Fun In The Sun 2016 - Tiger - Ape - Pitbull - Gorilla & More - Run Wild

I decided to grab a couple of brix readings this morning. Since LH has always been the lowest and GG4 was the highest, I just did those two.

Liberty Haze is doing a little better with a 15 this time around.
LH20.jpg

GG4 continues to impress me with her look and smell. I'll call this a 24.
GG48.jpg

Also, a little stumpage from GT(+). The gal's got big feet. If it looks wet, it is. I just gave her 8 gal.
Stump2.jpg

Have a great Sunday :420:

Ya eh Birdie. What a knarly lookin thing eh. Ugly but beautiful toe toes....:bravo: Major , everything cool bud, was wondering how Charlie is , down at the main gate. Please make sure to tell him to watch out for that family of skunks around midnight , tonight. The remote camera #4 spotted them last night down by the garden. Thanks bud. You and Mrs. Pita have a great night . Don't forget about the 11 o'clock alarm test Ok, we're only gonna run a "response" test for the Co2 mini gun turretts. It will only be for motion tracking and NO live fire exercise tonight ! Thanks again , cheers !:Namaste:

sent from my DeLorean...in the future!:ganjamon:

:reading420magazine:

Hey.. I was thinkin of you today...

First of all I also have a Zamaldelica from Ace growing out ad my Dads place. We put it in the greenhouse, which is too short to house a sativa but will be dry and warm for the long flowering. Well she is flowering:

KIMG2307.jpg
KIMG2305.jpg
KIMG2306.jpg
KIMG2304.jpg
KIMG2303.jpg

So the conversation went to to the fact that your Zamaldelica is just barely flowering. Of course it could be a pheno thing or a nutrient thing, but... maybe not.

I took a few clones and have distributed them to a bunch of folks everyone else is experiencing a late flower, but my dad...his plants are all flowering much sooner than anyone else.

He has 2 of my clones (identical to clones that I am growing): Blueberry OG, and an Afghan (free seed from Herbies). His are both smaller and were planted later. Mine are (MajorPITA size) huge and in partial sun (shade after 2:00 except for the tallest tops). My plants have just begun to flower and his are in full swing! He actualy is about to harvest a World of Seed Comombiam Gold...

It comes down to the moon thing.. He of course had the same moon as we did... He is completely outdoors (except the Z). But also all of his plants are much smaller than mine.... Could size play a part in flowering?

Pic of the colombian:
KIMG2300.jpg
KIMG2298.jpg
KIMG2295.jpg

Just some thoughts from my neck of Oregon...

I think there are 3 main factors to consider here: clones have a different response to sunlight than seeds, latitude difference, and last but not least climate.

Interesting!
I believe the late blooming is due to a combo of factors, but I can't explain it completely.
My ZD(+) is not a pure ZD. It was crossed with another unidentified sativa. Same for GT(+). I grew AS last year and I've been comparing photos each week. My guess is, this clone of last year's plant is about one week behind where it was last year.
The real oddball is LH. I have two cuttings from the same plant. One of them gets a little more sun early in the day since they are growing about 75 feet apart. The shaded plant is finally flowering but the one with more sun still doesn't even have pre-flowers yet.

Ya, I was thinking there might just be some Purple Haze genetics in that one. :laugh:

But also, I don't think Ace is famous for its uniform and stable strains. In fact, their promotional script often mentions the variety of strong phenos. That's the key - their phenos are usually vigorous, if not uniform.

So, it could be the Thai side of GT, or some PH genes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

... I wonder if a guy would want to take a clone for the winter ... :hmmmm: ... ? It might be worth fooling with if you had the time.

I think there are 3 main factors to consider here: clones have a different response to sunlight than seeds, latitude difference, and last but not least climate.

Hmmm. Well they are at the same latitude and climate. He only lives a few miles from me. Very flat area with no difference in climate. His garden gets full hot sunlight and I get mostly morning and early afternoon sun. Maybe that is the reason for the different flowering time. I'm sure he also used different types of fertilizer.

Here is a fun pic:
KIMG2230.jpg

Been lurking and enjoying your journal, thanks for your posts it's informative , I'm pretty close up the valley and have a slow plant also, I'll attach a picture for your review I think I'm in a race to maybe Finish it all depends on the late October rain
image17094.jpeg

Really great journal you have

Hmmm. Well they are at the same latitude and climate. He only lives a few miles from me. Very flat area with no difference in climate. His garden gets full hot sunlight and I get mostly morning and early afternoon sun. Maybe that is the reason for the different flowering time. I'm sure he also used different types of fertilizer.

Here is a fun pic:
KIMG2230.jpg
Pretty nice forest right there :thumb:

Well if Major's plants got crossed to another long flowering sativa I'd say that's the case.

The ZD(+) and GT(+) can be with ZD or GT or PH or PM or PA

:rofl:
It's looking like PH at this point. J/k about the Oldtimer's.
Having grown one GT(+) cross, I knew it wasn't going to finish outdoors, but had to see what GT and ZD could do with lots of soil and sun.

Ya, I was thinking there might just be some Purple Haze genetics in that one. :laugh:

But also, I don't think Ace is famous for its uniform and stable strains. In fact, their promotional script often mentions the variety of strong phenos. That's the key - their phenos are usually vigorous, if not uniform.

So, it could be the Thai side of GT, or some PH genes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

... I wonder if a guy would want to take a clone for the winter ... :hmmmm: ... ? It might be worth fooling with if you had the time.
Ditto on the PH. I doubt I'll take a cutting. I won't be growing indoors for a while (travel plans). If I managed to hold it all winter, I'd end up with the same problem next spring/summer.

Here is a fun pic:
KIMG2230.jpg
Very cool pic', lazyfish! Looks like we have a group of Rogue Valley growers.

And I was wondering if I would ever see Tarzan popping out in any of the outdoor grows I see... :rofl:
See photo above Birdy! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Been lurking and enjoying your journal, thanks for your posts it's informative , I'm pretty close up the valley and have a slow plant also, I'll attach a picture for your review I think I'm in a race to maybe Finish it all depends on the late October rain
image17094.jpeg

Really great journal you have
:thanks: Sophie, and :welcome: !!!
Your garden looks great and far enough along, you shouldn't have problems getting them through to harvest.
What are you growing? Hopefully some "8-9 week" strains.

Like I said above, the only real surprise is with the Liberty Haze plants. The others may be a week behind, but since I've only grown AS outdoors before (once), I'm guessing. Gorilla Glue is doing great and GASS is right where I expected. Trying 14-16 week sativas around here was just foolish. Luckily, I'm not relying on them for anything.

We had a heck of a blow last night around 10:00 pm. I haven't ventured down to the garden yet to see if it did any damage. Here's hoping everyone's grows are OK.
:high-five:

Well POOP!
That gust of wind last night really F'd things up. If it was flowering, it got beat up pretty bad. I went down to water this morning and found GASS face down it the dirt. Some large roots were ripped off (pencil sized). I drug her over next to the fence and laid her up against it to keep her upright. Time will tell if enough roots are OK for her to continue. Even if she does, I think I now have about a pound of dirt weed. AS was completely supercropped. All her colas are now one big mess in a single horizontal mass. I tried to separate them but the branches aren't going to hold themselves up any longer.
It is humbling to see mother nature undo 6 months of work in a few seconds.
At least I hadn't put the cover up yet. It would surely have broken the frame and made things even worse. The cover arrives today, but now I'm not sure I will put it up right away. We still have some gusty winds.

Sorry to hear about your loss Major!:sorry: Wind is one of the outdoor growers worst nightmares, or at least in my personal opinion.:lot-o-toke: Best of luck saving what you can!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom