Heady's Current Grow In Progress x 5

GeorgeFoster

Hello all, and I guess I've gained enough confidence to make a journal of whats currently in the grow room.

First off a little into:

I am a noob at growing for the most part, but one that has learned on a fast curve thanks to READING via the internet, you tube, and cruising the occasional weed forum.

I have 8 completed grows under my belt all in soil, summer outdoors and winter indoors and one total disaster indoor that I had to pull 7 ripe ladies 3 weeks from being done due to a mite infestation I just lost control of.

So that's my past and by having everything from many nute and ph problems, powdery mildew, mites, thrips, catepilers, aphids, and botritus(sp?) I have learned the hard way and probably the best way for me.

Ok enough about me....

My Current grow has morphed from something that should have flowered and be in jars to my babies just now hitting week #2 of flower.

Long story short I had to slow down the growth until I could get everything under control and get my shit back in line and start over from scratch saving my precious clones to keep my strain.

So here we are at wk 2, day 1.

Strains:
From clones taken 7/28/13
1 LA Con long stretch pheno currently topped to control height
1 LA Con short pheno currently topped to control height

From clones taken 6/25/13
1 Blue cheese untouched
1 Blue cheese LST as an experiment
1 Northern Lights #5 that was a rogue clone originally given to me. I highly doubt it's NL5
Super cropped but had many issues with water, nutes, etc and is a runt. This is her last grow.

Fox farm OF with perlite at a mix of 60/40 in 3 gal black pots.
Fox farm nutes both trios of liquid and granular and sledgehammer flush
Black strap molasses
Cal mag or epsom salt as needed.

Room is 7' x 7' x 8'
2 600w electronic ballast capable of 110/220 MH/HPS switchable/dimable, running on 220 at 100%
Hoods 2...basic $29 wings
1 - 7" direct vent ceiling fan rated at 575cfm's

Well that is my start, I will get in the grow room and try and get some pics and follow the flowering process.

Pics to follow in the next few hrs, sorry about that.

Re: Headys current grow in progress x 5

Okay snapped a few fresh pics this morning....

Week 2 of flower 12/12 schedule
Current temps are lights on 82, lights off 75, humidity varies around 38%

La Con / topped 4 weeks ago to control height
0031513.JPG

La Con / topped 3 weeks ago to control height
0061180.JPG

Blue cheese / untouched
0071118.JPG

Blue cheese / LST experiment, need to get my screen on her asap.
0081024.JPG

NL #5? just not sure what she is, she has struggled from clone / super cropped but she hated it.
009915.JPG

Had some heat issues a few weeks back but so far today everything is looking great.

A little yellowing at the tips lately so I recently sprayed with epsom solution and then added 1 tsp per gal to the water ph'd to 6.5 and gave her a drink.

Thanks Dres, I have tweeked grows before but usually go for pot it and forget it.

I didn't get to train her as a baby as I made the decision when it was about 24" tall but we will see just how well she does.

Thanks LA :high-five:

I kinda figured it needed more work but I just screened her last night, to be honest I have played with training tech in the past, but this was the first one to try and see if I wanted to do it again with lst and see what results I may get.

I'll add a pic tonight when the lights come back on now that she's under the screen.

I doubt I'm doing it right, but ya gotta learn somewhere.

Thanks for stopping in and the reply really appreciate it. :thanks:

Here she is screened 40" x 36"

The screen takes up a third of my flower area, going to get tight in there the next 8 weeks.

Still some green tips through out the room, humidity is around 24% going to have to get a mister in there tomorrow and get up some, temps steady high82 - low72

0031516.JPG

Hi Canna and thank you,

lovely snow day here and I am currently out of work and nothing to do in the grow room:scratchinghead:....bored is an understatement.:nomo:

Just going thru :420: reading and reading and reading lately, high brix, power conservation,, bud washing, rock wool cloning, and all the journals I am subscribed to.

But ya, still bored as heck :Namaste:

Drifting, blowing snow and frigid cold here. Am NOT looking forward to the drive home from work. I can't wait to get to my nice warm cozy cannabis healthy home tonight. LOL
Have fun, and let us know when you've reached the end of the reading here......kind of like when you have reached the end of the internet.:rofl:

Time for a quick update:

Things are looking good and today is day 16 of flip on 12/12

Still struggling getting RH up as it wants to be around 20 and spikes to 33 after watering.

I have a tub for evaporation but I would like to get the humidity up around 40% but we will see who things go.

When I tried to control height on the LA's I just plucked the top node out hoping it would be a week or so and I would flip, but a 2 week trip away from home and having to fix the damage done while gone prolonged the flip another week.

If you look closely you can see a "FLUX" at the top of each LA for a split top COLA....was not intentional and not sure how this will affect final yield, but I am sure to some degree.

So here's the money shots....

LA #1
0011592.JPG

The group:
LA #2 is left back corner, Rogue is tucked in between the LA's and the untouched Blue cheese resting against the LST frame
0021587.JPG

Close up of bud development...many weeks to go.
0041438.JPG

Another shot at the top of the Rogue
0051364.JPG

Blue Cheese LST
0031526.JPG

And my last 2 Blue Cheese clones.....Going to mother 1 and clone, clone clone her...the other undecided.
Both have been topped about a week+ ago and stripped lightly once, 2 days ago.
They were taken from the mother 10/26, so about 7 weeks ago, this includes repairing damage done while I was away for 2 weeks.
0061193.JPG

So there they are...I have been lurking alot lately but I am still here :)

Seahawks play tomorrow West coast time 10am - 1pm. GO HAWKS.

Looks great in there Heady, that scrog is filling up wonderfully! I cannot see any damage or repair, so that must mean you did a perfect job of bringing them back to lively. :thumb:
How much taller do you expect LA and Blue Cheese to get? Looks like a mini forest already, play land for the gnomes. :cool:

I have read where people have hung wet towels in the grow area too, to get RH up. Might be worth a try.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi Canna, thanks, sure am loving the beans you have developing as well.

They are all done stretching maybe get another 1 or 2 inches over all after full bud developement.

Didn't get proper stripping/training on the lst either but it is what it is, learned alot here lately that will aid in my next attempt that's for sure :Namaste:

I had so many issues going into this grow and basically forced it along.

I will be doing my full 8 in my next grow unless I find a suitable candidate for an LA fluxing before hand :thumb:

Keep it green, many fat sticky swollen colas to all.

Back
Top Bottom