From what @InTheShed said of his Dutch Passion Durban Poison, harvested at 59 days of flower, Uma is looking to follow suit. At 47 days today, we may just have enough time to drought her and pul-idk why but I love a good drought to end the flowering cycle! That last watering I say to myself, aaaah and this is how it's supposed to be.....

I haven't harvested my Durban yet due to lack of time recently but she was ready at Day 71 of flower, i.e. September 6. She might have been ready earlier but I didn't check until Day 71, which didn't have a lot of amber at that point.

I've never purposely done a drought but the plants I know need to be harvested tend to not get fed until I get to them. Do you think that does them any good?

I have a couple of questions about your tent. Do you pull your plants out to water them or how does water get to them? Shed said that plants touching other plants is always a bad thing but your tent among many others look like the plants are touching and you're not having any PM issues so what do you do to prevent/stop PM?

How big are your tents? What size pots are they in? You're doing the SIP thing, right? Can you give me a simple explanation of what a SIP is and how it works? I'm reading conflicting info in my various threads.

:thanks:

Absolutely beautiful
:drool::drool::adore:
Abs...what's up brother! Thanks love!
Highya Krissi,

You are up early!! Good morning, Krissi!
Morning Bode! I was team no sleep yesterday and the day before! Hope all is well!!!
I'm running out of superlatives to use, because your ladie's buds/colas are up to your usual form, HUGE! Delicious, happy looking, stoner producing, mind-boggling, gorgeous flowers! What else can be said?!?
Thank you! Thank you! I'm so loving these big buds they are giving me!!!
On a critical note, looks like G-13 and Amnesia could use some cal/mag to help cure the claw syndrome. Very nice job!!
Happy Smokin'
I just ordered some more earthworm castings, I was out-going to top them with that and some epsom! Thanks Bode!!!! Appreciate you pointing that out!
Krissi the G13 sounds like a superb strain to try. I'm glad to have the info, thank you.
Oh Carmen! I really think this is a strain for YOU! I am certain you will benefit from it!
Yeah Charlize is alright.
She aight....Eva Mendes is better lol
Not as kickass as your garden though. Some serious colas in there. Must smell delicious
Have a winning day
It smells like a winning day in there. Wish you were here for it Rug, thanks brother!
Wow those are some buds, beautiful. :thumb: 🍋
Keith, always appreciate your kind words for my girls!
Oow wee , those are some amazing looking buds💚💚😲🤩
Heeeey bud! Thank you so much!!!!
Gawgous dahling! FAT N SASSY!
Oh my gawd! I can hear you saying that and it makes my ears tickle!!!! Wicked Tuna
I haven't harvested my Durban yet due to lack of time recently but she was ready at Day 71 of flower, i.e. September 6. She might have been ready earlier but I didn't check until Day 71, which didn't have a lot of amber at that point.
Oh hey HG girl....I'm thinking this is the fastest sativa on the planet lol
I've never purposely done a drought but the plants I know need to be harvested tend to not get fed until I get to them. Do you think that does them any good?
I don't think so...it needs to be controlled within a certain time frame-specifically when the GRN of the plant is kicking into trichome making overdrive already and based off of the study, x amount of days in succession of drought in a soil medium, need to be done in order to provide that catalyst we need to yell at the GRN to amp up resin production.
I have a couple of questions about your tent. Do you pull your plants out to water them or how does water get to them?
They get top watered and have a reservoir reserve at the bottom of the pots. I top dress with amendments also...
Shed said that plants touching other plants is always a bad thing but your tent among many others look like the plants are touching and you're not having any PM issues so what do you do to prevent/stop PM?
Control my humidity, lots of airflow-I have 6 fans, 5 in use currently in this grow
How big are your tents?
This is a 4x4. My other is a 3x3 and I have one unboxed a 2x4.
What size pots are they in?
First up pot is to 3gl water reserves, then final, to what they are in now, 5gl water reserves.
You're doing the SIP thing, right? Can you give me a simple explanation of what a SIP is and how it works? I'm reading conflicting info in my various threads.

:thanks:
I have the 1st generation "SIP". It is SIP like....pulls water itself from the reservoir but anything else about it is not the same as I top feed ALWAYS. No wicking in this pot. It's a regular pot on steroids. The best pots for your plants imo....even over SIPs but that's me.......

I have to agree Krissi. My limited SWICK trials showed me that filling the reservoir via top watering greatly out performed bottom watering.
Absolutely Gee! I see and hear of far too many issues with bottom feeding, I just don't feel as if that is the way....I have yet to have an issue using this system and it's only served me well.

nice to see you back @Krissi Carbone can you refresh or confirm my memory, you top water to let the runoff go in the bottom reservoir. Do you water till it runs out the hole or you water a measured amount and that's it?

Also I'm not sure if you mentioned it or not but who was the breeder of your G13?

I have the 1st generation "SIP". It is SIP like....pulls water itself from the reservoir but anything else about it is not the same as I top feed ALWAYS. No wicking in this pot. It's a regular pot on steroids. The best pots for your plants imo....even over SIPs but that's me.......
Please will you explain in detail. I am still on a learning curve with the SWICK concept. I also need to clarify whether you are talking organic or synthetic.
I have to agree Krissi. My limited SWICK trials showed me that filling the reservoir via top watering greatly out performed bottom watering.
Same questions as HH asks below, Gee man.
nice to see you back @Krissi Carbone can you refresh or confirm my memory, you top water to let the runoff go in the bottom reservoir. Do you water till it runs out the hole or you water a measured amount and that's it?

Also I'm not sure if you mentioned it or not but who was the breeder of your G13?
Thanks for the questions about watering. I am wondering the same.

Please will you explain in detail. I am still on a learning curve with the SWICK concept. I also need to clarify whether you are talking organic or synthetic.

When I top water I Lways water to a mild runoff unless I am using drippers. I found that matching the amount of perlite in the pot to the amount of perlite in the swick, more or less, and then top watering to mild runoff as usual made the swick work better. It wasn't an honest trial as the plant was already damaged from too much swicking, but it did wayyyyyy better than when it was a bottom watered swick.

If I ever revisit swicking this is where I will start at.

When I top water I Lways water to a mild runoff unless I am using drippers. I found that matching the amount of perlite in the pot to the amount of perlite in the swick, more or less, and then top watering to mild runoff as usual made the swick work better. It wasn't an honest trial as the plant was already damaged from too much swicking, but it did wayyyyyy better than when it was a bottom watered swick.

Do you mean that you put a layer of perlite in the bottom of the grow bag, underneath the soil?

No, I used a tub with about 3 gallons of perlite in it and set the grow bag on that.
This is what got me asking the question. Do you mean equal amounts of perlite as swick and mixed into soil?

nice to see you back @Krissi Carbone
Hi @Hash Hound! Thanks so much!! Nice to see you this morning!
can you refresh or confirm my memory, you top water to let the runoff go in the bottom reservoir. Do you water till it runs out the hole or you water a measured amount and that's it?
That's it. I water til run off from the reserve hole, cover the bottom of my pots with a towel to soak up the runoff. It's the same as a normal pot, I want about 10-20%.
I may have but it's i49seeds....lots of great plants of mine have come from this bank....

Thank you kindly @Gee64!!
This is what got me asking the question. Do you mean equal amounts of perlite as swick and mixed into soiI?
I have to wait for Gee to come back cause my knowledge in this is a big goose egg.

So friends, it is official, we have hit the 100 day mark! Go ladies go! We back built for the 3rd time last night, buds are fattening and ripening as I type! It has been 16 days since we first back built our buds and we can tell just from looking at pics now, which ones were snipped and which were not.

I fed Uma last night, taking 2 gallons but she is drinking every 3 days now instead of every 2.

It's going to storm this weekend so I'm concerned for Bubblegum....3 days no sunny all rain...just throw her in the house again on the washer I guess.

But back to the photoperiods, we are looking so fly! I'm so pleased with the health of this tent and their ability to grow together coming from such different origins with different wants and needs.

I had to throw in some bamboo stakes to G-13 and the Durban as well as one on the main of the NYC Diesel and a couple branches on Amnesia so needless to say, all were given some props to some extent. I'm out of garden velcro so I used a little light electrical taping to secure the branches to the sticks.

Not much else to go over as the girls are just doing their thing right now. I'll document the two droughters next week more in detail.

I did finally get a chance to get on the ozone with James from Dabs Press and after a long awaited trial and error, I've finally created my first round of dabs! 3.2 grams of GGSLH provided me with lovely and very hard hitting super stoner dabs. I sprinkled a little in with my flower and oooofa...man oh man. I was so mad at TK last night I was too high to even yell or scream. First time I think I have remained calm and collected despite his mouth and his stupid bullshit. I am looking verybmuch forward to aiding my mental health and emotional well being with some good old dabs.

I am dropping some pics of my end dab result as well as the girls. I need to get the baby dressed and off to school so I'm going to leave you guys here. Couple more messages to get to and then I'll be all caught up once again. Have a wonderful grow Friday! Much love all!!

Plants are looking super. Glad to see you got the press working :cough:
Don't throw out the squished baggies, still lots of goodies in there

Highya Krissi,

You're going to need a forklift the get those buds out of the tent! They're almost as big as the previous group! So huge! Does the G13 and amnesia go 10-12 weeks? Durban Poison and NYC Diesel 8-10 weeks? I can only grow flowers for 10 weeks or less. We have only one day forcast for 30% rain - Sunday. Then rain next saturday. Not bad during bud rot season. Hope you don't get 3 days of it!!
I am looking very much forward to aiding my mental health and emotional well being with some good old dabs.
Me too!! I hope you can find a way to keep it all together!! Guess that's why some drink themselves to death. I don't think you can smoke yourself to death, but it might be fun to try, lol!! I'm thinking about 'shrooms. From what I've read, the high leaves you with some insight to making your life better - problem solving. If that's the case, it might help you in a big way. I've had infused cannabis oil a couple times that almost seemed very trippy. I can't imagine you and a megadose of cannabis rosin. I hope you have a safe and healthy weekend! Happy Smokin'

Plants are looking super.
Hi Brew! Thank you!
Glad to see you got the press working :cough:
:rofl: :rofl: you know, it was the small things....they make a big difference when pressing...I live and I learn.....
Don't throw out the squished baggies, still lots of goodies in there
Oh of course not! I have them saved in their own ziploc!
Love the rosin fresh off the press :drool: and those buds!
O M G fresh rosin. My own fresh rosin! I was sooooo happy Carmen! And man is it good! And the buds, oh my girlfriend, these buds are going to be some awesome long lasting medicine for me! I so wish I could share!
Highya Krissi,
Hi there my wonderful ME friend!
You're going to need a forklift the get those buds out of the tent! They're almost as big as the previous group! So huge!
I'm so pleased Bode!!! They make me happy when my skies are grey! I swear to you, every day they look bigger to me. Especially this Amnesia and NYC Diesel! The Durban is just something else and my G-13 like I said yesterday, gets heavy and is packing it on and needed supported first before anyone else got it!
Does the G13 and amnesia go 10-12 weeks? Durban Poison and NYC Diesel 8-10 weeks? I can only grow flowers for 10 weeks or less.
Unfortunately yes Bode, G-13 is a ten weeker. Amnesia can push 12, my original Amnesia, Ammy, took 12 weeks, I harvested her in 3 separate sections over 2 weeks. Durban says 8 weeks as does the NYC. If we go with what Shed said, Uma could be ready in a week and a half....hence the droughting come Monday for both those two-Uma and Marilyn.
We have only one day forcast for 30% rain - Sunday. Then rain next saturday. Not bad during bud rot season. Hope you don't get 3 days of it!!
Thank goodness! Winds are picking up here and rain has started and is forecast through Monday! I put Bubblegum in my son's playhouse outside. She will be fine there lol
Me too!! I hope you can find a way to keep it all together!! Guess that's why some drink themselves to death. I don't think you can smoke yourself to death, but it might be fun to try, lol!!
TK told me yesterday I smoke too much weed. I told him that doesn't even make sense!!!

i'm thinking about 'shrooms. From what I've read, the high leaves you with some insight to making your life better - problem solving. If that's the case, it might help you in a big way. I've had infused cannabis oil a couple times that almost seemed very trippy. I can't imagine you and a megadose of cannabis rosin. I hope you have a safe and healthy weekend! Happy Smokin'

I have read so much about the benefits for mental health using psilocybin. I was contemplating ketamine therapy until this dropped in my lap. I read a mushroom journal the other day, cured bi polar. Hey, I am willing to try. The one time I did, I was anxiety free and my head was clear for a good 36 hours. Have a great weekend, say hi to Julie!!!
Some fatties in there. Like most of them.
This made me laugh out loud. Space is hard to come by for sure my Durban friend! I love it! Hope all is well!

So guys and gals, team no sleep tonight even though I was falling asleep during the day today...can't win...stressed out...need shrooms and this G-13 to finish up. Some of the best sleep in Geneva, a favorite indica of mine. Sure could use some now, very low on my Sirius Black which has been my other sleepy time med. If TK could just not piss me off for like one week in succession, I'd sleep better, I swear but he's like another child....annnnnyyyywaaaay...the GIRLS! THE GIRLS ARE DOING SO GREAT!

Sooo moving on...I am feeding Angelina today. She is a thirsty gal! I swear to you she put on an ounce from yesterday lol

Marilyn is as heavy and thick as a well idk something thick and heavy haha.....you move a branch and it's like she has stones in her stems....thick as can be!

Uma needs a trichome check ASAP. Going to do that for her and Marilyn tonight or tomorrow before beginning our drought Monday-this will give us a nice starting point, maybe we will see some more fun guttation throughout the process!!!

Three more back buildings should do us for Angelina and two more for Geneva. I think I am stopping at 3 snips for Uma and Marilyn as they are finishing up now and with the drought coming, I don't want them having two high stressors at the same time.

Ummm...what else what else?? I don't think anything tbh. I think that's a wrap! Soccer is canceled for today and tomorrow because of the Tropical Storm so I'll be home but stuck here with my least favorite person in the world right now buuuut I'll have my son buuuuut he has come down with a little cold so he's just been cuddly and layed down on the couch with me after school yesterday basically all day just watching his tablet. Poor little guy. Still has his energy when he wants to use it, just so stuffy and congested. Damn germs from these germ ridden kids at school. Coughing everywhere and being sent to school anyway....ugh....if your kid is sick, keep him home people. OK that's my vent for the day!

I hope everyone enjoys the photo spread for the day, I wanted to show off these growing colas and be sure to point out who's who for the inquiring minds out there!

Catch you all around the forums! Time to make the coffee I guess....have a wonderful grow weekend my friends!!

Highya Krissi,

Gorgeous buds!! So fat, sparkley, and did I mention, FAT?!? Who wouldn't drool over the prospects of packing a bowl with any one of those!! I'm enjoying just looking at them!! I don't remember anyone growing huge colas like that. Truly, one of a kind!!
You need time for you! So sorry for the way things are at home. I just hope you can work some sort of compromise for you to get some peace! Happy Smokin'

Hi Brew! Thank you!

:rofl: :rofl: you know, it was the small things....they make a big difference when pressing...I live and I learn.....

Oh of course not! I have them saved in their own ziploc!

O M G fresh rosin. My own fresh rosin! I was sooooo happy Carmen! And man is it good! And the buds, oh my girlfriend, these buds are going to be some awesome long lasting medicine for me! I so wish I could share!

Hi there my wonderful ME friend!

I'm so pleased Bode!!! They make me happy when my skies are grey! I swear to you, every day they look bigger to me. Especially this Amnesia and NYC Diesel! The Durban is just something else and my G-13 like I said yesterday, gets heavy and is packing it on and needed supported first before anyone else got it!

Unfortunately yes Bode, G-13 is a ten weeker. Amnesia can push 12, my original Amnesia, Ammy, took 12 weeks, I harvested her in 3 separate sections over 2 weeks. Durban says 8 weeks as does the NYC. If we go with what Shed said, Uma could be ready in a week and a half....hence the droughting come Monday for both those two-Uma and Marilyn.

Thank goodness! Winds are picking up here and rain has started and is forecast through Monday! I put Bubblegum in my son's playhouse outside. She will be fine there lol

TK told me yesterday I smoke too much weed. I told him that doesn't even make sense!!!

i'm thinking about 'shrooms. From what I've read, the high leaves you with some insight to making your life better - problem solving. If that's the case, it might help you in a big way. I've had infused cannabis oil a couple times that almost seemed very trippy. I can't imagine you and a megadose of cannabis rosin. I hope you have a safe and healthy weekend! Happy Smokin'

I have read so much about the benefits for mental health using psilocybin. I was contemplating ketamine therapy until this dropped in my lap. I read a mushroom journal the other day, cured bi polar. Hey, I am willing to try. The one time I did, I was anxiety free and my head was clear for a good 36 hours. Have a great weekend, say hi to Julie!!!

This made me laugh out loud. Space is hard to come by for sure my Durban friend! I love it! Hope all is well!

So guys and gals, team no sleep tonight even though I was falling asleep during the day today...can't win...stressed out...need shrooms and this G-13 to finish up. Some of the best sleep in Geneva, a favorite indica of mine. Sure could use some now, very low on my Sirius Black which has been my other sleepy time med. If TK could just not piss me off for like one week in succession, I'd sleep better, I swear but he's like another child....annnnnyyyywaaaay...the GIRLS! THE GIRLS ARE DOING SO GREAT!

Sooo moving on...I am feeding Angelina today. She is a thirsty gal! I swear to you she put on an ounce from yesterday lol

Marilyn is as heavy and thick as a well idk something thick and heavy haha.....you move a branch and it's like she has stones in her stems....thick as can be!

Uma needs a trichome check ASAP. Going to do that for her and Marilyn tonight or tomorrow before beginning our drought Monday-this will give us a nice starting point, maybe we will see some more fun guttation throughout the process!!!

Three more back buildings should do us for Angelina and two more for Geneva. I think I am stopping at 3 snips for Uma and Marilyn as they are finishing up now and with the drought coming, I don't want them having two high stressors at the same time.

Ummm...what else what else?? I don't think anything tbh. I think that's a wrap! Soccer is canceled for today and tomorrow because of the Tropical Storm so I'll be home but stuck here with my least favorite person in the world right now buuuut I'll have my son buuuuut he has come down with a little cold so he's just been cuddly and layed down on the couch with me after school yesterday basically all day just watching his tablet. Poor little guy. Still has his energy when he wants to use it, just so stuffy and congested. Damn germs from these germ ridden kids at school. Coughing everywhere and being sent to school anyway....ugh....if your kid is sick, keep him home people. OK that's my vent for the day!

I hope everyone enjoys the photo spread for the day, I wanted to show off these growing colas and be sure to point out who's who for the inquiring minds out there!

Catch you all around the forums! Time to make the coffee I guess....have a wonderful grow weekend my friends!!

Loving 🥰 your work Jersey you have a very impressive collection of amazing plants growing @ the same time which is no ez endeavor. Should be a great harvest soon 🔜. Sorry to hear about your little guy being under the weather 🤧. People treat their kids school like it’s their personal babysitter instead of its real function of teaching kids. Happy growing my little Italian robe friend. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

This is what got me asking the question. Do you mean equal amounts of perlite as swick and mixed into soil?
Yeah that was my goal. When I pulled the plant from a large perlite swick tub I guesstimated as to how much was stuck to the roots, and in a smaller tub added 3 more gallons of perlite to be about 3.5 gallons in total.

My pots are 10 gallon pots and I run about 1/3 of the mix as perlite.

I say about because there is perlite in both my worm castings and my used soil that are both in the mix so it varies a bit, but my theory was that if I made the swick equal to the perlite in the pot, then the swick could never hold more water in suspension than the perlite in the pot was able to percolate upwards, thus eliminating standing water and over time by filling the res (well not filling but hydrating, as I never topwatered to runoff enough to allow excess water to pool in the swick) from the top feeder roots get what they need, and have a "battery" back-up.

So now the perlite becomes a "battery" for runoff and not a source for water, and perlite works as a 2-way street, it can add water if it is wetter than the pot, but subtract water if its drier than the pot, so by never allowing pooling I could now see how wet the perlite in the pot was simply by feeling how wet the "battery" was.

The pot that got completely removed from all swicks didn't do near as well as the pot that was put into the 3 gal swick. To be fair though, I shaved all water roots off the outside of the pot that got removed, so that one took a major added hit.

Both were only top watered once they were removed from the large swick tubs. Both developed very intense feathery feeder roots after being removed from the big swick tubs.

All that being said, my normal pots that only get top watered, other than the occasional full pot dunking of the rootballs, do wayyyyyyy better than anything I achieved from a swick.

Hard pots simply can't compete with 360 degrees of oxygen intake that cloth pots provide. Sips are better than not it appears from what I see in journals, as the oxygen chamber down bottom at least supplies some O2 to the root zone.

The massive growth that people are getting from bottom watering was already gifted to me years ago when I switched from hard pots to cloth pots and @Emilya Green showed me how to water properly.

I was hoping to experience that again but no luck lol.

I will however, use a large swick to hydrate new pots of soil before I drop clones into them.

The over hydration makes hardening off a thing of the past. You just drop the clone in and it starts to grow immediately as the over hydrated pot dries.

Not domes or bags, just plant and stay out of the way. Not a single wilty stressed leaf.

Then let the dripper lines water from then on.

Back
Top Bottom