Fun In The Sun 2016 - Tiger - Ape - Pitbull - Gorilla & More - Run Wild

:thedoubletake: I hope he wasn't after the :tokin: :blalol:
So far, they have not developed a taste for it. On the other hand, compost, blackberries, apple, pear and plum trees - not so fortunate. It is impressive to see one reach up with a single paw and rip a 3" branch off the tree.

he heard there was a Golden Tiger lurking somewhere! :rofl:
Lions and tigers and bears. Oh My! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm happy to report all looks about the same as yesterday morning. It appears they dodged this bullet. I lost some branches so yield will suffer a little, but no biggie. LH #1 got he worst of it but it isn't cooperating anyway. I was going to grab a couple of photos but my wife has the phone.

With this cool wet weather, I can tell all the plants' metabolism has slowed. They only got half the water they have been getting. I'm going to go after the remainder of AS and GG4 a little sooner than planned. I'll get more of AS on Wednesday and Saturday. I should have enough room to hang it by then. GG4 will follow on its heels as soon as I find room.

A couple more things to add to the list of lessons learned with this grow:
Where I live, stick to 6-8 week strains. Any longer is too "iffy".
I've been transplanting, solo cup > 1 gal > 7 gal > into ground. After seeing the root damage to LH and GASS, I'm thinking I may try to go from solo cup directly into the ground, or even plant seeds directly in the ground (fems/autos only). The reason is, I believe the roots aren't supporting these big plants well. The root systems developed in the smaller pots are not the same as those when the plant is left to its own devices. The main tap root does not travel as deep and it is not as large, making a layered, finer but weaker root structure. It works great indoors, but the roots are not nearly as studly for a plant getting hammered by wind even though the roots travel outward many feet. Anyone else feel this way?

Major , that makes perfect sense to me! It will be nice , if you could see , just how much the root system broke out of the "cages" and how far it traveled in your native soil. Your idea sounds good for transplanting too, but i think i would go from one gal. right into your ground. Next year will be even more awesome ...you and everyone else has learned so much watching you work outside this season....thank you very much for all you shared my friend! We have all benefited from your hard work and are appreciative of it , i'm sure of that. reps on the way Major....:bravo::thumb:

I'm happy to report all looks about the same as yesterday morning. It appears they dodged this bullet. I lost some branches so yield will suffer a little, but no biggie.

Soooo is one of your neighbors going to walk into their backyard and find a branch of resinous-covered goodness surely sent to them straight from the ganja gods?! :adore: :rofl:

Soooo is one of your neighbors going to walk into their backyard and find a branch of resinous-covered goodness surely sent to them straight from the ganja gods?! :adore: :rofl:

:rofl:

I am happy all is well PITA. No big losses or damages. :Namaste:

Major , that makes perfect sense to me! It will be nice , if you could see , just how much the root system broke out of the "cages" and how far it traveled in your native soil. Your idea sounds good for transplanting too, but i think i would go from one gal. right into your ground. Next year will be even more awesome ...you and everyone else has learned so much watching you work outside this season....thank you very much for all you shared my friend! We have all benefited from your hard work and are appreciative of it , i'm sure of that. reps on the way Major....:bravo::thumb:

Last year after harvest I found roots had traveled several feet, and that was after making their way through soft pots. I'm sure these roots went through the cages and continue outward quite a distance. But these roots are of the finer, wiry type used to up take nute's. What seems to be missing with transplants is a long, thick fibrous tap root to anchor the plant.

I was watching LH#2 while the wind blew, and it appeared the root ball created by the 1 gal pot was shifting in the surrounding soil (Promix). I don't think all those fine roots support the plant like a bigger tap root would if it had been allowed to "drill" down to the bottom of the 26 gal. pot before branching out into feeder roots.

Last year after harvest I found roots had traveled several feet, and that was after making their way through soft pots. I'm sure these roots went through the cages and continue outward quite a distance. But these roots are of the finer, wiry type used to up take nute's. What seems to be missing with transplants is a long, thick fibrous tap root to anchor the plant.

I was watching LH#2 while the wind blew, and it appeared the root ball created by the 1 gal pot was shifting in the surrounding soil (Promix). I don't think all those fine roots support the plant like a bigger tap root would if it had been allowed to "drill" down to the bottom of the 26 gal. pot before branching out into feeder roots.

This seems like a valid theory. I propose next year you test it with one transplant and one planted straight into the ground. Then you can examine the root mass after harvest. I doubt I'll ever have the chance to grow outdoors, but I'd still love to see your results.

Wow, just caught up with the grow and what a time you've been having. Hopefully you are having better weather these days.

Thanks Bumble!
Lots of rain still. At least this weather is holding back any freezing. It looks like I'll have at least another week to let them go.
I've been chopping and trimming a little AS and GG4 each day. I hope to finish with AS by this weekend. I'm going to try to let the remainder of GG4 go until the following week. After that, it is anybody's guess whether I'll get anything worth messing around with.

Re: Fun In The Sun 2016 - Tiger - Ape - Pitbull - Gorilla & More - Run Wild

Thanks Bumble!
Lots of rain still. At least this weather is holding back any freezing. It looks like I'll have at least another week to let them go.
I've been chopping and trimming a little AS and GG4 each day. I hope to finish with AS by this weekend. I'm going to try to let the remainder of GG4 go until the following week. After that, it is anybody's guess whether I'll get anything worth messing around with.
How's that GG4 treating you as a grower? Was over at a Breeding link, and Villageidiot recommended it as a house favorite. I'm thinking of adding to the group for the summer season.

Peaceful blazing

How's that GG4 treating you as a grower? Was over at a Breeding link, and Villageidiot recommended it as a house favorite. I'm thinking of adding to the group for the summer season.

Peaceful blazing

I love the way it looks and smells. I haven't tried any of it yet. I have a 1 gram nug just dry enough to sample today.
It has a strong citrus (lemony) smell mixed with sage and a little fuel. It is the fuzziest thing I've grown. It is hard to trim because the nugs are not well defined. The leaves get smaller and smaller, but not the usual structure, and even the fan leaves have crystals on them. It makes it difficult to decide where to trim (or even if I should trim).

I tried to get a photo of it, but my close up and magnified pic's always suck. Bad lighting and focus.
GG4_Nug-3_10-18-16.jpg

GG4_Nug-1_10-18-16.jpg
GG4_Nug-2_10-18-16.jpg

I love the way it looks and smells. I haven't tried any of it yet. I have a 1 gram nug just dry enough to sample today.
It has a strong citrus (lemony) smell mixed with sage and a little fuel. It is the fuzziest thing I've grown. It is hard to trim because the nugs are not well defined. The leaves get smaller and smaller, but not the usual structure, and even the fan leaves have crystals on them. It makes it difficult to decide where to trim (or even if I should trim).

I tried to get a photo of it, but my close up and magnified pic's always suck. Bad lighting and focus.
GG4_Nug-1_10-18-16.jpg
GG4_Nug-2_10-18-16.jpg

beautiful!! why trim??

name it 'Trike' :)

Back
Top Bottom