Heady's Current Grow In Progress x 5

Re: Headys current grow in progress x 5

Dt, I honestly do not know,

Was received from Clone 4 grows ago....and I continue to clone em out.

BB, welcome in ...
Not alot happening and kinda at the boring stage, just letting things happen :high-five:

Subbed... Thanxx for participating in THE REPS ARE RIGHT this week Heady.

I have a quick question about changing my 12/12 schedule.....???.

I am currently running 12/12 nearly 3 weeks lights on 9pm lights off 9am.

I chose this time to help with lights aiding in heating the room during coldest temps outside and any advantage of cheaper power at night vs full day rates(not even sure if that's possible lol)

This schedule makes it a pain to play in the flower room.....currently I use 2 - 24W green CFLs so I can work during dark times.

SO..............

My question is, can I adjust my 12/12 to on at 3am and off at 3pm from my current on at 9pm and off at 9am.

I don't want hermies obviously, but I would benefit from the change in the 12/12 schedule.

Yes? ...No?....

:reading420magazine:

Someone on this site had a method for doing what you want to do. I'm going to check around and see if I can find that thread. If someone answers in the meantime, I will disregard. :thumb:
Okay, here's what I came up with:
To change your 12/12 times:
During 12/12, either extend dark or shorten light, never extend light.

Use these principles to get your lights onto the schedule you want.

Hey Dan,
I asked the same question last grow. The answer was extend the dark period. Maybe in two phases? I think light on during dark would be worse than dark for a longer period. Just my 2 cents!

Hey Dan,
I asked the same question last grow. The answer was extend the dark period. Maybe in two phases? I think light on during dark would be worse than dark for a longer period. Just my 2 cents!
That's what I came up with too. Darkness promotes the flowering, not harm it. So better to be dark longer than light longer. I would move the timer for a longer dark period and adjust the lights to come back on when you want them to, then adjust the dark to 12/12 again.
Does that make sense heady?

It's all about darkness and hormones. The hormone that causes flowering is made during darkness and anything less than 11/12 hours will upset the balance. So you do it gradually, always extending the dark period an hour or two a day.

:thumb:

Nice big ones ya got there, Heady!

thanks for the input all.....

so at my current 9pm on - 9am off........

Round 1 - I would go 12am on 12pm off for first set of 12/12 adjustment, this adds 3 extra hrs of darkness

Round 2 - then 3am on 3pm off to get to light schedule I want? again adds 3 extra hrs of darkness

Sound correct?

Should be ok. I'd slow it down unless I was in a big hurry. It's kind of an ugly risk. :cheesygrinsmiley:

... like ... 11AM for a couple days ... 1 PM for another couple, then 3PM.

I don't speak from experience, though - haven't done it myself. I've altered the cycle, but only by a couple hours.

So my advice is worth what you paid for it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I agree Gray, I think for now, it is what it is. I can't afford a mistake at this stage.

Better planning next time for me :)

Reps to Canna, Gray and Mac thanks for the speedy replies. :thumb:

This I can tell you from personal experience. I had to change the light schedule on LAVERNE's 1st go round in the flowering stage to accommodate my schedule. It was a 3hr difference & I did it all at once. When I adjusted it I made the dark period 3hrs longer that night & then went straight 12/12 from there. Never had any problems. She actually showed a little more bud growth that week.

Back
Top Bottom