Duggan Does Ace's A5 x Malawi & Thai Chi In DBHBB

Go with Doc ................ :peace:

Well, I should warn him what he's up against.

First of all, Uruguay is the first country to legalize Cannabis. Anywhere you are permitted to smoke, you can smoke weed, including and especially at the finest restaurants, beaches, parks, etc.

The fact that most of the food is organic and fresh is troublesome for folks who are used to eating highly processed foods.

For example, in the USA fast food ranges from McD's to Panda Express. But in Uruguay, "fast" food is a Chivito...fresh cooked steak, bacon, ham, lettuce, tomato and fried egg between two pieces of perfectly toasted flat bread. It's not as fast and not as processed as what we're used to.

Dinner out is very risky. First of all, we like to eat after 10PM and the menu is severely restricted based on what's in season, what was caught that day, etc. Of course, when all else fails you can always choose the grass-fed, organic beef----usually limited to 6-8 cuts----all expertly BBQ'd on a wood fire.

Wine. Yes. The water is also drinkable everywhere in the country, no exceptions.

The people are literally the nicest, most polite, civilized people I've ever met. And the women are incredibly good looking.....shockingly so. The men are too, I'm told.
A typical day consists of wake and bake, light breakfast and mate......roll a couple.....maybe smoke one.....then start the long 2 mile walk down the beach to the produce lady.....then we turn back and hit the butcher.....get a cup of coffee perhaps while waiting for him to trim and wrap our steaks.....then trudge home on dirt roads to put it all away.

Then we smoke and maybe lay out by the pool or walk down the street to Bikini Beach and get some lunch.....or not. Or maybe walk to one of a dozen other restaurants and do the same. Typical lunches are 12 oz steaks, fries and a half bottle of wine shared between two. You can also get fresh fish if you get tired off grass-fed ribeyes with chimichurri.

Then, maybe go for a swim, or get sidetracked talking to someone.....or a group of friends come over and decide to BBQ that night which means we might need to hang out and smoke for a few hours, eat a late lunch, sip some mate.....and light the BBQ about 9PM. By 10PM we're stuck grilling up all kinds of meats, vegetables, pizza, omelettes and often desert.

This kind of crap can go on till 1 AM. Then we sleep and do pretty much the same thing tomorrow.

If a person gets sick of all this living, they can take a drive to hot springs, wine country, surfing, SUP, horse back riding, etc. You can even go watch a polo match and look at rich Argentines.

We have a great group of friends there, some of whom are now family, so there's no loneliness to contend with.

In short, it sucks. I don't know why we keep going there. I don't know why we bought property there. Just a bunch of weed smoking hippies who eat well and build fires all the time.....

If you want to know what it's really like, Anthony Bourdain did an episode there right before his mysterious death. Except for one part where kids are marching the street, he absolutely NAILS what life is like in Uruguay. So, if you watch that and like it, that's pretty much what we'll be doing there, including eating at some of the same places Tony did.

So, it's not all that great. (some sarcasm was used in this post)

Well, I should warn him what he's up against.

First of all, Uruguay is the first country to legalize Cannabis. Anywhere you are permitted to smoke, you can smoke weed, including and especially at the finest restaurants, beaches, parks, etc.

The fact that most of the food is organic and fresh is troublesome for folks who are used to eating highly processed foods.

For example, in the USA fast food ranges from McD's to Panda Express. But in Uruguay, "fast" food is a Chivito...fresh cooked steak, bacon, ham, lettuce, tomato and fried egg between two pieces of perfectly toasted flat bread. It's not as fast and not as processed as what we're used to.

Dinner out is very risky. First of all, we like to eat after 10PM and the menu is severely restricted based on what's in season, what was caught that day, etc. Of course, when all else fails you can always choose the grass-fed, organic beef----usually limited to 6-8 cuts----all expertly BBQ'd on a wood fire.

Wine. Yes. The water is also drinkable everywhere in the country, no exceptions.

The people are literally the nicest, most polite, civilized people I've ever met. And the women are incredibly good looking.....shockingly so. The men are too, I'm told.
A typical day consists of wake and bake, light breakfast and mate......roll a couple.....maybe smoke one.....then start the long 2 mile walk down the beach to the produce lady.....then we turn back and hit the butcher.....get a cup of coffee perhaps while waiting for him to trim and wrap our steaks.....then trudge home on dirt roads to put it all away.

Then we smoke and maybe lay out by the pool or walk down the street to Bikini Beach and get some lunch.....or not. Or maybe walk to one of a dozen other restaurants and do the same. Typical lunches are 12 oz steaks, fries and a half bottle of wine shared between two. You can also get fresh fish if you get tired off grass-fed ribeyes with chimichurri.

Then, maybe go for a swim, or get sidetracked talking to someone.....or a group of friends come over and decide to BBQ that night which means we might need to hang out and smoke for a few hours, eat a late lunch, sip some mate.....and light the BBQ about 9PM. By 10PM we're stuck grilling up all kinds of meats, vegetables, pizza, omelettes and often desert.

This kind of crap can go on till 1 AM. Then we sleep and do pretty much the same thing tomorrow.

If a person gets sick of all this living, they can take a drive to hot springs, wine country, surfing, SUP, horse back riding, etc. You can even go watch a polo match and look at rich Argentines.

We have a great group of friends there, some of whom are now family, so there's no loneliness to contend with.

In short, it sucks. I don't know why we keep going there. I don't know why we bought property there. Just a bunch of weed smoking hippies who eat well and build fires all the time.....

If you want to know what it's really like, Anthony Bourdain did an episode there right before his mysterious death. Except for one part where kids are marching the street, he absolutely NAILS what life is like in Uruguay. So, if you watch that and like it, that's pretty much what we'll be doing there, including eating at some of the same places Tony did.

So, it's not all that great. (some sarcasm was used in this post)

Sounds like paradise except for having to split my half bottle of wine for lunch. If I can get a full bottle to split, I'm in! (Note: I'd be in for two half bottles to split, too!) :rofl:

Sounds like paradise except for having to split my half bottle of wine for lunch. If I can get a full bottle to split, I'm in! (Note: I'd be in for two half bottles to split, too!) :rofl:

They have half, full and magnum sized bottles of wine. We like one good glass at lunch....about 3 PM....and then often a full bottle at dinner around 10-11PM. Beer too.

Oh...and when Uruguay scores a goal, we immediately run out the door onto the street shouting and waving the flag.

What is there to do to make a living...?

Most people work 4 months a year and somehow manage to get by and travel too.

Those who own property in certain areas, like Jose Ignacio, Punta Del Este and the beaches in between them can often make a years wages by renting their houses out for January and February, depending on the house and distance to the beach. This is our plan, along with running a 45 member cannabis dinner club.

Sending you all good vibes, Been there, done that, I never found a way to make people feel better other than talk. I found my partner God, always will have my back however low I go, just need a little time to ask for guidance . Still feeling Blessed even though I should have been gone 20 years ago. You can always come down Tampa way also...:thumb:

Most people work 4 months a year and somehow manage to get by and travel too.

Those who own property in certain areas, like Jose Ignacio, Punta Del Este and the beaches in between them can often make a years wages by renting their houses out for January and February, depending on the house and distance to the beach. This is our plan, along with running a 45 member cannabis dinner club.
That makes sense, is the price of living considerably lower there? And why only 45 members??? Lol

That makes sense, is the price of living considerably lower there? And why only 45 members??? Lol

Uruguay is probably the most expensive place in Latin America overall, and it has the highest standard of living and lowest crime rate....far lower than the USA.

I'd say the cost of living is on par with inexpensive states in the US, except it's beachfront property in Uruguay which would cost many millions of dollars for the equivalent thing here.

The way the law reads for cannabis is that everyone can grow 12 plants. Anyone can apply to run a club. Large cultivation operations are regulated differently.

With a club, I'll basically be growing for a dozen or so people which is not much different than what i do now.....except our pickup parties (where people come to get their share of the crop) will be dinner parties, not unlike what the wineries do here.

Between renting our house out and doing the club we should be able to produce enough income to live without too much trouble, given that "things" stay the same.

Can i please ask a few of you gang....maybe Ween,119,Krip,Gray...and anyone else...to pm a new member ...Leftout420,and give him a lil pep talk for using Docs kit?
He just got his first invoice ...up in Canada and the price shocked him.He is a newbiegrower and needs some guidance and help.
Got him on the kit but hes never used it before and is kind of lost..with our methods and stuff.I have been coaching him some and trying to set his mind at ease so to speak but if he hears this from ya'l it would help a lot ...im sure.
Thanks gang!

Can i please ask a few of you gang....maybe Ween,119,Krip,Gray...and anyone else...to pm a new member ...Leftout420,and give him a lil pep talk for using Docs kit?
He just got his first invoice ...up in Canada and the price shocked him.He is a newbiegrower and needs some guidance and help.
Got him on the kit but hes never used it before and is kind of lost..with our methods and stuff.I have been coaching him some and trying to set his mind at ease so to speak but if he hears this from ya'l it would help a lot ...im sure.
Thanks gang!
Sure thing Duggs! Done!

Thanks gang!

DONE! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom