Icemud's Organic SCROG! Grow 3.0

Hey there ICE! I know I haven't posted before in here, but we have crossed many high brix paths on here :thumb:
Your plants look outstanding :thumb: I just really wanted to stop and say so!
This is really a great test for high brix gardening, you have your scrog, Vape has his SOG, Doc and I have trees (mine are over 4' now).
I think this is really a great time on 420!

BTW - sorry about your PM issue, but from what I have read you are going about exactly as I would. I sure hope you kicks it butt!

Keep up the most excellent work :thumb:

:peace:

things are really about to start getting exciting over here. So I have decided on my next grow to SCROG like you. I have about the same size space and I think this is the best way to maximize space using the growing style we are (High Brix). I am going to do a huge update soon, I have just been so busy, as I am now working 3 jobs and have no time. But I already have started training my clones that are going in, and I am like 45 days after flip. But looks great and I cant wait to see em flower!! :Namaste:

Hey Mikey420! glad to have you swing thru... I know what you mean about being busy, lately I have been scrambling to get a job, and a buddy of mine hired me on for part time to help market his business. Have had 2 interviews too this week and still one pending from a week ago so I am hoping all my devotion pays off. I really am lovin this High Brix growing...it is just amazing on how different my leaves and stems look than other non-high brix grows... it really makes a huge difference!!! I can't wait to test my 1st High Brix nugs!!

I definitely gotta say the SCROG for a small area is the way to go...I think you will be amazed at how much yield is possible with scrggin, just keep heavy LST before you scrog so you have tons of "tops" to work with when there high enough for the screen!! Also, another lesson I learned it to fill the screen up completely, wait a day or 2 and then flip, and it seems to produce more cola's, than trying to flip early and guide the branches thru :) I can't wait to see it in progress!!

Hey there ICE! I know I haven't posted before in here, but we have crossed many high brix paths on here :thumb:
Your plants look outstanding :thumb: I just really wanted to stop and say so!
This is really a great test for high brix gardening, you have your scrog, Vape has his SOG, Doc and I have trees (mine are over 4' now).
I think this is really a great time on 420!

BTW - sorry about your PM issue, but from what I have read you are going about exactly as I would. I sure hope you kicks it butt!

Keep up the most excellent work :thumb:

Thank's MSquared for the kind words!!! With all the High Brix growing going on in here, we need to start the High Brix *insert* (we need a name! :) hmmm... the High Brix Hierarchy lol??

lol I am so happy that DocBud brought this method to all of us with kindness!! It truly is a new level of growing!!! I will try to find some time in the next few days to keep up with everyones journals and catch up. Hopefully I will have good news to share about a job offer! Also, thanks for the encouragement on my PM attacks...so far so good but I will keep monitoring them..

Tremendous garden! Plants look really healthy on High BRIX diet!!

Thanks Ajagunle for the compliments and for cruising on over !! much appreciate you stopping thru, come by anytime! :)

Day 55 Veg...

Well yesterday I noticed that my Holy Grail OG and my Blackberry kush started to look a little wilty, so I knew they were ready for a feeding very soon. This round I decided to give them a Earthjuice Feeding and my next feeding in about a week will be another compost tea.

I mixed 4.5 gallons of 0ppm R/O D/I water with:
Earthjuice Grow 100ml
Earthjuice Bloom 40ml
Earthjuice Catalyst 30ml
Earthjuice Microblast 20ml
Earthjuice MetaK 20ml

Humboldt Humic Acid 8% 40ml
Advanced Nutrients Carboload 15ml
Advanced Nutrients Organic B 40ml
Hydrolyzed fish 2-4-0 40ml
Gen Org. Cal/mag 5:1 30ml

CaCOO powdered 2TBSP
1TBSP soft rock phosphate
.5TBSP gypsum

This mix was bubbled for 24 hours and fed about 2 hours after the light came on for the day.

I also used some of this mix for a foliar spray at a 1:5 ratio with R/O water, Gave the girls a good soaking, turned on my fans high with my lights raised until dry and then lowered the light's back to normal.

My Holy Grail OG was pretty saggy due to being dry, and it was crazy to watch the leaves perk up after feeding. They would start at the lower leaves and slowly the leaves perked up going towards the top... awesome to see this in action over the period of like 15 minutes..

Well I will post some photo's in a little while :)

Day 55 Veg

Well today we are at day 55 veg and so far the ladies are looking great... Here are today's photos. The ones with MH only were about 1/2 hour after feeding and foliar spray and the Dual spectrum photo's are later in the day. Notice how the Holy Grail OG in the back left perked up!

DSC047731.JPG

DSC047741.JPG

DSC047751.JPG

DSC047762.JPG

DSC047771.JPG

DSC047781.JPG

DSC047791.JPG

DSC047801.JPG

DSC047812.JPG

DSC047821.JPG

Thank's MSquared for the kind words!!! With all the High Brix growing going on in here, we need to start the High Brix *insert* (we need a name! :) hmmm... the High Brix Hierarchy lol??

lol I am so happy that DocBud brought this method to all of us with kindness!! It truly is a new level of growing!!! I will try to find some time in the next few days to keep up with everyones journals and catch up. Hopefully I will have good news to share about a job offer! Also, thanks for the encouragement on my PM attacks...so far so good but I will keep monitoring them..

No problem and thank you! You are right we (high brix gardners) need some sort of name. We should get all the other HB gardners' input though. I am sure with a little time I will come up with a few.

Not sure if the others, but I have noticed (please chime in) that insects/pests like to try to get into the HB soil (I mean who wouldn't its so loaded with natural/organic goodness), but have a real problem doing any real damage as the plants are SO healthy.
I have not dealt with PM, but the gnats love to try to build a home LOL. They only make it a cycle of their life before they seem to choke on the sugary goodness. and die :)

GOOD LUCK with the JOB. The hardest job is always trying to get one...

No problem and thank you! You are right we (high brix gardners) need some sort of name. We should get all the other HB gardners' input though. I am sure with a little time I will come up with a few.

Not sure if the others, but I have noticed (please chime in) that insects/pests like to try to get into the HB soil (I mean who wouldn't its so loaded with natural/organic goodness), but have a real problem doing any real damage as the plants are SO healthy.
I have not dealt with PM, but the gnats love to try to build a home LOL. They only make it a cycle of their life before they seem to choke on the sugary goodness. and die :)

GOOD LUCK with the JOB. The hardest job is always trying to get one...

I put a plant among some fava beans and blackberries that have real bad aphids, ants and some little black dot thingys that I have no idea what they are. And the girl has literally been right in the midst of them for a month now, and ive let the pests on the other plants do what they want, but my MMJ High Brix girl, is shining....literally. :Namaste:

Hey everyone, today is day 58 of veg and the ladies are looking really healthy today. I have had a batch of compost tea bubbling for 2 days and fed the girls today. This was a very basic compost tea.

4.5gallons of R/O water
1 compost tea bag with (EWC, kelp, volcanic rock) and alaskan forest humus
Added about 1/4 cup of low N high P bat guano
Added 1TBSP of molasses
15ml of Carboload
15ml of Hygrozyme

After feeding I noticed that my front middle Platinum bubba again had just a few leaves with some PM developing. So I mixed up another natural PM antifungal mixture for a foliar spray

1L R/O water
1/10L milk
1 tbsp Cinnamon
10ml neem oil
1 tbsp of Baking soda
30ml of 3% H2O2
Garlic cloves

I sprayed only my platinum bubba's and my sour bubble since these are the only ones that keep getting repeat infections. The humidity still has been rather high so it has been a pretty favorable environment for PM, but it seems that the foliar sprays are working. I may just also have to do it more frequently. I also will be cleaning the inside of my grow tent in a few days, wiping down the walls with a light H202 solution and I also have a UV-C germicidal lamp that I will be running over the tent to help kill off any spores. Hopefully this will help stop the PM infections.

I also decided today was the day to swap out my 400w Ushio MH for my 400w CMH. The difference being a slighly fuller spectrum as well as higher red end in the spectrum. This should help increase stretching as I get closer to filling the screen and flipping to flowering. I still think it is going to be another week or 2 before the flip.

Well here are today's photo's with just the MH on.

Shots with the Ushio MH
DSC047831.JPG

DSC047851.JPG

DSC047871.JPG

DSC047881.JPG

DSC047891.JPG

Shots with Phillips CMH (notice the slightly warmer light)
DSC047951.JPG

DSC047941.JPG

DSC047931.JPG

A few of the Scrog Close ups
DSC047901.JPG

DSC047921.JPG

Loving your scrog icemud.

so green and lush. I want to run a few high brix pots now.

seems to really be catchig on here at :420:.

keep up the great work and green garden.

Thanks for the compliment Shottafire! I'm happy to hear your going High Brix! I still cant believe how healthy my plants are, you will be amazed!

still love looking at your vscrog dude
:goodjob:

:thumb:

Thank's ChronicHemphog! Stick around and in about a week or 2 we should be flipping over to flowering. Thats when the scrog takes full effect :)

Thanks for the compliment Shottafire! I'm happy to hear your going High Brix! I still cant believe how healthy my plants are, you will be amazed!

Thank's ChronicHemphog! Stick around and in about a week or 2 we should be flipping over to flowering. Thats when the scrog takes full effect :)

be waiting on pins and needles

Hey everyone! Today is day 60 of Veg and my plant's are looking really happy. I think, or at least hope I am winning the battle against the PM. I have been giving the girls a foliar spray about every 2 days and it is all things I have found on the internet that are effective against PM.

Foliar Spray:
1L regular tap water (used regular this time because of the bicarbonates in the water, known to kill PM)
1-2ml of general organics PH up (potassium carbonate, potassium silicate) both known to help control and kill PM, also raises the leaf PH above 7 which stops PM from growing
1TBSP of powdered cinnamon
1TBSP of Powdered Garlic
10ml neem oil
5ml of organic soap (as a wetting agent, all natural oils so also added minerals for the plants) saponins

So far I have not seen any new PM forming but I will keep my fingers crossed. I also went out and bought some lysol and sprayed a rag and wiped down all sides of my grow tent very well. I hope that any spores have now been eliminated and my babies can continue to grow healthy. I want to make sure the PM is gone before flowering because I don't want to be spraying my girls buds with anything! The humidity has also been still pretty high so I have been running my heater to help dry the air... I don't have a humidifier and don't have the money to get one right now...

Overall my girls look super healthy thanks to good care and the High Brix method of growing. I am hoping to flip to flowering soon, but I am waiting for my sour bubble, platinum bubba's and blackberry kush to grow a little more so I can form more tops before flowering. The sour bubble and blackberry kush are very slow growing plants, and very leafy. I read that the sour bubble is a 2+ month veg for a large yield so I don't mind giving them a little extra time to really reach up to the screen.

My holy grail og and silverback og are really taking over the tent, sprawling everywhere with tons of growth and lengthy shoots. I have found a way to manage to make the vertical scrogging more effective by letting the plants grow up a good 2" and then tucking the top down under the next metal bar, shaping it like a question mark. I found that as long as the main top is horizontal, it forces growth on the lower nodes quickly, so overall the goal is to keep tucking the tops from vertical to horizontal every 2 days. This seems to promote the best overall scrog effect.

Well here are the photo's!

I shot some with the dual lighting on, and then turned off the HPS so you can see the amazing color of these girls!
The white and brown dot's on the leaves are the bits of cinnamon and garlic that are left over from the foliar spray...

DSC048021.JPG

DSC048031.JPG

DSC048041.JPG

DSC048051.JPG

DSC048061.JPG

DSC048071.JPG

DSC048082.JPG

DSC048091.JPG

DSC048101.JPG

DSC048111.JPG

Today is day 62 veg and the ladies are looking really healthy at this point! So far my treatments for the PM must be working because I haven't seen any forming on the leaves in the past 3 or 4 days so I am hoping that it doesn't return. I noticed yesterday that the girls were getting light again, seems that now they need a watering every 4-6 days now.

This feeding was only to recharge the microbe population so I mixed up:

4.5 gallons of 0ppm R/O water
2tbsp of molasses
1 scoop of Humboldt Myco Maximum
1 "teaback" consisting of a nylon stocking filled with a few scoops of ancient forest humus.

This mix was bubbled for 24 hours and had a nice healthy froth to the top of the bucket. I fed the girls today and they seem very happy !

Other than feeding the girls, not much else was done today. I will post some photo's later.

I also wanted to get back on track with weekly High Brix foliar feedings so I mixed up:

1L 0ppm R/O water
5ml Fulvic Acid (carbons and chelation)
5ml Humic Acid (complex carbons and chelation)
10ml 2-4-0 Hydrolyzed fish (high phosphorus, enzymes, micronutrients)
2ml Bioweed (cold pressed seaweed, growth hormones, micronutrients, enzymes)
2ml Earthjuice Microblast (micronutrient sulfates)
2ml Earthjuice Bloom 0-3-2 (source of phosphates)
5ml General organics Cal/Mag (calcium, magnesium 5:1 with added fermented cane sugar and molasses)
1ml Advanced Nutrients Carboload (sugars/carbos)
5ml Advanced Nutrients Organic b (bvitamins from malt yeast fermentation extract)
A drop of organic soap (includes many different plant oils and saponins)

These are all ingredients that I have read from numerous sources to provide excellent foliar sprays that raise Brix value.
All of these ingredients were added in 1/2 or less amounts as recommended.

Here are the photos for today...the photo's with only CMH on are before the foliar spray, and the ones with dual lighting are after the foliar spray...

DSC048121.JPG

DSC048131.JPG

DSC048141.JPG

DSC048161.JPG

DSC048171.JPG

Looking great Ice! Looks to be getting close to flipping those beauties :thumb:

Keep it up and looking good :thumb:

:peace: and have a great memorial weekend!

Looking great Ice! Looks to be getting close to flipping those beauties :thumb:

Keep it up and looking good :thumb:

:peace: and have a great memorial weekend!

Thanks Msquared! I hope you enjoy your memorial weekend as well!!!

Back
Top Bottom