Duggan Does ACE's A5 Killer Haze & A5 x Panama, Tester Strain, In DBHBB

I've been running the exact same vivosun fan as that 24hrs a day for almost 3 week straight . So far Its working great. I do wish the had one more lower setting, and the oscillation motor isnt up to much if the fan is mounted on to steep of an angle it just sits in ine spot and goes clickity clickity clickity clickity. Other than that its a great fan for the price.
Are you talking about the new model or the old? I know that clickity sound exactly....it isn't real strong and if it has any resistance whatsoever it stops it from turning. For $30 it is as good as it gets though I think.

Are you talking about the new model or the old? I know that clickity sound exactly....it isn't real strong and if it has any resistance whatsoever it stops it from turning. For $30 it is as good as it gets though I think.
Lol I have no clue, its whatever model they sent when I ordered. :laugh:

Lol I have no clue, its whatever model they sent when I ordered. :laugh:
The big difference is the clamp on the new one has two "V" shapes that are made for poles....the old model is just flat and more suitable for something flat like a desk. Not sure if there are any other differences with the actual fan. I have the old model and it just slips on the poles. It needs some support to stay where I want it. I am using some jute rope to position it where I want it. Otherwise it slides down and the back rubs against the tent and it does that clickity thing.
20190524_190819-01.jpeg

The big difference is the clamp on the new one has two "V" shapes that are made for poles....the old model is just flat and more suitable for something flat like a desk. Not sure if there are any other differences with the actual fan. I have the old model and it just slips on the poles. It needs some support to stay where I want it. I am using some jute rope to position it where I want it. Otherwise it slides down and the back rubs against the tent and it does that clickity thing.
20190524_190819-01.jpeg
Yeah then mine is the old style too. My tent doesnt have those horizontal bars halfway up so I have mine clamped to the vertical poles in the corner. It seems to clamp ok but I also have mine tied in place with string.

Hey Duggar’s, glad to hear your delivery already got there! Damn you just decided to buy that fan what yesterday? Day before? Awesome.
Your AC sounds like a nice upgrade. I wonder, will you just rely on the units built-in thermostat to control it? You run your lights on period during the nighttime right? Still getting hot? Must’ve warmed up quick in your little slice of heaven up there.

Duggan, have you considered cooling the entire basement?

I've been thinking about putting a small A/C in one of my window-well windows. :hmmmm:

EDIT...FYI gang..i found a fan...it's a Vivosun , 6 inch oscillating ...but its 46 dollars....has anyone used this fan or know if its worth that kinda cash?
EDIT again....ok, just checked more closely ...that fan is also available cheaper , at 30 bucks without that fancy 'pole clamp'. It also comes with just a flat style clamp which is wat i need anyhow...yeepa, just ordered one. I will let everyone know how it works. Cheers.

I just caught this edit now.....and it answers my last question. That is exactly the same one I got going right now. It was the one we were talking about having the loud "CLICK" every time it switched directions. Whatever that was worked itself out after a night of running and it has been silent ever since.

I bought one of those too. I’m returning it tho - i thought it was crap!o_O But maybe that’s my lack of experience showing :hmmmm: It had a terrible wind up and down thing in the motor when in oscillation mode which made so much noise... lie an engine tryin to get uphill and then down and the speed of the fan would go waaay fast and then waaay slow. Seemed to be labouring a lot. Also the low setting was almost as fast and hard as the high setting. It felt to me like it would break any second. Apart from anything else, it is just too noisy for me.

Anyway - I’m glad you all find it ok. You sparkys in here, is there anything about the mains power supply that could cause the motor to wind up and down like that? Or is it something faulty in the fan motor making that happen? :Namaste:

I bought one of those too. I’m returning it tho - i thought it was crap!o_O But maybe that’s my lack of experience showing :hmmmm: It had a terrible wind up and down thing in the motor when in oscillation mode which made so much noise... lie an engine tryin to get uphill and then down and the speed of the fan would go waaay fast and then waaay slow. Seemed to be labouring a lot. Also the low setting was almost as fast and hard as the high setting. It felt to me like it would break any second. Apart from anything else, it is just too noisy for me.

Anyway - I’m glad you all find it ok. You sparkys in here, is there anything about the mains power supply that could cause the motor to wind up and down like that? Or is it something faulty in the fan motor making that happen? :Namaste:
Your completely right....it is crap, but it's working well enough until I can find something better. Your fan sounds like it is not functioning like normal though. Like I said before, mine was really, really loud out of the box.....but sorted itself out and became silent. I imagine whatever was causing the friction just wore out. The low setting is quite fast also, but I don't see a big issue with the strength so far.

I think it would be worth considering exchanging it and see if the next one works better.

The only situation I can imagine, with regards to a possible problem with the main power supply, would be if you had applied incorrect voltage. Sounds like the fan was a dud.

I’m curious, you folks looking for oscillating fans, why not just get a tower fan? The amount of floor space they take up is pretty negligible and they are usually better made than the el cheapo 6 inch fans.
If I upgrade, I’ll be looking to try a couple of these:
B78876D3-F8E0-4978-B3B2-1F29C8FC0A3E.jpeg

Tower fans may take up little floor space but i can say this, however much that is....its too much.We all want the smallest fan pissible . .and be put, up and out of the way.
Thanks for the idea though Archie.
Just wanted to mention, i had the pleasure of trying another members Malawi X Panama last night....very nice buzz....thank you Hook..... :high-five:

Tower fans may take up little floor space but i can say this, however much that is....its too much.We all want the smallest fan pissible . .and be put, up and out of the way.
Thanks for the idea though Archie.
Just wanted to mention, i had the pleasure of trying another members Malawi X Panama last night....very nice buzz....thank you Hook..... :high-five:

I'm considering tower fans, turned on their sides, attached to the light. :)

Something else just came to mind. The fan itself does not need to oscillate if it has moving vanes. ;)

The only situation I can imagine, with regards to a possible problem with the main power supply, would be if you had applied incorrect voltage. Sounds like the fan was a dud.

I’m curious, you folks looking for oscillating fans, why not just get a tower fan? The amount of floor space they take up is pretty negligible and they are usually better made than the el cheapo 6 inch fans.
If I upgrade, I’ll be looking to try a couple of these:
B78876D3-F8E0-4978-B3B2-1F29C8FC0A3E.jpeg
That’s my next try. I saw a great hack for putting a wall fan in a tent just using a long strip of ply wood hung from the frame. No floor space...

I just haven’t found one smaller than 40cm (16”) so that one is interesting. Likely it’s only 120v ac tho. I’m finding that every time I find a candidate, it’s for 120voltage only. The search continues. And in the meantime I use a standard domestic table fan and it works great! Super quiet and effective, but bulky and takes up space. I’ve got a couple of months of veg time to find a more compact solution ;)

Ima look into that one, thanks archi :Namaste:

That’s my next try. I saw a great hack for putting a wall fan in a tent just using a long strip of ply wood hung from the frame. No floor space...

I just haven’t found one smaller than 40cm (16”) so that one is interesting. Likely it’s only 120v ac tho. I’m finding that every time I find a candidate, it’s for 120voltage only. The search continues. And in the meantime I use a standard domestic table fan and it works great! Super quiet and effective, but bulky and takes up space. I’ve got a couple of months of veg time to find a more compact solution ;)

This might be the relevant post. I used 3/4" nylon cable clamps as the slides. They work for 5/8" (16mm) poles, but were too tight for the 3/4" (19mm) poles in my new tent. The fans were just clip on desk fans that I removed the clip from.

Your welcome AG! I hope it helps :hug:

This might be the relevant post. I used 3/4" nylon cable clamps as the slides. They work for 5/8" (16mm) poles, but were too tight for the 3/4" (19mm) poles in my new tent. The fans were just clip on desk fans that I removed the clip from.
Actually it was this... ;)

But your hack is a good one as well :Namaste:

I’m wondering why you don’t use wall fans Duggs :hmmmm:... seeing as you have walls...

Your welcome AG! I hope it helps :hug:
It’s a 120v only. Another one eliminated ;)

...Glad you enjoyed it...it's a good go for a walk smoke...listen to the sounds of whatever is out there... ;):eek::rofl:...cheerz...h00k...:high-five:...gonna be home tomorrow after 6 days...hope my 4 "kit" girlz are up and healthy...h00k...:hookah:...

Back
Top Bottom