Dusted Bud Genetics In High Brix Grown By BrixNewb

My veg space is roughly half my bloom space, too, and it's about perfect. I need enough room for 2 or 3 vegging plants in their final pots, and the rest goes to cups and 1.5 gal pots. Just right. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

My veg space is roughly half my bloom space, too, and it's about perfect. I need enough room for 2 or 3 vegging plants in their final pots, and the rest goes to cups and 1.5 gal pots. Just right. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

Yes, I have recently picked up 2 and 3 gallon nursery pots and have both 5 and 7 gallon soft pots. I can see fitting 3 big pots and assorted little pots with no problems. Really nice to have that peace of mind.

Got some updates today.

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #1 has a Rescue Drench as well as a pruning in her future. Growing like a weed, I believe it to be a girl based on the preflowers.

DSC_0004119.JPG

DSC_0005117.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #2 probably will not be with us much longer. Based on the preflowers, I believe we have a male in our midst! Time will tell.

DSC_0003117.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #3 is doing well so far. With the naked eye she looks nice and green, but the camera appears to she her being a little lighter than preferred. Going to keep an eye on her.

DSC_0002116.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #4 is doing the same as #4, also lighter in pictures than I see with my eyes.

DSC_000197.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #1 has really bounced back and is looking perfectly healthy. I am not sure whether she (hopefully) got a Rescue Drench or not, but based on the results I am going to guess she did.

IMG_0003398.JPG

IMG_0004390.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #2 is a light green, a Rescue Drench will be in the cards. Want to wait a little bit because I suspect this one is a male. Hate to waste the drench if I am just tossing the plant.

IMG_0006366.JPG

IMG_0005377.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #3 is perfectly happy and healthy, good shade of green. I topped this one the other day.

IMG_0007338.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #4 also perfectly happy and healthy, topped as well.

IMG_0008338.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #1 has really bounced back and is looking perfectly healthy. I am not sure whether she (hopefully) got a Rescue Drench or not, but based on the results I am going to guess she did.

IMG_0003398.JPG

IMG_0004390.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #2 is a light green, a Rescue Drench will be in the cards. Want to wait a little bit because I suspect this one is a male. Hate to waste the drench if I am just tossing the plant.

IMG_0006366.JPG

IMG_0005377.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #3 is perfectly happy and healthy, good shade of green. I topped this one the other day.

IMG_0007338.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #4 also perfectly happy and healthy, topped as well.

IMG_0008338.JPG

You're back on track! :thumb:

Tonight I was in the tent and noticed that #3 was still droopy even after the lights were on for a couple of hours. I decided to take the pot off and see what was going on. The roots were getting a bit circly on the bottom, so I decided to upcan and gave her a nice drink of Trans+Tea. When I put her back in the tent I noticed something odd: #2 which was planted a good bit before was still in a one gallon pot. Now #2 has been the problem child. I guess I never thought to check the roots on #2. Pulled it out the pot and it was the most rootbound plant I have had so far! So time to upcan and I gave her (fingers crossed it's a her) a nice drink with plenty of Trans+Tea, a mini Rescue Drench if you will. The things that slip my mind, I swear!

If you scored the roots at transplant they are gonna take off and go nuts!!! They look better already even before the transplant.

I always score the roots. My technique could use some work, but I get the job done. Last night I accidentally roughed the roots up a little bit because the razor wasn't cutting it. A little hacking may have occurred.

What is scoring the roots?? Please explain... Thank you

Plants are looking very nice and liking their new pot. I'd like to know what you guys mean by scoring the roots when transplanting. :geek:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

'scoring the roots'; using a sharp knife, razor blade, at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o clock from top to bottom, clean cut. This allows a root bound pot to no longer be bound, will quickly grow lots of roots, especially when dusted with Roots!, a mycos, powder rock, mineral etc ingredient of Doc Buds Kit. :thumb:

What is scoring the roots?? Please explain... Thank you

Plants are looking very nice and liking their new pot. I'd like to know what you guys mean by scoring the roots when transplanting. :geek:

Run a sharp knife down the root ball (top to bottom) about 4 places evenly spaced around the root ball. It loosens things up a little so the roots can grab onto the new soil quickly. I score the bottom of the pot as well. With very root bound plants, I loosen them up even more by hand.

I always score the roots. My technique could use some work, but I get the job done. Last night I accidentally roughed the roots up a little bit because the razor wasn't cutting it. A little hacking may have occurred.

I use a razor blade, like for cutting tape, etc. If the rootball is properly formed, you can make a very clean cut with little soil loss.

RE cutting the bottom: It's a good idea if you have lots of room downward in the containers. Mine are wider than they are deep so I don't score the bottom.

So I'm cutting through the medium entangled with roots. Not the actual tap roots... Kk I got it...thanks Everyone for the responses. I can see how doing that would create new beach points for the roots to develop. Just like a topping but for the roots. Cool!

All of the plants have been upcanned except for #4. I decided to give them all a diluted De-Stress foliar today while I was spraying the clones. A bug infiltrated the tent and nibbled on some of the leaves, but they are fine. #3 is a little droopy for some reason, but she has pistils already emerging from the calyx, so that's good news.

Well I pulled #1 and #2 today as they were both males. #3 and #4 both got a Rescue Drench and #4 got upcanned into a 5 gallon soft pot. I will be growing out #3 and #4 and in about 2 weeks I plan to pop a couple beans of another Dusted Bud Genetics strain. Stay tuned!

Still alive over here. Pics to come soon, down to two Dusted Bud girls, but in about ten days I will be popping two more beans of a new Dusted Bud strain. I am under the weather at the moment, so pics when I feel better.

Today I chopped up Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #4 in preparation for flowering. Doc Bud says to give them 3-5 nodes, so I gave her 4. I am very interested to see if this affects my yield. Also took two clones from her even though she was already in flower for about 24 hours.

IMG_0023197.JPG

Both of my Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin girls are in flower at this time.

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #3 was a victim of some careless pruning, but I am actually excited to see how it effects the yield versus it's sister #4. While it's not an exact test since they are two different plants, I am interested nonetheless.

DSC_0011114.JPG

DSC_0010111.JPG

Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin #4 is doing well. She has 4 branches on her. They are progressing nicely, she is looking good.

DSC_002284.JPG

DSC_002183.JPG

Back
Top Bottom