Hello all and welcome to my Summer Grow 2023! After a nearly 5 month growing hiatus, I'm more than happy to be back in the grow game with all my friends here at 420MAGAZINE! I've been busy in my regular garden but have been itching to get back to my true love-growing cannabis!

1000015630-jpg.2703240

Off kilter for me as I usually start these journals pre seed drop with tons of preceding information but better late than never as they say!

I also usually have two tents going at once, this grow round, we are limiting my grow space to my larger tent, a 4x4, housed with a @Mars Hydro FC4800 and 6 in inline, exhaust and carbon filter system.

Surprise, for all my old readers who know me, I will be moving my auto outdoors to finish her cycle once I need the space in my grow tent for my blossoming photoperiods. I have all intents on grabbing a large butterfly enclosure for her to use as an outdoor "tent"-helping me avoid pesky things like bugs, which I both loathe and am scared of in terms of my outdoor gardening-be it veggies or now, this attempt with an autoflower.

I use FFOF soil with plenty of dry amendments: DYNOMYCO mychorizzal, earthworm castings, Epsom salt, bat and seabird guano and bone meal. I use Ecoworks cold pressed neem oil in the summers for gnat prevention, a soil spray will do ya wonders!

Liquid amendments used in both the Vegetative and Flowering Cycle are: Humboldt's Tree Trunk Silica and FF Bush Doctor Cal-Mag. Come flower, I also integrate in Humboldt's Flower Stacker beginning at Week 3.

I'm currently still using Prescription Blend Nutrients, whom recently went out of business. I was so saddened to hear of this as I adored this 6 part system but I do have enough for this and another grow, at least before I need to make a decision to change over.

The mix I have consists of Indicas, Sativas, and Hybrids. 5 photoperiods and 1 autoflower. Here's a brief breakdown of what we have going on and as the days progress, I will do daily focal plants and get more into detail about each strain, it's terpenes, medicinal uses, lineage, etc. Probably even throw in some pics of my old grows of the same strains so we can use them for comparative purposes.

Amnesia (not Amnesia Haze) was a favorite of mine and also a first grow in my Ammy. She spawned a second first, in a monster crop I did of her, named Ammy Jr. Both were sensational buds, phenomenal smoke.

Sour G, is a new strain for me, a CBG strain at that. It was gifted to me and I am forever thankful as it hold many medicinal wonders inside!

G-13, a re-run of my 2nd grow in G. She was a full, dense and heavy yielding and super heavy hitting wonder. Said to be part of a government mind control operation...

Durban Poison, another new seed to me-a gift that turns into another gift as this happens to be my sister's all time fave smoke. A South African find with no known prior landraces.

Blue Cheese, my favorite autoflower. I ran several of these, 3 in total, prior to this one. What a smoke and what aroma and flavor! Blueberry and Cheese mix.

NYC Diesel, a mind numbing, kerosene smelling hybrid. Intoxicating effects from the aroma alone.

I've got some awesome variegated leaves on my NYC Diesel, a stunted Blue Cheese Auto, a self topped, mutant Amnesia, a super fast growing Durban Poison and a right on the time line, G-13 and Sour G. This will be an interesting grow!

The following photos were taken Tuesday, Wednesday

These plants sprouted on June 13th-15th. They were up-potted to 3gl water reserve homes on June 22nd. They will have 1 final move to 5gl water reserve homes 1-2 weeks before flip to flower.

These last 4 photos were taken this morning. They were fed on Wednesday night with their last week 1/2 veg feed. They will be given Silica water Sunday and will move onto Week 3/4 veg feed the following watering day.

For those of you who followed my Cultiuana journal, my apologies for the double pics of Tues and Wed but I did want to showcase the obvious 2 day growth seen just in that limited time frame, post feed.

I'll be back with more interesting things as time goes on, I'm going tag free this round so I hope everyone can find their way over. Promise to make things educational, fun and exciting and I'll try to move slower and not post so much at once for both your sake and mine!

Happy growing friends!

1000015630.jpg

Hello all and welcome to my Summer Grow 2023! After a nearly 5 month growing hiatus, I'm more than happy to be back in the grow game with all my friends here at 420MAGAZINE! I've been busy in my regular garden but have been itching to get back to my true love-growing cannabis!

1000015630-jpg.2703240

Off kilter for me as I usually start these journals pre seed drop with tons of preceding information but better late than never as they say!

I also usually have two tents going at once, this grow round, we are limiting my grow space to my larger tent, a 4x4, housed with a @Mars Hydro FC4800 and 6 in inline, exhaust and carbon filter system.

Surprise, for all my old readers who know me, I will be moving my auto outdoors to finish her cycle once I need the space in my grow tent for my blossoming photoperiods. I have all intents on grabbing a large butterfly enclosure for her to use as an outdoor "tent"-helping me avoid pesky things like bugs, which I both loathe and am scared of in terms of my outdoor gardening-be it veggies or now, this attempt with an autoflower.

I use FFOF soil with plenty of dry amendments: DYNOMYCO mychorizzal, earthworm castings, Epsom salt, bat and seabird guano and bone meal. I use Ecoworks cold pressed neem oil in the summers for gnat prevention, a soil spray will do ya wonders!

Liquid amendments used in both the Vegetative and Flowering Cycle are: Humboldt's Tree Trunk Silica and FF Bush Doctor Cal-Mag. Come flower, I also integrate in Humboldt's Flower Stacker beginning at Week 3.

I'm currently still using Prescription Blend Nutrients, whom recently went out of business. I was so saddened to hear of this as I adored this 6 part system but I do have enough for this and another grow, at least before I need to make a decision to change over.

The mix I have consists of Indicas, Sativas, and Hybrids. 5 photoperiods and 1 autoflower. Here's a brief breakdown of what we have going on and as the days progress, I will do daily focal plants and get more into detail about each strain, it's terpenes, medicinal uses, lineage, etc. Probably even throw in some pics of my old grows of the same strains so we can use them for comparative purposes.

Amnesia (not Amnesia Haze) was a favorite of mine and also a first grow in my Ammy. She spawned a second first, in a monster crop I did of her, named Ammy Jr. Both were sensational buds, phenomenal smoke.

Sour G, is a new strain for me, a CBG strain at that. It was gifted to me and I am forever thankful as it hold many medicinal wonders inside!

G-13, a re-run of my 2nd grow in G. She was a full, dense and heavy yielding and super heavy hitting wonder. Said to be part of a government mind control operation...

Durban Poison, another new seed to me-a gift that turns into another gift as this happens to be my sister's all time fave smoke. A South African find with no known prior landraces.

Blue Cheese, my favorite autoflower. I ran several of these, 3 in total, prior to this one. What a smoke and what aroma and flavor! Blueberry and Cheese mix.

NYC Diesel, a mind numbing, kerosene smelling hybrid. Intoxicating effects from the aroma alone.

I've got some awesome variegated leaves on my NYC Diesel, a stunted Blue Cheese Auto, a self topped, mutant Amnesia, a super fast growing Durban Poison and a right on the time line, G-13 and Sour G. This will be an interesting grow!

These plants sprouted on June 13th-15th. They were up-potted to 3gl water reserve homes on June 22nd. They will have 1 final move to 5gl water reserve homes 1-2 weeks before flip to flower.

These last 4 photos were taken this morning. They were fed on Wednesday night with their last week 1/2 veg feed. They will be given Silica water Sunday and will move onto Week 3/4 veg feed the following watering day.

For those of you who followed my Cultiuana journal, my apologies for the double pics of Tues and Wed but I did want to showcase the obvious 2 day growth seen just in that limited time frame, post feed.

I'll be back with more interesting things as time goes on, I'm going tag free this round so I hope everyone can find their way over. Promise to make things educational, fun and exciting and I'll try to move slower and not post so much at once for both your sake and mine!

Happy growing friends!

1000015630.jpg
I’m in for the duration but I have to say that your Durban is awfully Indica looking 👀? I’m sure you’ll straighten her out though. lol Happy growing Jersey. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley::ciao:

Aww Hi Mel!! :love:
I’m in for the duration but I have to say that your Durban is awfully Indica looking 👀? I’m sure you’ll straighten her out though. lol Happy growing Jersey. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley::ciao:
Oh Clover, remember my Gigi and Spicoli? Indicas that grew like sativas...this wouldn't surprise me to see a flip-a-roo-ski but for you, I'll make it work regardless :high-five:
Hi Krissi, have a great grow! :love:
Hi Carmen, thanks so much! :love:

Aww Hi Mel!! :love:

Oh Clover, remember my Gigi and Spicoli? Indicas that grew like sativas...this wouldn't surprise me to see a flip-a-roo-ski but for you, I'll make it work regardless :high-five:

Hi Carmen, thanks so much! :love:
Really a flip-a-roo-ski? You hiding a little Polish heritage there Jersey? Lmao CL🍀. :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :cheesygrinsmiley: :ciao:

Really a flip-a-roo-ski? You hiding a little Polish heritage there Jersey? Lmao CL🍀. :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :cheesygrinsmiley: :ciao:
Not a lick at least I don’t think, my father is of Northern Italian descent however...do want to try out the DNA thing though because I'm sure that I've got some kinda something in me other than Italian and Greek, I can feels it...

Highya Krissi,

Love those fat indica leaves. They look very happy! Surprising how the Amnesia and Blue Cheese malformed, and the others are so gorgeous! Well, you have 4 happy little girls+ for the 4X4 That will make a full tent. Especially in SIP's. Off to a great start! And I'm sure they'll continue to be gorgeous!! Happy Smokin' :hug: :love::hug::love::hug::love:

1000015630-jpg.2703240

Happy growing friends!

1000015630.jpg
You have a great start. and beautiful.

Not a lick at least I don’t think, my father is of Northern Italian descent however...do want to try out the DNA thing though because I'm sure that I've got some kinda something in me other than Italian and Greek, I can feels it...
You know I’m only messing witchu right my little Italian robe buddy? CL🍀 :rofl: :rofl::rofl::cheesygrinsmiley::ciao:

Irish ☘️ maybe?🤔 lol CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Highya Krissi,

Love those fat indica leaves.
Wait, which one?! My G-13 is my heavy Indica followed by the NYC Diesel, but their leaves don't seem too fat yet? Or do they? Or are you with Clover, thinking my Durban is an Indica when it's just a Sativa in Indica clothing!
They look very happy! Surprising how the Amnesia and Blue Cheese malformed, and the others are so gorgeous!
You know each seed is different. Every single seed in this grow comes from a different place, you just never know. That is the fun in it! Even my NYC Diesel came out with first trues that looked like they had a mouse chewing on them...her newer sets are normal...again, see, all this weird stuff is my FAVORITE stuff about growing and growing multiple strains!
Well, you have 4 happy little girls+ for the 4X4 That will make a full tent. Especially in SIP's. Off to a great start! And I'm sure they'll continue to be gorgeous!! Happy Smokin' :hug: :love::hug::love::hug::love:
Awww see, you already forgot how Simon, my mutated and self topped Big Bull, started off like my current Amnesia and ended up being a nug growing beauty! The "SIPs" WILL catapult my "unhappy" girls, don't you worry! Although I do question my Blue Cheese Auto, I've seen plants turn into monsters in my tents who have been off to much worse starts! Time will tell! :hug: :cheer:
You have a great start. and beautiful.
Hi Keith, thanks so much buddy!!! :green_heart:
Beautiful beginning and welcome back. You are a strong person, and you have a lovely outdoor garden. I will enjoy following along.

:Namaste:
Hafta! Good to hear from you! Thank you, I'm happy to have you here! :passitleft:
You know I’m only messing witchu right my little Italian robe buddy? CL🍀 :rofl: :rofl::rofl::cheesygrinsmiley::ciao:
Absolutely....you are Irish for Pete's sake :laugh:
Missed you, happy growing!
Giddy up Gid! We are about to start this ride!! Missed you! :love:
Irish ☘️ maybe?🤔 lol CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
I think crossing the pond is too far, pick another WASPY country on the main continent :rofl:...BTW how should I approach your journal. Heading there now, shall I go backwards from 100 to 1 or start in the middle 50-100 or go all the way back from 0-100 lol. Don't want to miss anything important along the way. Had to bang Mels journal out first, it was easier to get caught up on but now I'm coming over to the Illini side.

SPONSOR SIDE NOTE:

Guys and gals, @Smoking Outlet has quite an AMAZING collection of intricate glass pieces, accessories. I was blessed to have been assigned a review on one of their 9" DOUBLE CHAMBER glass recycler bongs with a showerhead perc by Gili Glass and it is hands down, the best bong I have ever owned. One hit and it was like Jerry Maguire, "YOU HAD ME AT HELLO".

....if you get a chance and are in the market for a new piece, give their website a look see! Be on the lookout for this particular review in the coming weeks!

Be back with pics of the growing girls tomorrow after I tackle catching up on some more journals!

Happy Grow Saturday!

Wait, which one?! My G-13 is my heavy Indica followed by the NYC Diesel, but their leaves don't seem too fat yet? Or do they? Or are you with Clover, thinking my Durban is an Indica when it's just a Sativa in Indica clothing!

You know each seed is different. Every single seed in this grow comes from a different place, you just never know. That is the fun in it! Even my NYC Diesel came out with first trues that looked like they had a mouse chewing on them...her newer sets are normal...again, see, all this weird stuff is my FAVORITE stuff about growing and growing multiple strains!

Awww see, you already forgot how Simon, my mutated and self topped Big Bull, started off like my current Amnesia and ended up being a nug growing beauty! The "SIPs" WILL catapult my "unhappy" girls, don't you worry! Although I do question my Blue Cheese Auto, I've seen plants turn into monsters in my tents who have been off to much worse starts! Time will tell! :hug: :cheer:

Hi Keith, thanks so much buddy!!! :green_heart:

Hafta! Good to hear from you! Thank you, I'm happy to have you here! :passitleft:

Absolutely....you are Irish for Pete's sake :laugh:

Giddy up Gid! We are about to start this ride!! Missed you! :love:

I think crossing the pond is too far, pick another WASPY country on the main continent :rofl:...BTW how should I approach your journal. Heading there now, shall I go backwards from 100 to 1 or start in the middle 50-100 or go all the way back from 0-100 lol. Don't want to miss anything important along the way. Had to bang Mels journal out first, it was easier to get caught up on but now I'm coming over to the Illini side.

SPONSOR SIDE NOTE:

Guys and gals, @Smoking Outlet has quite an AMAZING collection of intricate glass pieces, accessories. I was blessed to have been assigned a review on one of their 9" DOUBLE CHAMBER glass recycler bongs with a showerhead perc by Gili Glass and it is hands down, the best bong I have ever owned. One hit and it was like Jerry Maguire, "YOU HAD ME AT HELLO".

....if you get a chance and are in the market for a new piece, give their website a look see! Be on the lookout for this particular review in the coming weeks!

Be back with pics of the growing girls tomorrow after I tackle catching up on some more journals!

Happy Grow Saturday!
I’m definitely going to check out your review but I’m never going back to inhaling smoke 💨. Cause I’m loving 🥰 my @MagicStone instrument. My Mother is digging it too. lol CL🍀. :rofl: :rofl::rofl::hookah::cheesygrinsmiley:

Highya Krissi,

Yes I did forget about Simon the Big Bull. I guess I have no patience for seedlings not making my grade. I try to plant 9 every year. Last year I had 5 finish. Outdoors is all different than indoors. A nice story about each seed from a different place! I have some indicas this year, and they look so full with those fat leaves. And yes, I was referring to the Durban Poison for one, just like those fat leaves. So cute.

That bong is quite a piece! I don't understand how that works. It's certainly not like mine, HaHa. Getting older, I have trouble with new things (the technology part). Seems like an intricate design. What makes it the best one for you? We have a busy day today, so I must get up and get to it. Happy Smokin'

Yay - got in on page 1, even I can follow that lol
The great thing about a garden is it stops me just staring at my plants :dreamy:
Hiii Roy! Yaay, you found my new grow and early on! This will be an easy on to follow! Happy to have you and soooo true about the garden...daydreaming for days.... :green_heart: my 3.5yo son had a daydream in the car the other day. Caught him staring asked what he was looking at, he said " I was dreaming I was driving an excavator but then a builder came and told me I couldn't ride it anymore".

Sometimes I daydream in the tent, what if I could never grow again and quickly my dream turns into a nightmare..I wonder if he had the same nightmarish turn in his dreamland when the builder told him he couldn't ride it anymore :laugh:
I’m definitely going to check out your review but I’m never going back to inhaling smoke 💨. Cause I’m loving 🥰 my @MagicStone instrument. My Mother is digging it too. lol CL🍀. :rofl: :rofl::rofl::hookah::cheesygrinsmiley:
I like the fetish of smoking too much to ever stop the inhale, although I know my cardio-pulmonary system will hate me for it in 20 years.
As far as where you should start Idk maybe 🤔 you can skip around a bit n see whatcha think 🧐? But I’ll have you know that it did win GJOM for April. Maybe you should start there? CL🍀. :cheesygrinsmiley: :ciao:
I'm in it like Flynn from the get go...there was no other reasonable way! 1/4 OF THE WAY THERE!

Highya Krissi,

Yes I did forget about Simon the Big Bull. I guess I have no patience for seedlings not making my grade. I try to plant 9 every year. Last year I had 5 finish. Outdoors is all different than indoors.
I know and I know you only have the one shot to grow so it makes sense! Im not hating that you ditch the scrubbies! Just wish you had the ability to keep them is all!
A nice story about each seed from a different place! I have some indicas this year, and they look so full with those fat leaves. And yes, I was referring to the Durban Poison for one, just like those fat leaves. So cute.
She is a cutie! @InTheShed....you did good (big surprise...huge eye roll) Sir..she's a winning seed!
That bong is quite a piece! I don't understand how that works. It's certainly not like mine, HaHa. Getting older, I have trouble with new things (the technology part). Seems like an intricate design. What makes it the best one for you? We have a busy day today, so I must get up and get to it. Happy Smokin'
It's easy just fill with water halfway up the bottom and your good. Light and lift the female piece just as a normal bong would. What makes this special is the double chamber and showerhead percolator...gives you super smooth, clean, and extra cooled hits...minimizes the cough so considerably if not entirely. Not to mention, it's so well blown and made with borosilicate and is 4mm thick so it's super durable and thermal resistant, to boot!

Back
Top Bottom