GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

Hello all.

I haven't said much lately about what's going on here. That's mostly because I try my best not to use a lot of profanity on this site. I'm not generally a potty-mouth, but at times when I'm having problems getting seedlings going things can -- and usually do -- turn a little "blue."

I'm currently on my third pair of the Green Crack & Purple Tahoe seed combination. The first two sets both failed me. These last 2 were soaked on 8/15. Both had tap roots by 8/16 and were buried in soil on that date. Then on 8/17 I got frustrated and soaked a Fruit Punch auto. It produced a tap root the next day and was buried in soil on the 18th.

Flash forward to today and the Green Crack is MIA. I peeked in the soil and see her in there but she's making no effort to come out and see me.

The Purple Tahoe emerged on yesterday, however. And she seems to be okay.
Purple Tahoe 8-22-22 D2.JPG

The Fruit Punch auto also emerged yesterday, but she doesn't look so good. She has only a single cotyledon. That discovery led to another tidal wave of profanities. 😬
Fruit Punch auto 8-22-22 D2.JPG

The Purple Dream that emerged from the soil on 8/6 is taking her sweet time developing roots and growing. That doesn't bother me so much. At least she's alive.
Purple Dream 8-22-22 D16.jpg

Anyway, this germination cycle has been a real shit storm (oops).

I really want to grow a Green Crack but just can't seem to get one going, and I've only got 2 beans left to try. My gut tells me go ahead and try -- that this is just a phase that will pass. But my mind tells me %&@* !%#*^$%! (in so many words).

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

I'm feeling your pain here mate :hug: I have a couple of babies just pulling through over here. I had one with no cotyledons at all and she is just starting her first set of leaves 😄 don't get to disheartened mate just look at what you have achieved already I this wonderful world of weed :green_heart:

Hey, 2-1/2 out of four ain't bad ..:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hello growers.

Well this grow is not exactly off to a whiz-bang start. Germination issues have abounded and I've ended up with 2 photo seedlings and a single auto seedling.

The Purple Dream photoperiod that surfaced on Aug. 6th is on day 22. To me she seems a little too green and a little too small for her age. Also, her root production is woefully slow and I don't like the way her leaves are curled. She's hanging in there though!
Purple Dream 8-28-22 D.jpg

The Purple Tahoe photoperiod (front left) and the Fruit Punch auto (rear) are on day 7.
The Green Crack photoperiod on the right (the 3rd such seed I'm trying to birth) had the nerve to show her head. That's her at the tip of the red arrow. But she never shed her helmet and has not grown even a micrometer since she poked her head up. That helmet is on there tight and nothing I've done has loosened it up. Oh well.:straightface:
Tgiving Harvest 8-28-22 Day7 label.jpg

The Fruit Punch emerged from soil with just a single cotyledon but has started her second set of leaves nonetheless.
Fruit Punch auto 8-28-22 D7.JPG

I will not be deterred! I've got 2 more Green Crack beans remaining. I'm going to drop both of them in the near future and try again (and again)!

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Are any of these seed from the auctions?
The auto is from @Herbies Seeds, but yes, the two purple ones are from the auctions. But thus far I have no issues with the Purple Tahoe baby. It's the other one that has my attention. 🧐

Sorry to hear of the seed troubles. I've been there, too and it's very frustrating. Hope they all sprout going forward to long, healthy lives.

I feel for ya, GDB- I've had my share of germination problems..:rolleyes:.fortunately, the bad luck doesn't last forever..but it does last longer than we want it to...

I feel for ya, GDB- I've had my share of germination problems..:rolleyes:.fortunately, the bad luck doesn't last forever..but it does last longer than we want it to...
Thanks C.

How's your new baby doing? You know I'll need more than Monday updates! :)

She's doing ok, although I've already got a few yellow leaves...and there's only 8, so I can't spare very many 😁
I think maybe she just hasn't grown in to the grow dot enriched soil yet... that's the theory, anyhow...
Between my journal, and the comparative grow, I will be updating a little more often than usual - not much to report on yet, though..

She's doing ok, although I've already got a few yellow leaves...and there's only 8, so I can't spare very many 😁
I think maybe she just hasn't grown in to the grow dot enriched soil yet... that's the theory, anyhow...
Between my journal, and the comparative grow, I will be updating a little more often than usual - not much to report on yet, though..
What soil did you put her in? (Get used to the questions. :) )

Promix HP, with a little Dynomyco and Real Growers Recharge added about 6 days prior to transplant, and the Dots, which were mixed in ten minutes before the plant went in.
This plant's not giving me that warm, fuzzy feeling yet, but I think she'll get there...

I feel for you GDB. Are there any time constraints involved for your grows or doesn't that matter?
Thanks Carmen.

There are no time constraints other than the one I've implied in the title of the journal. :laughtwo:

I've got no issue with @Herbies Seeds AutoNPF. With regard to that auto that emerged with a single cotyledon, well, stuff happens! I'm thinking she's gonna' be a real trooper. :)
Oh I didnt think ya did, just that if things went topsy turvy with any of their product.
Thats a Heavyweight Seeds genetics auto ? Ill be watching how she comes back on, on my own girls this summer everyone that had a rough seedling start has wound up being a bigger yielder than their sisters that didnt have it quite so bad in their germ/ seedy start. Im wondering if some autos do better with a little bit of stress early on... crazy I know lol.

Shes gonna grow up and be a knockout! ;)

Back
Top Bottom