Dresney's First Grow - Organic - Indoor - GDP - Trainwreck

Re: Dresney's First Grow - Organic/Indoor - GDP, Trainwreck

ill be keeping my fingers crossed for you, its certainly a very nice strain, i was hoping to get a female so i could produce a load of fem gdp seeds, but wasnt to be so i used the pollen to create a new strain, gdp x purple cheese auto, most of the seeds i planted are not auto but i got a couple that turned out auto so ill be working on creating an auto gdp cheese and a regular gdp cheese.

ive got some in flower now and took a clone from the strongest female so i can back cross with to bring that pheno out and hopefully make it stable, but a few grows from that just yet, but im very pleased with the results from just the first cross, the auto wasnt all that big but it produced some nice potent bud, so cant wait to sample the bud and hoepfully its as good as the purple cheese bud or maybe its better because of the gdp genes in its make up, it seems to be flowering well and should produce well.

it wasnt something i planned but i kept growing males so kept the strongest one then collected pollen, all i had that i could cross it with at the time was a purple cheese auto, so thought id give it a try and see what happens, so far its looking good

Re: Dresney's First Grow - Organic/Indoor - GDP, Trainwreck

I'm so envious of your breeding endeavors. It's definitely a goal of mine in the future, but I have a ton of setup work cut out for me before I'm ready for that. Maybe a greenhouse will be in my future :idea:

I guess for now I'm going to look for some good books on breeding and plant structure. Those who can't do.... can read? :geek:

I wasn't going to post an update today because I didn't feel like much had changed, but once I got fresh pictures next to those from three days ago, I can see a lot of growth :headbanger:

I think they're beautiful, but I may be biased.

Day 9 for both of them.

GDP
GDP1022131.JPG

Trainwreck
TW1022131.JPG

I watered them a little today. I might do something to tinker with humidity - it's down to 38%. I'll probably just wait it out since it may rain soon and my basement humidity fluctuates quite a bit with the weather.

Ok, now back to BSG and :lot-o-toke:

:green_heart:

Yes I also see growth. For Day 9 they're pretty big. :thumb:

Very nice, our seedlings seem to be keeping pace with each other, about the same age and size. I use a humidifier in the room, keeps RH between 50% and 60%, works real well. Only thing is the temp drops with the humidifier on, so I use a small heater when lights are off.

ive never used anything to control humidity, i know its pretty high at times but im pretty confident it has more to do with the strain than the humidity,

i know high humidity in flowering can cause pm issues and possibly bud rot but so far ive not had any issues,

its also suggested that a lower humidity in flower produces more trichs, i know greenhouse seeds reduce the humidity 2 or 3 times during the flower period so its really low towards harvest, but i get plants covered in trichs with high humidity levels, so again im sure its more strain related that it is humidity related, maybe i could increase trich by lowering humidity but ive not got any plants to buy a dehumid machine unless i find one or come across one very cheap, im happy with the results i get so not messed around with it yet.

so ill see how you get along with it and see the kind of results you get, its just something ive not tried to change atthe moment,

I have a widow mount A/C unit that has a dehumidifier function, gets the RH down to 25%, and cost me about $75 at a pawn shop. Also helps with temps in the summer, and you can turn the dehumidifier function off.
ive never used anything to control humidity, i know its pretty high at times but im pretty confident it has more to do with the strain than the humidity,

i know high humidity in flowering can cause pm issues and possibly bud rot but so far ive not had any issues,

its also suggested that a lower humidity in flower produces more trichs, i know greenhouse seeds reduce the humidity 2 or 3 times during the flower period so its really low towards harvest, but i get plants covered in trichs with high humidity levels, so again im sure its more strain related that it is humidity related, maybe i could increase trich by lowering humidity but ive not got any plants to buy a dehumid machine unless i find one or come across one very cheap, im happy with the results i get so not messed around with it yet.

so ill see how you get along with it and see the kind of results you get, its just something ive not tried to change atthe moment,

thats a pretty decent price, chances are it would cost double that here though or even 3 times as much, ill have to have a look around, its not the kind of thing thats widely sold here though, so chances are prices will be high due to this,

i know many years ago when i was living at home my mom had a dehumid machine, but this was a small white thing that buzzed when it was on, it was about half the size of a shoe box,

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. Things are moving along well enough.

I'm still trying to figure what my 'normal humidity' is. A few days ago I wanted to raise the temperature a bit and I turned on a small electric heater for about 8 hours. The temperature went up by about 8 degrees, and the humidity lowered by about 15-20%. The humidity has stayed low since then (~3 days). I'm wondering if I sucked all the moisture out of my house in that 8 hours or if I would have experienced a drop without the heater due to weather changes. We'll see what happens over the next few days, but I probably won't mess with it unless it's extreme.

it is important to note that at x temperature the relative humidity is 38% but as the air is warmed to Y temperature the relative humidity decreases to 15%-20%, this is normal. you may consider a cool mist humidifier for where the air intake is located.

Back
Top Bottom