Green Knight Berry Bomb Hydro CFL - Experiment #1: Supercropped Defoliated ScROG

Yep... I love CFLs though I want to try other styles.. This will be my 3rd grow with CFLs only. Your grow will do great!!

They seem to get a bit of a knocking and they're by no means perfect, but for the money and in a small space they're pretty good. Hps just gives out too much heat unfortunately and it's a bit of a trade off I think when space is limited and you can't easily kill that heat. You can blatantly get excellent results with CFL's as you and many others have shown.
I just wish they could redesign the bulbs and reflectors so the bulb was like an upside down T, with the fluorescent tubes making the cross of the T and the ballast/fitting coming out of the middle on the top of the bulb which then just plugs in to the middle of reflector, rather than screwing in to the side. It would remove the dead zone on one side and make them much more efficient. the reflector would be taller so less useful if you're height limited.

no prob thanks for growing out a bb while i wait to do mine,, i got some gdp beans for xmas and its all bout the gdp & blue dream for me right now

Nice! They'll be sweet!

I'm looking forward to seeing how the bb turns out. Probably not like Bomb seeds' photo unfortunately! Jon's bb is further ahead than mine and looks lovely and I saw another journal with a bb that looked incredible (but can't remember who's which is rubbish) so I'm hopeful it won't disappoint. But I am quite looking forward to growing Super Lemon Haze in the future!

So I had a tidy yesterday after Vick's advice and some really good tips on supercropping into flower in his last journal. I realised that I've been being a bit of a pussy with her since switching to 12/12 and should take more advantage of the stretch to get the last training in and keep the canopy as even as possible before she shows flowers. Having given her such a hard time up until flipping the lights I don't really know why I suddenly went all delicate with her - she's already shown how resilient she is!!

Anyway, I did quite a bit of supercropping and rearranging.
Before:
IMG_143212.JPG

IMG_143513.JPG

Immediately after:
IMG_144112.JPG

IMG_144012.JPG

IMG_143813.JPG

And today:
IMG_144410.JPG

IMG_14458.JPG

Looks a lot better and is really starting to fill the screen in nicely.

Thanks for all of the advice everyone!

Now that is what I'm talking about!!!!
Beautiful job.:bravo:
That is going to even out so nicely, and you might even fill the whole thing once stretch is over.
It's all about getting the courage up to actually commit with super cropping.
And it looks like you did just that!
:thumb:

We have lift off - Day 11 of 12/12, Day 1 of flowering:

IMG_144710.JPG

IMG_144815.JPG

IMG_145010.JPG

IMG_145112.JPG

I've drained the res, flushed everything and now switched to Flores nutes. The Canna feed schedule recommends banging the EC up again but I'm keeping it at 1.5 - it's slightly too hot as is, but not by much, so I don't see any benefit in increasing it further, it's just asking to cause problems. It's the greatest thing with an EC meter, you really get a feel for how the plant's dealing with the nutes before any problems arise. It's very easy to blindly follow the feed schedules and get problems (I did exactly that with my first grows years back). An EC meter just gives a whole new layer of information.

So we go from here. In 21 days time she'll get a big defoliation, and between now and then I'll rearrange tops where and when I can to spread things out, supercrop if necessary but keep it to a minimum, and let her do her thing. Fingers crossed we'll get some nice bud and I'll be stoned again in 2-3 months!

It's the greatest thing with an EC meter, you really get a feel for how the plant's dealing with the nutes before any problems arise. It's very easy to blindly follow the feed schedules and get problems (I did exactly that with my first grows years back). An EC meter just gives a whole new layer of information.
Too true:thumb:

I'll be stoned again in 2-3 months!
and for 2-3 months:lot-o-toke:

The screen looks so sexy GK lol!

You're encouraging me to put a plant under a screen to give it a shot. I forgot, is this your first time with a scrog? I bet you already like it huh?

Thanks iSmokes - it does make everything look very neat and tidy, which I like (though I am by no means an especially tidy person in day to day life, more of a clutterer!)

Yeah, it's the first time I've ever done a scrog - I'm hoping it helps make the lower light penetration of the cfl less of an issue by evening up the canopy, and also help me to get the absolute maximum out of the space. I do really like it so far, but now we're starting to flower I think the real test begins. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out - I'm hoping for a carpet of nice fat buds, fingers crossed. We'll see!

Man you seriously have to be happy with that! Looks really nice. Interesting on what you say about the canna feed schedule. I have found mine have prob been slightly too hot but am in flush now so not to much of a big deal but i will definalty be dialling them back a smidge next round. Have you got your boost running in your res also? I have just finished and opened a new bottle and i tell you what it nearly makes me cry everytime i have to go buy another. Damn expensive! Might have to do a side by side one round! Be interesting to see the results. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom