Icemud's Organic SCROG! Grow 3.0

Today is day 49 Veg and I gave the girls there compost/amendment tea today. The ladies seemed pretty thirsty and with the topdressing of my 6-5-3 +lava sand, I think tomorrow they will be looking ever so vibrant. I will get some photos up tomorrow when the MH only is on so I can get a better coloration on the photo's.

I also am trying to decide the final placement of the sour bubble plant before the Scrogging begins. The sour bubble is a very slow grower, as well as I have read that she really doesn't stretch much in flowering, so I am contemplating putting the platinum bubba's on the outside and moving the blackberry kush and sour bubble to the middle of the tent. I have a feeling that the bubba's will stretch a bit more than the other 2 so they would be better on the outsides.

If anyone has grown platinum bubba or bubblegum before and would like to share there experience with stretching, the info would be greatly appreciated. So far it seems that sour bubble and blackberry kush are more bushy than anything so I am hoping that this plan will work out :)

Well thank you to everyone who has helped keep my journal alive and "growing" !! I appreciate all of you!

Did I miss something while reading this journal? You said more pics when the MH only is on. What are you doing with the lights that I missed. Are the MH and HPS on at different times? When together and why the adjustments?

Keep it Growing Chronicly !!​

Did I miss something while reading this journal? You said more pics when the MH only is on. What are you doing with the lights that I missed. Are the MH and HPS on at different times? When together and why the adjustments?

My lights are running at the Gas Lamp Routine. My lighting currently is this..

Metal halide on for 12, off for 12...(3pm to 3am)
HPS on 6pm and off at 1:30am (this gives 7.5 hours of dual spectrum lighting), also HPS comes on for 1 hour during the dark period to break up the dark cycle for the GLR.

with each 2 weeks that pass I have been adding an extra hour of HPS light to the daylight cycle. My main purpose for this is small veging plant's do not need as much light, so no point in running 800w of light for small veging plants. The 2nd reason is that with the changing seasons from spring to summer to fall, the light intensity changes.. In summer you have your most intense lighting for most of the day and as the fall enters, the higher intensity light starts diminishing. Also with the season's there is a color shift in light, usually the light during late summer and fall has a more red hue to it, so the addition of the HPS is there to simulate this increasing red light.

Makes sense. So when you start flowering are you gonna go straight red to simulate a lower intensity? Are you gonna eliminate the blue?
:peacetwo:

Makes sense. So when you start flowering are you gonna go straight red to simulate a lower intensity? Are you gonna eliminate the blue?
:peacetwo:

Not completely remove, but will change my 400w Ushio MH to a 400w ceramic metal halide, which still has blue, but has the red like a HPS bulb,

Whoa, I didn't even know that a MH could come in more of a full spectrum. Gotta 400 MH that was given to me by a friend, gonna have to check the specs on the bulb. So you're goin blue and red with a less intense blue. How far into flowering before you change to the less intense blue?
:peace:

Whoa, I didn't even know that a MH could come in more of a full spectrum. Gotta 400 MH that was given to me by a friend, gonna have to check the specs on the bulb. So you're goin blue and red with a less intense blue. How far into flowering before you change to the less intense blue?

I will be switching the 400w MH to the CMH around the same time I flip to 11/13 lighting. I want the increased red during the stretch because red is supposed to promote more stretching where as blue is more compact nodes.

I love how you have the dual spectrum going, is it true that you can only run CMH's on Magnetic ballasts?

I believe so...at least that is also what I have read. I wish they made 600w CMH, I would be all over it if there was...lol

Here are some photo's I shot yesterday on day 50.

Blackberry kush
DSC04746.JPG

Platinum Bubba
DSC047494.JPG

DSC047481.JPG

Silverback OG
DSC047473.JPG

Holy Grail OG
DSC047513.JPG

Sour Bubble
DSC047501.JPG

Full Tent View
DSC047521.JPG

Very nice green screen! :goodjob:

Well upon checking the girls today I noticed that my sour bubble had PM spots on quite a few of the older fan leaves. I pulled off any leaves that had even tiny spots of PM, was quite a few leaves! damn... yesterday she was healthy as heck, and today spots!!! well after I yanked off all the infected leaves, I mixed up a spray of

1L R/O water
1/10th milk
10ml neem oil
2ml of AN Rhinoskin (potassium silicate)
a few drops of PH up (potassium silicate and potassium carbonate)

I raised my lights to the top of the roof, turned off my HPS and shaded my MH. I sprayed my sour bubble extremely well, top and bottom of leaves, as well as sprayed all the other girls, just to kill any spores that might have traveled. I stuck a box fan blowing into my tent on high until the leaves dried completely, waited a good 10 more minutes and then lowered my lights back down and turned my HPS back on.

I hopefully have caught it in time but I have a feeling it will be back. The marine layer has been coming in really thick and the humidity at night has been 60%. I don't have the money to buy a de-humidifier so I will just have to run my wall heater to dry out the air...

Well I will keep checking the girls to see if it comes back. At least so far my two platinum bubba's that had it before are not showing any signs which is really good.

Today is day 52 of veg. The ladies seem to have really liked there foliar spray as they look really healthy and happy and super green today! I checked my sour bubble and no PM today so hopefully it will remain that way but we will see in the next week.

I'm actually surprised that after pulling off a large handful of leave's off the sour bubble, she seems to have reacted positively to the defoliation and seems to have shot up an 1" or so overnight... hmmm I wonder if it was the potassium silicate? I will keep close watch on the girls and try to keep the humidity down as well.

Last night I was reading that temps in excess of 90F will kill off PM and inhibit its growth, so since I do have CO2 supplementation I decided to give it a try. From what I was reading, 1 hour of heat over 90F will definitely help reduce a PM problem so I cranked up my HPS to 600w, turned off all my fans and it took about 15 mins for the tent to reach 90F at the foliar region. I let it sit this way for approx 1 hour, then opened the tent, turned the fans back on and hoped... lol

Well with all of the natural PM control Methods, seems that today they look good. :) Lets hope they continue to grow this way.

things are really about to start getting exciting over here. So I have decided on my next grow to SCROG like you. I have about the same size space and I think this is the best way to maximize space using the growing style we are (High Brix). I am going to do a huge update soon, I have just been so busy, as I am now working 3 jobs and have no time. But I already have started training my clones that are going in, and I am like 45 days after flip. But looks great and I cant wait to see em flower!! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom