Dusted Bud Genetics In High Brix Grown By BrixNewb

And we have our first candidate! Popped above ground last night. Hoping the other one isn't far behind.

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin 1

IMG_020558.JPG

I.Love.This.Plant. :love:

I mean look at that...gorgeous and magical..

..and Im sorry a tomato sprout or any other doesnt do the same for me as this plant :rofl:

I was also struck by that particular picture - so stocky! - like a Sumo y'know? :laugh:

I'm still in awe of the fact that this plant can grow from that tiny speck of a seed into something the size of a sapling in just one season! What other plant does that? :hmmmm:

That is one stout little seedling! Beautiful!

I was also struck by that particular picture - so stocky! - like a Sumo y'know? :laugh:

I'm still in awe of the fact that this plant can grow from that tiny speck of a seed into something the size of a sapling in just one season! What other plant does that? :hmmmm:

That is one stout little seedling! Beautiful!

Yeah, it actually has a 90 degree bend right there under the dirt. It's an odd one the way it came up.

I like my girls a little kinky.

I like my girls a little kinky.

That's the only way I take them!

So I planted another seed and it should make it's debut later this evening, possibly tomorrow. It has breached the soil, just waiting for the head to be above ground. The first bean is doing well, sitting in a dry pot growing some roots.

Well, we welcome my second Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin' to the world!

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin' #2

DSC_0004116.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin' #1 is doing well. Growing those roots, the pot is pretty dry. Maybe a watering in the next few days.

DSC_0012107.JPG

Alright guys, the plants are growing well. Both happy and healthy so far, a little lanky and one's a little kinky.

PL x CD 1

DSC_018624.JPG

PL x CD 2

DSC_018419.JPG

Small update today. I planted two more seeds, so that will be Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #3 and #4. I planted them in Solo cups, going to give that another try to save some space in the tent.

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #1

IMG_0001386.JPG

IMG_0002385.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #2

IMG_0003397.JPG

IMG_0004389.JPG

They look perfect!

Great start!

Thanks FF. I am working on my wet/dry and when to water. Before it seems that I have jumped the gun a bit, so I am trying to be patient.

They look perfect!

Thanks for the kind words. Hoping we can say the same at the end of bloom! I peeked over at your girls earlier and they are looking lovely Major. Every excited to see those outdoor girls take off.

I am so busy lately that I basically know when to water the Brix veg plants because they are just starting to wilt. I am like "oh Shig! That plant pot is light as a feather!" Lol. They come back just fine. Next water hold off until the first sign of discomfort. Then feel the pot fabric, feel the weight, touch the soil and water 8 hours before it gets to that discomfort point. With these high Brix plants they can go full dry for a day sometimes before you see them wilt. Just remind yourself it is good for them!

I am so busy lately that I basically know when to water the Brix veg plants because they are just starting to wilt. I am like "oh Shig! That plant pot is light as a feather!" Lol. They come back just fine. Next water hold off until the first sign of discomfort. Then feel the pot fabric, feel the weight, touch the soil and water 8 hours before it gets to that discomfort point. With these high Brix plants they can go full dry for a day sometimes before you see them wilt. Just remind yourself it is good for them!

I am working on it. I don't mind letting them wilt a little bit. Aside from the weekend I generally check on them plenty to catch any wilting in plenty of time. Even on the weekend they get checked on once every 24 hours or so.

Update on the Dusted Bud gang. About a week ago I tossed another two beans into the dirt, so we now have 4 Dusted Bud plants in the mix. These are my first regular seeds, so sex is yet to be seen. They are all pretty dry at this point, as you can see the older two are quite droopy while the younger two are still upright and perky.

Pliny Light x Cali Dreamin #1

IMG_0047110.JPG

Pliny Light x Cali Dreamin #2

IMG_0048105.JPG

Pliny Light x Cali Dreamin #3

IMG_004999.JPG

Pliny Light x Cali Dreamin #4

IMG_005587.JPG

Another update.

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #1 was drooping so she got a drench. Today s/he has perked back up and is looking fantastic!

IMG_006869.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #2 also got a drench. S/he is a bit smaller and still drooping a bit on the bottom, but growing great.

IMG_007069.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #3 is one of my first plants to grow in a Solo cup. S/he is drying out nicely since being planted.

IMG_007166.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #4 the other Solo cup plant. Not much to report, slowly making those roots!

IMG_007264.JPG

Back
Top Bottom