It is not necessary but success and time to root goes up when it is used.

The dome is important to maintain a high 80%+ RH, and the heating mat keeps them about 10*f warmer than the ambient air temps. Cold cuttings don’t root.

If you want to use kit soil, I have good success filling a 1gal pot with cooked soil, watering with pure filtered water very heavily, like a gallon for each pot, lots of run off to help tame any hotness in the soil. (You could also use strait PM, but I like the cooked soil. ) With the soil water logged, I take my cutting, dip in root hormone powder (not the kit root powder- I use that powder for cuttings and plants that have already rooted) and stick the cutting in the soil. I like 2-3 inch of stem in the soil. I take my cuttings with sterile sharp trimming clippers or a razor at a 45 degree angle. Then take a clear bag and put over the pot with an elastic band, poke a few small air holes, just like a dome it will hold a high humidity level. Put on a heating mat, under flor. lights and they will root. Maybe a few light destress 25% sprays every 2-3 days. With the soil water logged, and the dome I never need to add water when they are rooting. Once I see new growth start in a week or two, I remove the bag dome and heating mat, and water only after they are feather light. If I do this technique I will scratch in some kit roots powder after I see them growing.

I personally like the rapid rooters, quick, compact, and easy. Once you buy the rapid rooter tray kit, next time you only need to buy the bag of rapid root plugs, as you already have the tray and dome.

Note that I never used any kit products in the water, just pure filtered water for clones.

Once you get it down it’s a breeze!

Good luck Blaze

Clones like high humidity and you had that really low RH. Use a humidity dome and you should be fine on the clones! ;)

Clones like high humidity and you had that really low RH. Use a humidity dome and you should be fine on the clones! ;)

Yea I used to use my bare roots hydro cloner to do clones an I would spray dwn clones with ro water 3 to 4 times a day. An maybe it being hydro an being sprayed dwn tht was why my clones used to work but now in soil dieing off maybe idk but hopefully today I'll have my new cloner an it will have a lid an little port/vent holes on top tht can slide more open as I need it.

Yea I used to use my bare roots hydro cloner to do clones an I would spray dwn clones with ro water 3 to 4 times a day. An maybe it being hydro an being sprayed dwn tht was why my clones used to work but now in soil dieing off maybe idk but hopefully today I'll have my new cloner an it will have a lid an little port/vent holes on top tht can slide more open as I need it.
Hey blazin, so what I would do next time if you don’t have the ability to purchase cloning items, would be to soak the soil in that pan you are using with RO or filtered water, then put your clones in and cover with plastic bag. That way you have humidity you have soaked soil to help your Clones root. If I were you I would just toss the ones you have in that photo because they look like they are dead. I wouldn’t waste time trying to bring those back to health. Just take new clones and keep them warm and humid.

IHG DOLATO - DAY #53 OF 12/12 - FIRST RUN SOIL

full

full

Lol man magoo was right lol. These r so good dude u shud jus be a promoter for IHG. They cuould jus give u seeds to run an they just put ur pics up lol. Cause if this isnt good enuf to convince people to go get there gear then they must be a blind person :rofl: But yea brother congrats on those beauties u got there got me :drool:over here better get me a mop lol.

Hey blazin, so what I would do next time if you don’t have the ability to purchase cloning items, would be to soak the soil in that pan you are using with RO or filtered water, then put your clones in and cover with plastic bag. That way you have humidity you have soaked soil to help your Clones root. If I were you I would just toss the ones you have in that photo because they look like they are dead. I wouldn’t waste time trying to bring those back to health. Just take new clones and keep them warm and humid.

Ok so they were out of the dam bucket box deal for clones so I'll end up trying ur idea. So would I be better off with a clear/white bag or should i use a black bag? Also do I need light at this stage or should I turn it off? Cause I got a cfl going in there all the time cause my timer I had for my old cloning area broke. But I can get another if needed jus wondering what I should do light wise lol. Thanx tho for all the help it very much appreciated brotha :Namaste:

I swear, I didn't do anything and it wasn't me! :oops: Something is funky with the kit soil and it's making all my plants look sugar coated! Doc says it's some kind of trichome problem and I've just been trying to nurse them to finish! :rofl:

What’s your environment for going on?

Sorry, Brother! I'm not sure I understand your exact question. Are you asking me about temp & RH??? If so, it's about 70* F night, 78*F day & 45% RH. If not, please clarify and I'll do my best to answer! ;)

@Mr. Krip :bravo:

Those pics are advertising worthy! Even for In House! Good job brother.

Lol man magoo was right lol. These r so good dude u shud jus be a promoter for IHG. They cuould jus give u seeds to run an they just put ur pics up lol. Cause if this isnt good enuf to convince people to go get there gear then they must be a blind person :rofl: But yea brother congrats on those beauties u got there got me :drool:over here better get me a mop lol.

Thanks, guys! :thanks: I've actually sent some of the Dolato & Forbidos pics off to In-House and told them I'd love to be a strain tester for them! ;)

Not sure I've posted any of the Forbidos pics on this thread since the Dolatos pretty much make everything pale in comparison, but here's one of the Forbidos from last night, which would be a winner in any of my other (non-Dolato!) grows!:

full

Well bred in-house genetics + Doc’s Kit + Krip’s Care=
:theband:OUTSTANDING BUDS!!:headbanger:

:bravo:
Awesome job Mr. Krip. The kit makes us all look like pros. Have you run any older cuts you've had for a while in kit soil yet? It would be nice to get a comparison, I've been in the kit since my 2nd grow and I didn't clone in my 1st so I never got to compare.

Thanks, guys! Brother Neikodog is 420% correct about the kit! I like to consider myself a pretty knowledeable and experienced grower but the truth is that none of that has really come into play. I just have my environment pretty well dialed in and, assuming your environment is good, you follow the kit directions, and don't mis-measure or forget to feed, you're gonna' get some great results. If you start with great genetics, the results will be stellar!

Unfortunately, when I had to take my grow down, I had to get rid of all my moms :rip::( so the oldest cuts I have right now are the Tut & Blackwater from the last round! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom