Dresney's First Grow - Organic - Indoor - GDP - Trainwreck

Excitement may make for great reading but boring is great! :thumb:

To clear up any confusion, these are my darlings today.

I think they're rocking at day 15. :theband::rocker::headbanger::joint:

GDP
GDP1028131.JPG

GDP1028132.JPG

Trainwreck
TW1028131.JPG
TW1028132.JPG

Still haven't fed them anything. They seem to be happy. It's been a pleasantly boring grow so far :wood:

Looking good Dresney :goodjob:

A 420 Queen not dude...

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I'm really happy with how things are going, and I think I've gotten over most of my grow anxiety.

I've been letting them do their own thing with just a small watering every 3-4 days. I decided on a high vermiculite/perlite mix specifically for safeguarding against the noob-tendency to overwater, and I'm really happy I did that. The water just drains straight through the medium - no soaking really. Sometimes I worry that my plants are too dry, but they seem to like it that way.

A 420 Queen not dude...
Hehe, thanks, Reg! I always feel odd correcting people on that. I'm not sure why :high-five:

I've been letting them do their own thing with just a small watering every 3-4 days. I decided on a high vermiculite/perlite mix specifically for safeguarding against the noob-tendency to overwater, and I'm really happy I did that. The water just drains straight through the medium - no soaking really. Sometimes I worry that my plants are too dry, but they seem to like it that way.

You're 100% correct, may-or-not be Rachel. Pot does not grow in swamps. It does drink heavily once it gets going, and it loves light, but it does not grow in bogs. The Greenhouse seeds guys have a series of videos called strain hunters. You can find them on you-tube. They travel around the world in search of native cannabis strains. If you watch those videos and see where the wild pot grows, you will never see them put on Wellington boots and wade around in muck when they are looking at fields of pot. Never. Some of the areas get a lot of rain, but often the plants are growing on steep slopes. The soil is frequently volcanic and drains well.

In soil, grow the plants in a medium that drains well. Water them until some seeps out the drain holes. Let them go until they start to look a little droopy. Soak them well... yada yada yada. Very impressed that you pay attention to what they like!

Hey Dresney, good evening, I was thinking that since you were rooting for my GDP X Purple Cheese baby, maybe you should have the honor of naming it. Even though the sex is unknown, I want it to have a female name, maybe something purple related?

Wow, thanks, Peejay. That makes me feel reassured in what I'm doing so far. I'm going to check out those videos. I've seen them mentioned a few times now and every time I get visions of Indiana Jones searching the jungle for the ever-elusive, rare strain of marijuana that not is only extremely potent, but is also undetectable by any drug test. (I'm :joint: right now.)

Dank - omg, I'm absolutely flattered! Give me a night to attempt some creativity and I will let you know tomorrow. I'll keep purple in mind. It's funny - I haven't named mine yet, but the idea of naming yours is more fun :goof:

Happy tokes to all :green_heart:

PS - Thanks for all the reps today, everyone. Coming back at ya ;)

Those videos are sort of cheezy. The GH seeds guys are... Well watch and you'll see. They give some great insight into the conditions we try to replicate often in containers and indoors too. If I ever grow a purple girl I'm going to name her Violet Beauregard. lol

(originally posted by PJ)You're 100% correct, may-or-not be Rachel.
See, you can tell PJ reads Not just looks & I agree with him on the fact that your paying attention to what they like. That's why your the only God-Mommy this side of the equator.
:circle-of-love: The circle of love continues.

Hehe, thanks, Reg! I always feel odd correcting people on that. I'm not sure why :high-five:
Don't worry about it. I got this! :tokin:

No disrespect intended but if we read instead of just looking these threads make a lot more since. They definitely become a lot easier to follow my friend. ...EDIT ...This was not directed at you alone.

Yes I read the journal from start to finish. No confusion on the part. Thanks.

If I ever grow a purple girl I'm going to name her Violet Beauregard. lol

Ha, and I will be there to say, "You're turning violet, Violet!" :rofl:

See, you can tell PJ reads Not just looks & I agree with him on the fact that your paying attention to what they like. That's why your the only God-Mommy this side of the equator.
:circle-of-love: The circle of love continues.

Don't worry about it. I got this! :tokin:

Awww, Reg. :kiss: I tinkered around with germing some old bagseed before this grow and didn't have any luck. I was thinking of throwing the rest of them out, but in the spirit of your journal I decided to sprinkle them around the neighborhood instead. If even just one of the ~40 seeds pops, it will be a tribute to Laverne and Shirley aka Steve. :circle-of-love:

And thanks, Dyold! Your ladies are looking mighty fine too :clap:

You should have saved a few. They would've been good to practice a few techniques. Laverne says she appreciates the tribute.
:thanks:

It's been a pleasantly boring grow so far :wood:

Happy to hear your enjoying your journey so far, Dresney! Your little girls look gorgeous and certainly seem to enjoy the environment you've created for them. Congrats!!!

Picture day. :partyboy:

Day 20

GDP - Pascalle
GDP1102131.JPG
gdp1102133.JPG

Trainwreck - Loretta
TW1102133.JPG
TW1102135.JPG

The CFLs are making the color look wonky in some of them.

It's been pretty smooth sailing so far. I'm starting to think about topping or LST. I doubt I'll top though, just because they're so cute and tiny and beautiful and I love them just the way they are! :love::love::love:

Besides gardening, it's been a rough few days. I got my first migraine (with aura - talk about unsettling!) two days ago. I seriously underestimated those and now really understand that it's not just a 'bad headache'. And as the mysterious ways of the world work, I ran out of :joint: earlier that day, so I couldn't even see if it helped! I'm finally starting to feel like myself again, and I'm going to visit some friends today, so it'll be a great day! :thumb:

Oh, I also chose some names for my ladies. GDP is Pascalle and Trainwreck is Loretta. Any fans know which show those names came from?

I think that's it for now. Have a great day and keep 'em green :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom